NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gazboy

Quote from: armaghniac on March 26, 2024, 10:14:35 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 26, 2024, 10:13:13 PMWonder will many Dublin fans travel on Sunday?

They don't have to travel, they get a home game as usual.
Yeah exactly,more home games than any other county all year round,how is that fair?

Captain Obvious

What odds will I get for Dublin to win on Sunday and Derry to beat Dublin in the championship?

Jell 0 Biafra

Might be a better venue for that question.

toby47

How many do we expect to be in Croke Part on Sunday?

Mario

Quote from: toby47 on March 27, 2024, 09:09:42 AMHow many do we expect to be in Croke Part on Sunday?
Probably similar to last year which I think was around 45k.

Blowitupref

Quote from: toby47 on March 27, 2024, 09:09:42 AMHow many do we expect to be in Croke Part on Sunday?

According to Crokepark.ie they are expecting 40k and 10k for Saturday.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Most of Saturdays probably Laythrums?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Maroon Manc

Too many injuries for Galway, only saving grace is there's likely 6 championship games to be played before they play knockout football but I don't hold any hope.

Form the team that started the 2022 All Ireland Final (all of them are on the panel) 4 haven't started a league game, 3 have started one league game and Tierney has started 3 league games. Throw in the likes of Hernon & Cooke who both look like good division 1 players but decided not to commit then Galway are missing far too much quality, staying in the division is a good achievement.

There's a lot of lads on their first year on the panel who've got game time, there's a few others outside of that who aren't upto to this level but their size and physicality has been needed at times. Mulkerrins & Molloy have both found it very difficult coming back from serious injury, have my doubts about Mulkerrins anyways.

McGrath has been superb, Maher has been good but both were below their best and looked tired against Kerry. They've both played a lot of football during the league and it began to show.

Keeper had a nightmare 2nd half, Joyce has been very loyal to him but surely that can't continue. He just lost the plot.

les Antiques

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 27, 2024, 12:37:46 PM

Optimistic on both counts from Crokepark.ie in my opinion.

Tyrone Dreamer

Sunday's double header looks decent - you'd imagine they'd be disappointed not to get 40,000 plus. Derry Dublin the two best teams in the country on current form and both will want to win it so no danger of teams holding back too much. Ulster derby in the division 2 final which should attract decent numbers too. Though so far a lot of the ground not open - Easter Sunday could play a factor.

Armagh18

Quote from: les Antiques on March 27, 2024, 01:12:54 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on March 27, 2024, 12:37:46 PM

Optimistic on both counts from Crokepark.ie in my opinion.
Down will take a decent crowd down the road I'd say. We'll take a fair few and obviously the Dubs always come out in numbers.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 27, 2024, 12:55:54 PMToo many injuries for Galway, only saving grace is there's likely 6 championship games to be played before they play knockout football but I don't hold any hope.

Form the team that started the 2022 All Ireland Final (all of them are on the panel) 4 haven't started a league game, 3 have started one league game and Tierney has started 3 league games. Throw in the likes of Hernon & Cooke who both look like good division 1 players but decided not to commit then Galway are missing far too much quality, staying in the division is a good achievement.

There's a lot of lads on their first year on the panel who've got game time, there's a few others outside of that who aren't upto to this level but their size and physicality has been needed at times. Mulkerrins & Molloy have both found it very difficult coming back from serious injury, have my doubts about Mulkerrins anyways.

McGrath has been superb, Maher has been good but both were below their best and looked tired against Kerry. They've both played a lot of football during the league and it began to show.

Keeper had a nightmare 2nd half, Joyce has been very loyal to him but surely that can't continue. He just lost the plot.

The Galway team that played in the 2022 semi-final and final have basically never played with each other since due to injuries. That was the one year they kept everyone fit and available (apart from Cooke who was away). Last year Silke was away. Molloy out for the year. And Comer and Sean Kelly got injured. This year a clatter of them have been out injured. Patrick Kelly started the 22 semi-final and final and has barely kicked a ball since since due to injury.

It's all very well lads being fresh for championship but there comes a tipping point where even if you get these players back on the field they are running out of time to get up to match fitness and match sharpness required for championship football.

Best Galway can hope for is that they can muddle through the Connacht championship (on the easier side of the draw). Reach a provincial final and whether they win or lose it will have them in the AI group stages. Hopefully they might get a few bodies back by then.

Wildweasel74

Well there wasn't 4k at home for Derry last week, Celtic Park had fair crowds for Dublin,Tyrone,Monaghan.So not sure what we bring.

armaghniac

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 27, 2024, 08:51:12 PMWell there wasn't 4k at home for Derry last week, Celtic Park had fair crwods for Dublin,Tyrone,Monaghan.So not sure what we bring.

Derry are big shots now, sure you wouldn't be bothered looking at Roscommon but Dublin are respectable opposition.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Wildweasel74

I prefer it when we try get in all games if possible.