Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFS

Quote from: screenmachine on April 30, 2008, 06:23:57 PM
seen 'we own the night' there recently, good show, well worth a watch!

We own the shite more like. Worst film i've seen this year, and i've watch Paris Hilton's film.

Aerlik

I watched " Before the devil knows you're dead" the other night.  Very enjoyable.  Full of gore, shagging, suspense and don't fall asleep.  I also got "Death at a funeral" out on DVD the other night.  What a funny fillum.  Quare craic.

And I took mini-me to see "Howard finds a who".  Dr.Seuss-type stuff.  Enjoyable.  Managed to stay awake all through.  Helped no end by junior telling me what was going to happen having seen the fillum twice before.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: AFS on May 01, 2008, 07:51:15 AM
Quote from: screenmachine on April 30, 2008, 06:23:57 PM
seen 'we own the night' there recently, good show, well worth a watch!

We own the shite more like. Worst film i've seen this year, and i've watch Paris Hilton's film.

God I thought it was quite good, though I have watched some rubbish lately!

Got it & Rendition out a few weeks ago, enjoyed both of them!

gander

Seen the new Jesse James film with Brad Pitt in it recently - Pure Shite!

nrico2006

I bought Jess James and was impressed with certain elements of it but overall it wasn't amazing.

We own the night is average and this kind of movie has been done before.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall last night, very funny in the usual Apatow style. Strong start and end but the middle is a bit weak and drags out a bit, but definitely worth going to see for a few laughs. Plus, Kristen Bell (even if she is ridiculously c**k-eyed, [no puns please!]) and Mila Kunis look sensational in it!

mhacadoir

saw the recruit the other night on telly, with colin farrell and al pacino. very good show.

also saw the sum of all fears which i enjoyed

Tony Baloney

QuoteWe own the night is average and this kind of movie has been done before.

What were someone infiltrates a gang? Then there would be no Serpico, Donnie Brasco, The Departed etc. etc. Maybe they should only have made one film about WWII, or the Vietnam War...

nrico2006

QuoteWhat were someone infiltrates a gang? Then there would be no Serpico, Donnie Brasco, The Departed etc. etc. Maybe they should only have made one film about WWII, or the Vietnam War...

Think you mean 'where' not were!

It is hardly a movie about someone infiltrating a gang; he went bugged to one meet and was found out.  The movie was ordinary and was slightly hyped due to its cast.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

pintsofguinness

I liked Jesse James and We own the night (really liked the car chase scene).

I saw that one about the shooting of John Lennon at the weekend, well worth the watch, interesting. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Our Nail Loney

Saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall last week it weas f**king hilarious I thought, though its just my type of film, I love stupid comedies...

All the fellas from Superbad in it an all, funny as f**k, thought Russell Brand was absolutley class as well.

Kunis is better than Bell, wasn't happy to hear after the film that the tits you see aren't actually Kunis'!!

magickingdom

saw forgetting sarah marshal and its a real good laugh, definitely recommend it ;D ;D

Zapatista

I sat up untill 2.30am this morning watching 'The Deer Hunter'. What a shit movie >:(

rosnarun

Quote from: Zapatista on July 09, 2008, 08:23:17 AM
I sat up untill 2.30am this morning watching 'The Deer Hunter'. What a shit movie >:(

you cant say that to a generation who   fell asleep and nearly missed ALI V Spink (open to correction long time ago ) because of it, fond memories
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Norf Tyrone

Done the family bit this week...

....SATC and Kung Fu panda this week.

SATC was better than I hoped. Aptly named, but don't go expecting high speed car chases etc.

KFP..quality. Not as lol as Shrek or Toy Story but very good all the same. Loved the fight scenes. It was the wee fellas first time in the cinema, so maybe that added to the whole thing.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone