Previous topic - Next topic

aroundincircles

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Caid

Quote from: aroundincircles on June 21, 2009, 06:18:51 PM
WICKLOW V FERMANAGH

Not the best draw we could have got...
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: fred the red on June 21, 2009, 06:21:49 PM
Quote from: aroundincircles on June 21, 2009, 06:21:26 PM
LONDON V DOWN

who will be at home for this?

Down were guaranteed a home tie regardless of how they were drawn.

aroundincircles

Maguire01

A lot of poor teams making it through to the second round.

orangeman

armaghniac

Monaghan Armagh
Donegal   Carlow
London    Down
Wicklow   Fermanagh
Leitrim   Longford
Wexford Offaly
Louth   Tipperary
Meath   Waterford

Down guaranteed home game, I believe.

Some teams who had a bad first game, Meath, Donegal, and even Down can get the show back on the road.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: imdagaffer on June 21, 2009, 06:24:04 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 21, 2009, 06:22:57 PM
Quote from: fred the red on June 21, 2009, 06:21:49 PM
LONDON V DOWN

who will be at home for this?

Down were guaranteed a home tie regardless of how they were drawn.

why?

A motion was passed at congress that if you play away the previous year in the 1st qualifer round, you are guaranteed a home tie the next year.

Main Street

Looks like Monaghan v Armagh is the pick by a country mile.

I feel sorry for Armagh, they didn't deserve such a tough away game  but that's the ways of an open draw.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Not sure Down will be at home - no mention of it and they specifically said the draw was completely open.

As for Armagh, I'd be disappointed except I'm not at all surprised. Said from the start we'd get Monaghan. I'd say its the draw neither team wanted. We'd the slightly more impressive game int he Ulster championship but Monaghan have beaten us 2 years in a row in the League.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Trevor Hill

Quote from: orangeman on June 21, 2009, 06:23:44 PM
LONDON V DOWN

Trevor will be delighted.

Weekend in the West End, why wouldnt I be?  ;)
Was really hoping for Armagh, then Leitrim, just so we had an excuse to go back to Lough Rynn Castle.

armaghniac

QuoteA motion was passed at congress that if you play away the previous year in the 1st qualifer round, you are guaranteed a home tie the next year.

it is a pity and typical, that TV3 do not know this, although it was mentioned in the papers.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Archie Mitchell

The man doing the draw was brutal also. Searching around for information on the teams as they were drew out. There only is 16 teams, it wasnt like he had to go through a book to find it.

Bensars

Quote from: armaghniac on June 21, 2009, 06:27:51 PM
QuoteA motion was passed at congress that if you play away the previous year in the 1st qualifer round, you are guaranteed a home tie the next year.

it is a pity and typical, that TV3 do not know this, although it was mentioned in the papers.

TV3 ( more precisely the guy doing the commentary on the draw)  knew very little about any of the counties drawn.  A least 3-4 times he said i have the information here somewhere. You coud nearly hear the pages turning