leinster club championship

Started by vetoldthe, December 02, 2021, 06:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyroanAbu

Ballybrittas Boy

Brilliant for Port to be heading to Croke Park. What a buzz there is around the town this week!

Keyser Söze

Isn't Russell a Laois man? He seems to have a long history of being biased against us....years ago it was Offaly and Vinny Claffey/The Millinnnnnneeeeium Man.
He appears to have moved onto Westmeath in more recent times!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Keyser Söze on December 07, 2021, 04:32:53 PM
Isn't Russell a Laois man? He seems to have a long history of being biased against us....years ago it was Offaly and Vinny Claffey/The Millinnnnnneeeeium Man.
He appears to have moved onto Westmeath in more recent times!
A Clonaslee man I believe.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Laois man

Another wonder point from John Heaslin😭😭 Gerry Russell at his best.

Blow-in

redsetanta

What's the story with the games in Croke Park. Will tickets be on general sale for it?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

SpeculativeEffort

Give Gerry a break lads. It the likes of Gerry with his unique style and others like him that make local radio far more entertaining than the national broadcaster with their dull, bland non committal phrases. Long live the local radio commentators of Ireland and long live Gerry Russell. Absolutely!

Laois man

You mean his own style shur he loves offaly and westmeath. 🤣

Giovanni

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on December 09, 2021, 05:11:24 PM
Give Gerry a break lads. It the likes of Gerry with his unique style and others like him that make local radio far more entertaining than the national broadcaster with their dull, bland non committal phrases. Long live the local radio commentators of Ireland and long live Gerry Russell. Absolutely!

Couldn't agree more! Gerry Russell or Ger Canning??

The PRO

Agreed on the local commentators. The likes of Jack Nolan, Joe Troy (even for an Offaly man!), Killian Whelan, Liam Spratt etc are brilliant. I just can't agree on Gerry though. He can't describe a game at all and last Sunday his bias towards Lomans was a disgrace for a radio station that is supposed to cover both of the counties involved in the game in question.

Smellyball

Quote from: Giovanni on December 09, 2021, 09:49:13 PM

Couldn't agree more! Gerry Russell or Ger Canning??

Ger Canning is nothing but a dose, I can't bear to watch a game he is commentating on.  Every second sentence is "back once again" or "back once more", constant use of stupid words like, impishly, niftly, latitude.
Should have been retired in the 90's.

Blow-in

Seamus Mulhare refereeing Naas semi final on RTE next Saturday. Double head with Port game.

G@@

Quote from: Smellyball on December 12, 2021, 03:15:12 PM
Ger Canning is nothing but a dose, I can't bear to watch a game he is commentating on.  Every second sentence is "back once again" or "back once more", constant use of stupid words like, impishly, niftly, latitude.
Should have been retired in the 90's.
Canning is a dose alright, unless it's The Munster Hurling Championship, he really shouldn't be commentating. He looks down his nose at every other championship, a right prude.

As for Russell, he's tough to listen to, but not as bad as canning.

The only RTE commentator half decent is Darragh Moloney, can make a poor game half entertaining.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

redsetanta

All about personal choice. I wouldn't be a big fan of Maloney, not mad about the sound of his voice. Maybe it's too much fittest family. I think some of the Radio 1 commentators are much better. I like Adrian Eames and Pauric Lodge.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi