Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: na cleirigh on August 20, 2009, 04:20:42 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 20, 2009, 04:07:15 PM
Quote from: na cleirigh on August 20, 2009, 04:05:30 PM
Went to see 'Time Travellers wife' the other night. It was ok. Sorry funny concept but there you go.

Also was made watch Mama Mia last night. PB cannot sing for a start. But it wasn't that bad of a film.
what? Ah I watched the first ten minutes and would slit my writs if I had to sit through the whole lot!

:D I was considering the worst film ever. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Think next film i'll be watching will be 17 again. Its got some good reviews on here.
Yeah, 17 again isnt bad, few laughs, I thought anyway.  Apparently if you like it though you're a teenage girl so I dont know.  I dont know what you are for liking mamma mia.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Agnes Dipesto

Mamma Mia is watchable even though half of them haven't a note. I watched the Hangover at the weekend and thought it was good.

I am really looking forward to the new Twilight movie New Moon coming out.

Never beat the deeler

Saw District 9 the other nite... Very strange movie - one of those you come away wondering WTF?!

But I found it enjoyable none the less. Thought it was quite innovative
Hasta la victoria siempre

Eastern_Pride

District 9 was an....odd movie. The lead was extrordinary is his role, he was truly believable and was integral in  making the film what it is. The action of the movie carried it on and was very good
Not bad, I saw one magazine call it an Oscar contender.
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Bogball XV

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on December 15, 2008, 08:09:51 AM

The Happening... terrible acting, weird film, watched it till the end though to see what happens... wouldn't reccomend it!
Would have to say The Happening is as bad a movie as I've ever watched from start to finish.

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: Bogball XV on August 21, 2009, 12:34:56 PM

The Happening... terrible acting, weird film, watched it till the end though to see what happens... wouldn't reccomend it!
Would have to say The Happening is as bad a movie as I've ever watched from start to finish.
It won an Anti-Oscar.....It's a real thing!
It was truly awful..heres comes a rant...
First of all the movie starts with people dying, and no great panic. Then mark Wahlberg comes along and adds nothing to the story apart from being mildly surprised millions are killing themselves and proclaims himself the saver of everyone. And the twist? The whole story is revealed within an hour! Lastly, the token crazy old woman is the WORST. CHARACTER. EVER.

full back

Couldnt be bothered reading back through thread............what is 'I Love You Man' like?

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: full back on August 21, 2009, 12:42:55 PM
Couldnt be bothered reading back through thread............what is 'I Love You Man' like?
There's a few funny bits but I didn't think it was that good. It was ok but could have been a lot better.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 19, 2009, 10:58:05 AM
Mesrine (Part 1): Killer Instinct

Great gangster movie, in French with subtitles; a lot of violence, but that only mirrors the reality of Mesrine's life. Some boyo he was.

Saw it last Saturday.....good film.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 21, 2009, 12:38:37 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on August 21, 2009, 12:34:56 PM

It won an Anti-Oscar.....It's a real thing!
It was truly awful..heres comes a rant...
First of all the movie starts with people dying, and no great panic. Then mark Wahlberg comes along and adds nothing to the story apart from being mildly surprised millions are killing themselves and proclaims himself the saver of everyone. And the twist? The whole story is revealed within an hour! Lastly, the token crazy old woman is the WORST. CHARACTER. EVER.
I'll second that.

The Real Laoislad

Watchable
You'll Never Walk Alone.

full back

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 21, 2009, 02:06:47 PM

Watchable

By the sounds of you & EP, looks like it will be BB tonight

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on August 21, 2009, 12:46:18 PM

Great gangster movie, in French with subtitles; a lot of violence, but that only mirrors the reality of Mesrine's life. Some boyo he was.

Aye. Part 2, Public Enemy Number One, is out next Friday, and looking forward to seeing that.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 21, 2009, 02:15:55 PM
Quote from: playwiththewind1st on August 21, 2009, 12:46:18 PM

Aye. Part 2, Public Enemy Number One, is out next Friday, and looking forward to seeing that.

Might take it in, on the basis of the 1st film. Mrs Playwiththewind not overly impressed last week - she doesn't like too much violence, so is neither keen on French gangster movies, or hurling for that matter.

DennistheMenace

Forrest Gump - One of my favourite movies of our generation. 9.9/10