Ulster Semifinal- Derry v Tyrone 21/6/09 Casement Park

Started by Oakleafer93, May 31, 2009, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMohan

Quote from: goal and a point on June 22, 2009, 12:59:45 PM
Standing beside a Ballinderry clubman yesterday. He reckoned that Ballinderry would have put up a better performace than the derry county team. He seemed bitter towards Cassidy in that he has ignored several Ballinderry players for the panel. He said it was typical Bellaghy hatred towards Ballinderry. Suppose bit like saying Crossmaglen would perform better in Ulster than the Armagh team.

Hmmm might be some truth in that mindset.

Cassidy did clear out the Ballinderry contingent when he came in

JMohan

Quote from: ziggysego on June 22, 2009, 12:51:13 PM
Was Ricey out of order? No. Was it unsportsman like? Yes.

Was he provoked? Not that I could see, but I'm told he was. However I didn't see, so I'm saying he wasn't.
He was out of order Ziggy - that was a bit much - be fair about it.

JMohan

Quote from: talktothehand on June 22, 2009, 12:44:25 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on June 21, 2009, 05:01:13 PM
Just in from Casement. Can't say I agree with the criticism of the ref, he had a tough job and done OK for the most part.
Tyrone are absolute masters at winding up and it was impossible to see all the little niggling. Not on the same level as Monaghan game though. Ryan McMenamin should be ashamed of the way he reacted after Bradley was dispossessed. Tyrone broke up the field and scored, McMenamin was 20 yards at least from Bradley, still lying on the ground and he strided over celebrating and shouting in Paddy's face. Don't know how he didn't punch him as that's all he wanted. Eoin Bradley also dropped the knee on a Tyrone player in the same original incident.

didn't get doing many keepie-ups yesterday did he:-)?

No - and he shouldn't have done that either ... that sh*t will always come back to haunt you.

JMohan

Quote from: talktothehand on June 22, 2009, 12:53:09 PM
Quote from: Will Hunting on June 22, 2009, 12:32:22 PM

Is this gouging from McGuigan? He's never pulled a dity stroke in his life though... not a dirty player ::)

Paddy Bradley would have been well within his rights to thump McMenamin after he put his head in Bradley's face. Glad he didn't respond to the sc**bag though. Nice fella off the pitch though ::)

you were all quick enough to dismiss an undoubted gouge from doherty against monaghan and what about b mcgoldrick's constant grabbing of opponents windpipes. many pictures of that from the last two games i'm sure. derry want to remember. we're not monaghan! were are tyrone, super tyrone. no one likes us. we don't care!!
Photo's are notorioulsy hard to read and often unfair - but that one certainly doesn't look good.

talktothehand

Quote from: JMohan on June 22, 2009, 01:06:27 PM
Quote from: talktothehand on June 22, 2009, 12:44:25 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on June 21, 2009, 05:01:13 PM
Just in from Casement. Can't say I agree with the criticism of the ref, he had a tough job and done OK for the most part.
Tyrone are absolute masters at winding up and it was impossible to see all the little niggling. Not on the same level as Monaghan game though. Ryan McMenamin should be ashamed of the way he reacted after Bradley was dispossessed. Tyrone broke up the field and scored, McMenamin was 20 yards at least from Bradley, still lying on the ground and he strided over celebrating and shouting in Paddy's face. Don't know how he didn't punch him as that's all he wanted. Eoin Bradley also dropped the knee on a Tyrone player in the same original incident.

didn't get doing many keepie-ups yesterday did he:-)?

No - and he shouldn't have done that either ... that sh*t will always come back to haunt you.

i think that the match in 2006 and last year's league game gave tyrone plenty of motivation even though it wasn't mentioned in the build up.  ricey is an idiot at times but i would have reminded PB of his antics at celtic park if i'd been marking him and we went 8 up.  

ziggysego

Quote from: JMohan on June 22, 2009, 01:05:40 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 22, 2009, 12:51:13 PM
Was Ricey out of order? No. Was it unsportsman like? Yes.

