Laois Senior Football Championship 2021

Started by SCFC, August 29, 2021, 11:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Give and Go

Quote from: High Fielder on October 02, 2021, 01:35:35 PM
The reason lads get off is because there is inconsistency. Lads come armed with videos and other evidence. Lads found guilty of openly fighting should be banned for the next game. The two week turnaround if anything should be a help here, but no it seems. We're in a proper state as a county because the CB trip themselves up at every turn. Still, it's nice to see one or two of their representatives and friends coming out to bat for them 😄.

Surely videos and evidence are legitimate defence? If a video or evidence exonerates someone isn't that a good thing? Is it not preferable to right a wrong not allow it stand?

I think I know what you mean but it isn't the evidence that is the problem; it is the disciplinary process that needs fixing.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Spiritof86 on October 03, 2021, 09:17:59 AM
Clonaslee should have won last night . Will be kicking themselves today . Overall the better team and missed a host of opportunities

Quote from: Robbo on October 02, 2021, 11:38:09 PM
Clonaslee were the better team tonight IMHO.

There's no doubt we used our get out of jail card last night alright but I think we possibly deserved to edge it. We weren't too bad at missing chances ourselves - we really could or should have had two more goals! Given we were down one through suspension and lost two of the starting team in the warm up, we'll take the result and move on.
But, yeah, no doubt, Clonaslee were excellent. A credit to Conor Gorman and whoever else is behind it. They've some grand young players and play plenty of decent football. Like ourselves, tons of mistakes too.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

High Fielder

No issue with anyone defending themselves. The problem here is when one lad is witnessed or recorded doing something, and is subsequently exonerated, it opens the floodgates. In truth, nearly everyone bar the obvious two or three could say they were trying to prevent a row in that game. The obvious two or three will just appeal until it falls off the page or the ban is imposed when the games don't matter. If one player in particular is allowed to play today, it will make a mockery of the whole process and basically declare open season on the pitch.

High Fielder

The blessed loophole. Relegation is a different competition seemingly and therefore suspensions don't count. The CB playing next goal wins with Laois GAA. No wonder they can't find a decent coach for our Senior team. Come back Eddie Brennan. Turns out you were right all along.

Give and Go

Quote from: High Fielder on October 03, 2021, 11:29:28 AM
The blessed loophole. Relegation is a different competition seemingly and therefore suspensions don't count. The CB playing next goal wins with Laois GAA. No wonder they can't find a decent coach for our Senior team. Come back Eddie Brennan. Turns out you were right all along.

100% agree with you about relegation. I don't think this is CB fault though - I think this is a Official Guide problem. Its daft that it is considered a separate competition!

Saint 1963

What happens if AK get relegated? Will suspensions be on ice until they return to senior status?
Of course it's not just a Laois problem. The farce that allowed a Cork player to play in the Camogie final just illustrates the problem nationally!

Helix.

Quote from: Saint 1963 on October 03, 2021, 02:58:39 PM
What happens if AK get relegated? Will suspensions be on ice until they return to senior status?
Of course it's not just a Laois problem. The farce that allowed a Cork player to play in the Camogie final just illustrates the problem nationally!
Kileen safe for another year. The Heath Ballylinan relegation final.

Spiritof86

In the stand today listening to people going on about Sean Moore in with the County . Lovely footballer and has all the attributes and I'm pretty sure has been in the setup before . Huge difference between a relegation play in Laois and inter county level .
Sincerely hopes he's another chance to prove himself with the county but Jaysus a bit of perspective is needed .

High Fielder

Himself and Gary Walsh are probably among the two most prolific forwards in the county. Some have had repeated chances and offer very little. A bit of perspective for you

Chrimtain

Would love to see Sean Moore given and taking another opportunity with Lsois.

Smellyball

Quote from: Spiritof86 on October 03, 2021, 06:50:23 PM
In the stand today listening to people going on about Sean Moore in with the County . Lovely footballer and has all the attributes and I'm pretty sure has been in the setup before . Huge difference between a relegation play in Laois and inter county level .
Sincerely hopes he's another chance to prove himself with the county but Jaysus a bit of perspective is needed .

Strange post. It seemed to start dismissive of the idea of him with the county, but finished with you saying you hope he gets a go with them.
As for the perspective, it's still a senior competition. He scored 2-8 today, I seem to remember David Clifford scoring 1-8 in a junior championship last week, is that an indicator that Clifford's not up to it?

Spiritof86

😂😁 not at all . Your comparing Clifford to Moore and the respective grade they are both competing in . ?
My point being and apologies if I'm been too vague is that Moore was in before with the county and was physically not up to it . He deserves another chance without doubt . He's a lovely footballer .
Read the post thoroughly before jumping to conclusions maybe .

Smellyball

Quote from: Spiritof86 on October 03, 2021, 07:58:08 PM
😂😁 not at all . Your comparing Clifford to Moore and the respective grade they are both competing in . ?
My point being and apologies if I'm been too vague is that Moore was in before with the county and was physically not up to it . He deserves another chance without doubt . He's a lovely footballer .
Read the post thoroughly before jumping to conclusions maybe .
I read your post 3 Times and still wasn't sure what point you were making.
Your comment about it only being a relegation game coupled with you saying perspective was needed, implied he's not up to county standard. That's why I felt the need to point out one of the most talked about footballers in the country plays at junior club level.

Spiritof86

Junior level in Kerry is a lot different than elsewhere . Anyway well ballyfin today. Thoroughly deserved

Smellyball

Quote from: Smellyball on September 30, 2021, 02:11:53 PM
Courtwood by 6, Emo by 5, Stradbally by 1 and Portlaoise by 4

Ballyfin by 3 , Ballylinan by 2.

A lot of tough games to call but thats how they're gonna pan out... you heard it here first folks !!!!😉😉😉

I'll just point out I'm 14/14 on my predictions posted here. I posted that I'd go against Ballylinan if Walsh wasn't playing (I originally thought he was fit)
HU DA MAN !!!!!! 😇😇😇