Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 09, 2009, 11:26:59 PM
Watched Defiance there, good show.

Saw it Saturday myself and really enjoyed it. Great story.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: corn02 on January 08, 2009, 11:13:43 PM
Role Models is very, very good.

Saw this myself last night, the whole cniema was ni stitches!! The wee fella stole the show...

Though on a sadder note, I was dying for the toilet the shole time and couldn't relax!! I didn't want to leave in case I missed something plus the row was full and I would have pissed everyone off!!

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 12, 2009, 05:29:41 PM
Sex Drive is a good laugh.

Trailer looks good, think I will watch that next...

corn02

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 12, 2009, 05:22:27 PM

Saw this myself last night, the whole cniema was ni stitches!! The wee fella stole the show...

Though on a sadder note, I was dying for the toilet the shole time and couldn't relax!! I didn't want to leave in case I missed something plus the row was full and I would have pissed everyone off!!

Didn't I tell you he would upsatge Fogal. Our raw dog from Mullaghbawn said he didn't like it because the wee fella "would not say that stuff in real life."  ??? It's a movie....

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: corn02 on January 12, 2009, 05:31:24 PM

Didn't I tell you he would upsatge Fogal. Our raw dog from Mullaghbawn said he didn't like it because the wee fella "would not say that stuff in real life."  ??? It's a movie....

He must not enjoy tv or film, all this fantasy stuff!!

corn02

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 12, 2009, 05:36:01 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 12, 2009, 05:31:24 PM

He must not enjoy tv or film, all this fantasy stuff!!

He belongs in Laird.

Tony Baloney

Watched Pineapple Express on saturday night. Didn't really fancy it compared to the others from the Apatow stable.

Hellboy 2 last night. Not great. Although wtf was the Giant's Causeway big all about?!

Rav67

Role models is quality.  The doll who runs the camp is very funny in it as well as the wee lad

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 12, 2009, 07:58:02 PM
Watched Pineapple Express on saturday night. Didn't really fancy it compared to the others from the Apatow stable.

Piiish!

full back

Role Models is a decent show
The wee lad is very very funny, steals the whole show
Thought the ending was pure sh1te, they spend far too much time on the 'battle' & then it is a happy ending for everyone ::)

Puckoon

Just watched grand Torino. Havnt been this impressed with a movie in a long time. Eastwood is superb.

nrico2006

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is very, very good.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Main Street

What was the appeal for you nrico?
I thought the Curious Case of Benjamin Button was alright, interesting but not outstanding.

I was irritated by the overdose and overkill with CGI, looked so obviously fake.

Donagh

Quote from: Puckoon on January 16, 2009, 02:42:36 AM
Just watched grand Torino. Havnt been this impressed with a movie in a long time. Eastwood is superb.

Have been trying to get a few hours to watch this for a while now. The oul boy has been raving about it. Shud get a look this weekend.

Watched Defiance last weekend. Okay war movie in the "oh isn't it horrible how the Jews were treated" mode. Probably would have enjoyed it more if Gaza wasn't getting pounding at the moment.