Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leenie

OH RIGHT............

watched American beauty again last night and was just wondering....

another film i never tire of is As good as it gets, love jack Nicholas in it!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

milltown row

watched a Scottish film last night. Dear Frankie

cracking show, very good and tugged at the heart strings, very much recomendated

Norf Tyrone

Finally watched Slumdog last night. It was a bit one paced, but definately a good film for 'something different'. I really enjoyed the last 15 or 20 minutes though. I don't think it does much for the Indian tourist board despite all the media profile.

Norf Tyrone says..... 7 out of 10. Maybe 7.5.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on March 07, 2009, 06:22:21 PM
Watched Into The Wild last night. A story about a young American lad who lived a frugal life after graduating, living off the earth and eventually living in the wild in America. True story. A good story and yer man has an interesting outlook on life. Not one I would share but worth watching imo. Very slow moving however.

I thought into the wild was great,i would agree its slow moving at times,but great story and some good perfomances.
One of my favourite films I've seen lately
(love the soundtrack too)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Goats Do Shave

Gran Torino... great show. Clint was super.

Taken... also very enjoyable (as much as that type of show can be enjoyable!?) Like the comment about Liam Neeson being Jason Bourne's da... he he true!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 08, 2009, 08:17:10 PM
Watched Into The Wild last night. A story about a young American lad who lived a frugal life after graduating, living off the earth and eventually living in the wild in America. True story. A good story and yer man has an interesting outlook on life. Not one I would share but worth watching imo. Very slow moving however.

I thought into the wild was great,i would agree its slow moving at times,but great story and some good perfomances.

Totally agree. I loved the bit where they tried to take the horse into the lift. Funny, but moving as well.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 09, 2009, 08:06:21 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 08, 2009, 08:17:10 PM

Totally agree. I loved the bit where they tried to take the horse into the lift. Funny, but moving as well.

Yeah the soundtrack is super, Eddie Vedder has some voice.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Capt Pat

Anvil - The Story of Anvil. This is one you have to go and see it is a mocumentary and a cross between "Spinal Tap" and "The Wrestler". The best film I have seen in a while.

ziggysego

Watched 'Shes the Man' last night. Jesus wept it was bad.
Testing Accessibility

Goats Do Shave

Burn After Reading - Great cast, some good performances (John Malkovich & Bradd Pitt were both funny) but not a great show. one to miss.

Started watching CSI MIami last night. Season 1 - looks good!

nifan

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 10, 2009, 12:22:26 AM
Anvil - The Story of Anvil. This is one you have to go and see it is a mocumentary and a cross between "Spinal Tap" and "The Wrestler". The best film I have seen in a while.

It isnt a mockumentary- its a documentary.

magpie seanie

Watched In Bruges on Saturday night. Really enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. I thought with all the hype it was bound to be a letdown but it was really good. McDonagh translates really well to the big screen and Colin Farrell's performance is above anything I thought him capable of. 

Billys Boots

I watched 'In Bruges' on Sunday night, and I enjoyed it very much too.  Three excellent performances, even though Ralph Fiennes could never pass for a Cockney git.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 10, 2009, 05:14:14 PM
I watched 'In Bruges' on Sunday night, and I enjoyed it very much too.  Three excellent performances, even though Ralph Fiennes could never pass for a Cockney git.

I hated it!