The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Jayop on July 18, 2019, 03:42:32 PM
If the game happened to be on all three channels I'd probably go Sky (providing Clerkin isn't on co-comm), then BBC and then I'd probably listen on the radio before watching RTE (slight sarcasm).

Don't have Sky, so first choice is BBC. Far better pundits, analysis and no bitching or someone talking bollix or trying to steal the show.

RTE only if not on BBC. If it's Ger Canning on commentary, I mute it, and put on radio commentary. If that's not available, I watch it on mute. I would rarely watch RTE half time analysis, too many egos and bullshit.

bennydorano

Losing faith with RTE myself, Brolly becoming very hard to listen to. Dick Clerkin is awful on Sky and the Senan Connell role always seems a bit superfluous to me, he must be there for eye candy for the ladies or something.

BennyCake

Quote from: bennydorano on July 18, 2019, 05:49:10 PM
Losing faith with RTE myself, Brolly becoming very hard to listen to. Dick Clerkin is awful on Sky and the Senan Connell role always seems a bit superfluous to me, he must be there for eye candy for the ladies or something.

Brolly is impossible to listen to. RTE need a big clearout.

Yeah, Senan Connell, could never figure that one out myself.

omaghjoe

They'll keep Brolly sure o'Rourke keeps coming for the last 20 years and they cant tell him to go away....reminds me of Milton in Office Space

westbound

Quote from: BennyCake on July 18, 2019, 06:01:43 PM

Senan Connell spent much of the pre-match from Hyde park last week telling us that the 45metre line in the hyde was nearer the goal than  the 45 in croke park! ::)

Maybe the groundman in croke park has bigger steps!  :P

thejuice

So Colm how can Meath win today.

Colm O'Rourke all in the same sentence: "Keeper needs to just kick it out long and let the lads fight for it" and "we don't have any high fielders midfield"
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

trileacman

Quote from: thejuice on July 21, 2019, 02:04:19 PM
So Colm how can Meath win today.

Colm O'Rourke all in the same sentence: "Keeper needs to just kick it out long and let the lads fight for it" and "we don't have any high fielders midfield"

I enjoyed the look on McManus's face when the two dinosaurs said goalkeepers just need to kick the ball out and not bother with short kickouts. He glanced at them as if they'd just suggested Neil Armstrong had never been to the moon.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

square_ball

Difference between McConville and Dolan on co-commentary is night and day.

From the Bunker

Quote from: square_ball on July 21, 2019, 03:03:26 PM

Yes, pity he has Marty beside him!

square_ball

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 21, 2019, 03:23:19 PM

We can't have it all unfortunately. Marty just talks too much.

Main Street

Quote from: westbound on July 19, 2019, 08:11:34 AM

Senan Connell spent much of the pre-match from Hyde park last week telling us that the 45metre line in the hyde was nearer the goal than  the 45 in croke park! ::)

You may think that about Senan, but that's actually one of his smarter comments, that's why he kept repeating it. Senan acts out the stage Dub role with an insane joviality. 
Someone in Sky loves him.

BennyHarp

I don't know if it's psychological or not but i genuinely feel like I get more stupid the longer I listen to Dessie Dolan.
That was never a square ball!!

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Main Street on July 21, 2019, 03:43:42 PM
Quote from: westbound on July 19, 2019, 08:11:34 AM

You may think that about Senan, but that's actually one of his smarter comments, that's why he kept repeating it. Senan acts out the stage Dub role with an insane joviality. 
Someone in Sky loves him.
Think I recall that the guy who became producer of Sky's GAA coverage was the same guy who did it for TV3, and Connell was on that too. That may be something to do with it.

Main Street

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 21, 2019, 05:04:04 PM
I don't know if it's psychological or not but i genuinely feel like I get more stupid the longer I listen to Dessie Dolan.
You have been listening to Dessie way too long.

BennyCake

Quote from: square_ball on July 21, 2019, 03:43:04 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 21, 2019, 03:23:19 PM

We can't have it all unfortunately. Marty just talks too much.

They all talk too much. Even the good ones. There should be an option for no commentary.