Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone86

Quote from: new devil on February 20, 2009, 09:31:28 PM
Mail street what did you DL to play the wire? Dloaded series 1 but it didnt play...dont really know much about this sort of thing

You need VLC media player for series 1 and there are another couple of downloads as well, google mkv files follow the instructions and you should get it eventually.

You're probably best watching the Wire in the context of the series Pints rather than individual episodes, it gradually builds a different case over each series rather than episode. It might take a bit of patience but it's worth it.

new devil

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 20, 2009, 09:33:27 PM
QuoteI downl Criminal Minds after Pints said he liked it.
It´s well done but they are dead keen to wrap up a crime of the century investigations in 20 or 30 minutes.
That's the way I like it, one of the criticisms I'd have of it though is they nearly always manage to get there in time to save another victim. 

It's a great show though.

I downloaded a couple of episodes of the wire last night so will try it over the weekend.

Watching Bones since I came home, have to say I'm loving it. 
Who knew they used flesh eating beetles to clean the bones of burn victims!!!  I didnt!

Newdevil - this is one I downloaded the wire from and it's playing fine
http://www.mininova.org/tor/622418

Cheers pints ive started to DL it....

AFS

Quote from: tyrone86 on February 20, 2009, 11:01:09 PM
Mail street what did you DL to play the wire? Dloaded series 1 but it didnt play...dont really know much about this sort of thing

You need VLC media player for series 1 and there are another couple of downloads as well, google mkv files follow the instructions and you should get it eventually.

You're probably best watching the Wire in the context of the series Pints rather than individual episodes, it gradually builds a different case over each series rather than episode. It might take a bit of patience but it's worth it.

Yeah, its one show you really can't dip in and out of. It takes a wee while to get used to the street talk too.

Bensars

Watched Austrailia last night. Thought it was a very good show

aontroim

Quote from: Bensars on February 21, 2009, 12:49:24 PM
Watched Austrailia last night. Thought it was a very good show

Me too - great show alright - also watched Thick As Thieves today - wasn't too bad either.

Main Street

As tyrone 86 wrote, VLC will play most formats.
The Wire series you are downl is .avi  and very good quality.

longrunsthefox

Anyone else see Benjamin Button movie. Saw it last nite. One of those ones like The Green Mile that goes on forever but keeps but I did stay with it. It was fairly intriguing and an interesting concept of this boy getting younger. Not brilliant though... just about passes.     

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 22, 2009, 02:25:32 PM
Anyone else see Benjamin Button movie. Saw it last nite. One of those ones like The Green Mile that goes on forever but keeps but I did stay with it. It was fairly intriguing and an interesting concept of this boy getting younger. Not brilliant though... just about passes.     

I thought it looked very very boring so decided to give it a miss myself!!

ziggysego

Watched Get Smart on DVD last night. Was a bit worried incase it didn't live up to the original series. I took about 15/20 minutes to get going properly, but I really enjoyed it. Good craic.
Testing Accessibility

Maximus Marillius

I seen Gran Torino last night with Clint acting as well as directing. Was not disappointed at all....thought it was a super movie. Clint is brilliant as a crabit, twisted and racist old man

corn02

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on February 23, 2009, 05:08:19 PM
I seen Gran Torino last night with Clint acting as well as directing. Was not disappointed at all....thought it was a super movie. Clint is brilliant as a crabit, twisted and racist old man

Saw it last night too, excellent show.

gerry

We must have all being watching it. Good show though
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

new devil

Quote from: new devil on February 21, 2009, 01:02:25 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 20, 2009, 09:33:27 PM
QuoteI downl Criminal Minds after Pints said he liked it.
It´s well done but they are dead keen to wrap up a crime of the century investigations in 20 or 30 minutes.
That's the way I like it, one of the criticisms I'd have of it though is they nearly always manage to get there in time to save another victim. 

It's a great show though.

I downloaded a couple of episodes of the wire last night so will try it over the weekend.

Watching Bones since I came home, have to say I'm loving it. 
Who knew they used flesh eating beetles to clean the bones of burn victims!!!  I didnt!

Newdevil - this is one I downloaded the wire from and it's playing fine
http://www.mininova.org/tor/622418

Cheers pints ive started to DL it....

Pints DL the wire but when i went to watch it,it says codec aquired...i typed codec into google and DL them but its still doing the same...its playing on windows media player ifs thats any help  :-[

Main Street

Download VLC, it's freeware.
It has all the codecs you need.

Billys Boots

The Wire started from scratch (series 1, episode 1) on FX last night, if that's any help.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...