Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

THis is England is a class movie..... with one of the nastiest movie "baddies" you will ever see in it.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 29, 2009, 01:17:59 PM
Quote from: Santino on April 29, 2009, 12:49:17 PM
State of Play with Crowe and Affleck is as good a thriller as i've seen lately
Maybe you can help unravel the storyline for the fox. He isn't as young as he once was.

it wasn't that hard to follow and was a superb movie from that genre. It is the best movie that has been out in the cinema in a while. Good enough to get oscars at least from the point of view of the quality of the movie whatever about the quality of the acting which I know nothing about. The writing would probably get an oscar nomination.

Capt Pat

I thought funny games was quite, good. It is very unconventional and probably just for fans if psycho movies.

Capt Pat

I had kind of forgotten about that and much of the movie but it is good if a little more dark sided than normal hollywood stuff.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 05, 2009, 11:17:06 PM
Maybe you can help unravel the storyline for the fox. He isn't as young as he once was.

it wasn't that hard to follow and was a superb movie from that genre. It is the best movie that has been out in the cinema in a while. Good enough to get oscars at least from the point of view of the quality of the movie whatever about the quality of the acting which I know nothing about. The writing would probably get an oscar nomination.

It was a ridiculous story with that reporter thinking he was Columbo... much too far fetched

thebigfella

Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 06, 2009, 12:36:41 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on May 05, 2009, 11:17:06 PM

It was a ridiculous story with that reporter thinking he was Columbo... much too far fetched

The tv series it's based on is much better and more worthwhile watching than the movie.

AFS

Quote from: hardstation on May 05, 2009, 11:20:21 PM
Heard of a film today called Funny Games. Was toul it was shite but weird as fcuk. A remake of a film in German about 10 years ago.

Has anyone seen it?

Think the original was Austrian, not that it really makes much difference. Haven't seen the remake but the original one was interesting, not really sure that you're supposed to enjoy it but its well worth a watch.

Main Street

The rule of thumb is that the original subtitled film is superior and remakes just don't come close.
Some exceptions, like the Departed, was decent enough but mainly because it paid homage to the original.

Our Nail Loney

Was off today so i went and got two DVDs:

1. Sex Drive - Biggest waste of money I have spent, it was a sub standard Superbad wannabe film, was cringe worthy, the only funny thing was the older brother...

2. Body Of Lies - Meh, it was ok but not what I had expected for a Di Caprio/Crowe/Ridley Scott film, the acting from the two leads was great, as was Mark Strong who played the Jordanian Head of Intelligence though the tory wasn't as gripping as I thought it was gonna be.

So all in all not my two best purchases.

Main Street

ONL, did you get to watch Reservation Road?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Main Street on May 06, 2009, 09:58:25 PM
ONL, did you get to watch Reservation Road?

Oh no I didnt, might download it tonight actually and watch it tomorrow... I know I promised you all a review didn't I!

leenie

pride and prejudice ........ its on rte1 now

good oul fashion romance
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

The Watcher Pat

Reservoir dogs on C5 far better show...
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

leenie

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on May 06, 2009, 09:53:15 PM
Was off today so i went and got two DVDs:

1. Sex Drive - Biggest waste of money I have spent, it was a sub standard Superbad wannabe film, was cringe worthy, the only funny thing was the older brother...

2. Body Of Lies - Meh, it was ok but not what I had expected for a Di Caprio/Crowe/Ridley Scott film, the acting from the two leads was great, as was Mark Strong who played the Jordanian Head of Intelligence though the tory wasn't as gripping as I thought it was gonna be.

So all in all not my two best purchases.

Sex Drive is a terrible show. They said it was Superbad on wheels, but doesnt even come close to Superbad or similar films like the American Pie's, Road Trip etc.

Role Models is a good show though!