Was he provoked? Not that I could see, but I'm told he was. However I didn't see, so I'm saying he wasn't.
He was out of order Ziggy - that was a bit much - be fair about it.

No, he wasn't. It was unsportsman like, but it wasn't out of order. When some people the name Ricey, they go red with rage. If it was that bad, wouldn't it have been a talking point last night.

Now I'm the first to admit that Ricey leaves a bad taste in my mouth with some of the stuff he does during games. He's a good enough footballer and doesn't need to be at it. Yesterday's.... well it isn't even worth talking about.
Testing Accessibility

Muzz

Just before Ricey's antics he had taken a very hard hit from Eoin.  I assume that he must have thought it was Paddy.  Whilst he shouldnt be at that carry on it could be a reason why he decided to let himself down.

ziggysego

Quote from: Muzz on June 22, 2009, 01:18:53 PM
Just before Ricey's antics he had taken a very hard hit from Eoin.  I assume that he must have thought it was Paddy.  Whilst he shouldnt be at that carry on it could be a reason why he decided to let himself down.

That's what I heard, which I referred to early. Didn't want to comment on it, as I didn't see the incident myself.
Testing Accessibility

JMohan

Quote from: ziggysego on June 22, 2009, 01:20:33 PM
Quote from: Muzz on June 22, 2009, 01:18:53 PM

That's what I heard, which I referred to early. Didn't want to comment on it, as I didn't see the incident myself.
He knew it wasn't Paddy as he had just hit Paddy himself before that - which was what Eoin was reacting to.

Look I'm not anti Ricey. I think he's a great footballer - but that kind of stuff is way out of order in any sporting environment.

If my brother did that to any footballer and the lad got up and broke his jaw with a slap he'd get no sympathy from me ... you don't do that. You win with manners. And the best way to answer Bradleys messing from 2 years ago would have been to do nothing accept win the game.

Doohicky

How come no one is mentioning the 'tackle' which led to McMahon being stretchered off?

I admit I was a fair distance away, but I thought he was going down fo the ball and the Derry player swung the leg in at him.
Unless the rules have changed that isn't allowed and should have been a yellow card at least.
Wasn't even a foul given.

If I haven't seen it correctly, then fair enough. Anyone else get a better view?

JMohan

orangeman

Quote from: Doohicky on June 22, 2009, 01:34:33 PM
How come no one is mentioning the 'tackle' which led to McMahon being stretchered off?

I admit I was a fair distance away, but I thought he was going down fo the ball and the Derry player swung the leg in at him.
Unless the rules have changed that isn't allowed and should have been a yellow card at least.
Wasn't even a foul given.

If I haven't seen it correctly, then fair enough. Anyone else get a better view?

One of those things in my book. Nothing untoward.

Main Street

It was great to see Dooher on again. In the last game his entrance was hardly noticed (just judging by tv coverage). This time he was greeted with due respect.
His willingness to  re-enter an already won game with a very fragile looking stitched cut around the eye gives some indication that his career could go on a while yet, if the body holds up.

the sledger

unfortunately, despite the defeat yesterday,it looks as if things are only going to get worse for derry

i was talking to a lad from tyrone yesterday,he's typical tyrone folk lik, loves the county men.however, this lad said yesterday that him and a few of his other tyrone buddies, were going to retire dooher to stud in the next couple of years.he was telling me that theyve the stable and all built for dooher to stay in and within the next couple of years the dooher gene will be spreading throughout tyrone

theyve a loada wemen lined up and in 18 years we will see a tyrone team full of doohers

Fuzzman

Sorry if anyine has already covered it but how's Stevie's injury?
Did he dislocate his thumb or finger?

I didn't see the Ricey incident at all but will watch it again 2nite as recorded it.
I'd say it was with the keepy Uppy thing in mind and agree its unsporting but this is Derry v Tyrone at the end of the day in one of the most boring derby matches I've seen in ages.