Senior Hurlers 2022

Started by mcwregor, December 16, 2021, 10:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

blueandwhite1

I think the lads on the podcast are making some good points. The current system is doing nothing for us. I would prefer to see us getting a mix of matches 'at our level' - Antrim, Westmeath, Offaly, Carlow, Kerry AND a couple of shots at the bigger teams every year, if we earn it. 8 hammerings a year is doing us no good and certainly wouldn't inspire people to join the senior setup. Yes, if we are good enough maybe we can qualify to play only top tier matches but this might never happen, despite the optimism of some die hards. I think the points being made were about thinking differently which I agree with. I'd love to hear what the players think but I suspect they are not loving this.

SpeculativeEffort

Quote from: burdizzo on May 04, 2022, 11:15:10 PM
Sounds like Laois County Board.

Like many county boards really. Same problem only worse in Mayo this week. Hard to serve two masters.

clonadmad

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on May 06, 2022, 06:07:12 PM

Like many county boards really. Same problem only worse in Mayo this week. Hard to serve two masters.

Mayo would be able to serve 2 masters given their population size and resources,if they were arsed

They had no problem allowing the galway footballers in to train in  Castlebar this year

Martin Fogarty was right when he said about the way hurling and hurlers are treated in half the counties

Zooming around

The Laois County Football Board. Been that way for years. Our national game just gets in the way for those boys.

town1980

Don't cod ourselves we are  brutal inter county hurling and football lowest of the low this year you can blame the county board but unfortunately I don't think we have the players of old

clonadmad

Quote from: town1980 on May 08, 2022, 10:32:09 PM
Don't cod ourselves we are  brutal inter county hurling and football lowest of the low this year you can blame the county board but unfortunately I don't think we have the players of old

Laois Hurlers are probably ranked 10-11 the footballers are ranked 30-33

You will have to remind me as to the "players of old" and the great all ireland winning teams they were part of

Spiritof86

Quote from: town1980 on May 08, 2022, 10:32:09 PM

Definitely up there with one of your most ridiculous and bizarre outbursts .

G@@

Galway at home tonight at 5pm.
Going to be a tough slog for the lads.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Robbo

Happy with the team. Fennell will be needed back there for his pace.
Going to be a terribly tough evening. We are down just so many options. Wonder wil we see a debut or two from the u20s. I think  a few were called in so maybe parlon, shanahan, Duggan or obular.

G@@

2-36 to 0-21.
Not bad in conceded goals, but a hammering otherwise.
Cha off injured along with Dowling.
Hopefully they'll be back for Westmeath.
We'll need them and then some.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

clonadmad

Westmeath after drawing with Wexford

We could be in a spot of bother v them

marty34

Quote from: clonadmad on May 14, 2022, 08:28:27 PM
Westmeath after drawing with Wexford

We could be in a spot of bother v them

Still a winner takes all game?

Laois man

Is there much point staying up and getting hammered every week??

georgedoylesrightleg

Quote from: Laois man on May 15, 2022, 08:27:20 AM
Is there much point staying up and getting hammered every week??
That's a very defeatist atttiude