Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: Club boi on May 24, 2019, 11:51:18 AM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on May 23, 2019, 10:27:55 PM
Everyone to their own I guess, what I know if I got hit in the way it has been described on this discussion board, yip I would have returned the compliment. I have no qualm in saying that. What if he had of retaliated and got sent off, big deal, one game suspension. Its called self defence. I appreciate everyone sees these things differently and everyone is different, I think its called 'fight or flight' in relation to how people instinctively react.

You'll search long and hard to find ANYONE who will agree with you on your opinion here

I've said on here in the past that if two guys go at it on the pitch following a bad tackle/niggling etc, thats one thing. I dont agree with it but every person can make their own decision as to whether to go toe to toe knowing they are likely to get sent off and/or hurt. Bottom line is that they are ready to fight and prepared for it. Someone who punches a player when they go to shake their hand at the start of the match and so are unprepared for it is a cowardly ****. I would have no sympathy for  that p***k if he ended up in the courts. Same as late hits/blindside punches etc.

GetOverTheBar

Everyone to their own I guess, what I know if I got hit in the way it has been described on this discussion board, yip I would have returned the compliment. I have no qualm in saying that. What if he had of retaliated and got sent off, big deal, one game suspension. Its called self defence. I appreciate everyone sees these things differently and everyone is different, I think its called 'fight or flight' in relation to how people instinctively react.

Not a great post lad. I hope my thinking is correct and you are about 17 or 18. Plenty of time to grow up - always remember, no matter how hard you are or think you are, you'll find someone harder.

West is best

Seen the cookstown v Augher match recently and cookstown had a young centre forward by the name of Ronan Donnelly, scored 4 points looked like he could do a job at a higher level. Another fella I seen who looked like he had county in him was Haydn McNamee from Strabane, looked like he had a head about him.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: TabClear on May 24, 2019, 11:58:15 AM
Quote from: Club boi on May 24, 2019, 11:51:18 AM

You'll search long and hard to find ANYONE who will agree with you on your opinion here

I've said on here in the past that if two guys go at it on the pitch following a bad tackle/niggling etc, thats one thing. I dont agree with it but every person can make their own decision as to whether to go toe to toe knowing they are likely to get sent off and/or hurt. Bottom line is that they are ready to fight and prepared for it. Someone who punches a player when they go to shake their hand at the start of the match and so are unprepared for it is a cowardly ****. I would have no sympathy for  that p***k if he ended up in the courts. Same as late hits/blindside punches etc.
100%
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Fear ón Srath Bán

The problem with your "fight or flight" is that when the situation is one of neither "fight nor flight", ie, shaking an on-field opponent's hand before the throw-in, and you throw a sly dig, then that's just a knackerish thing to do, and you deserve to be hauled through whatever civic provisions as exist to put you away so that you cannot inflict that damage on any other innocents for a while.

Don't attempt to put a gloss on that kind of thuggish behaviour please, it has no place in our games.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 26, 2019, 10:36:02 PM

The problem with your "fight or flight" is that when the situation is one of neither "fight nor flight", ie, shaking an on-field opponent's hand before the throw-in, and you throw a sly dig, then that's just a knackerish thing to do, and you deserve to be hauled through whatever civic provisions as exist to put you away so that you cannot inflict that damage on any other innocents for a while.

Don't attempt to put a gloss on that kind of thuggish behaviour please, it has no place in our games.

Would you take the time to read the posts you tube. I said and stand by it, if you get hit like that, hit back and defend yourself. Feck the suspension. Someone hits you dirty defend yourself. What's complicated about that. What I didn't know and said it in my first post that I hadn't read any posts prior to my first post, and then a subsequent post from another explained, was that the lad was seriously hurt explaining why he was unable to defend him and had to leave the pitch injured.
If you want to stand and let someone hit you and not defend yourself, your welcome to it, but I will defend myself on a pitch or anywhere else, providing I am not badly hurt as this young man was as a result of the dirty dig

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on May 26, 2019, 11:14:18 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 26, 2019, 10:36:02 PM

Would you take the time to read the posts you tube. I said and stand by it, if you get hit like that, hit back and defend yourself. Feck the suspension. Someone hits you dirty defend yourself. What's complicated about that. What I didn't know and said it in my first post that I hadn't read any posts prior to my first post, and then a subsequent post from another explained, was that the lad was seriously hurt explaining why he was unable to defend him and had to leave the pitch injured.
If you want to stand and let someone hit you and not defend yourself, your welcome to it, but I will defend myself on a pitch or anywhere else, providing I am not badly hurt as this young man was as a result of the dirty dig

Keep digging why don't you.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Under Lights

Did y'all hear the latest about the lad involved in this incident?

Delegater

Under Lights

Something doing the rounds on social media. Its an off the field thing. Best not say.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Under Lights on May 28, 2019, 01:26:28 PM
Something doing the rounds on social media. Its an off the field thing. Best not say.

Why did you bring it up then? ;D

Under Lights

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 28, 2019, 03:13:47 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on May 28, 2019, 01:26:28 PM

Why did you bring it up then? ;D

I'd rather we didn't talk about it on a forum.

quit yo jibbajabba

This could go down as Conversation of the Year on here.

Keep going, its going well..

southtyronegael

Heard this rumour too. This lad needs took off the streets and get treatment.

trailer

Did anyone else hear about the thing, with your man, who was involved with your boy. Don't want to bring it up here though.