Laois Senior Football Championship 2021

Started by SCFC, August 29, 2021, 11:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

Great work Smelly. I hope you're turning your predictions into cash.

Any truth in the rumour that Gerry Hutch has been asked if he fancies the Laois job

Smellyball

Unfortunately Courtwood needing extra time lost my bet for me.

Nah Hutch said he gets less abuse for his current job than he would with the Laois gig.

Blow-in

Anyon hit with a suspension ended up playing today where would you see it? By the Laois Today blog it seems Killeen all won the appeals. A row makes national headlines which has now been brushed under the carpet.

High Fielder

People are getting fed up of it Batman. It shows in the attendances. Poor turnout today, but hardly surprising. About as unsurprising as the lack of action taken over the row.

town1980

Silkyskillssunshinee

Laois SFC Quarter-Final Draw

Ballyroan v Courtwood

O'Dempseys v Portlaoise

Graiguecullen v Emo

Portarlington v Stradbally

You'd imagine Port and Graigue are definitely going through to semi's and comfortably so. Ballyroan are better defensively than Courtwood and I think they'll take them. Portlaoise and O'Dempseys probably the toughest of the lot to call. I think the extra game will serve Portlaoise well and they might edge it.

town1980

Courtwood
Portlaoise
Graigue
Port
All predictions for me

Spiritof86

Ballyroan
O'Dempseys
Graigue
Port

If Walsh is half fit for the Heath match Ballylinan will  win .
When was the last time The Heath were relegated to Intermediate ?

Smellyball

Quote from: Spiritof86 on October 03, 2021, 10:55:21 PM
Ballyroan
O'Dempseys
Graigue
Port

They won the intermediate in 1986, pretty sure they've been senior ever since.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Smellyball on October 04, 2021, 04:33:47 AM
Ballyroan
O'Dempseys
Graigue
Port

That was their second team. They've been senior a lot longer than that.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Spiritof86

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on October 04, 2021, 08:03:11 AM
Quote from: Smellyball on October 04, 2021, 04:33:47 AM
Ballyroan
O'Dempseys
Graigue
Port

That was their second team. They've been senior a lot longer than that.

That's correct alright . Last time they won intermediate before that was 1953 . Long time been senior if so .

Ballybrittas Boy

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on October 03, 2021, 10:24:00 PM

Ballyroan v Courtwood

O'Dempseys v Portlaoise

Graiguecullen v Emo

You'd imagine Port and Graigue are definitely going through to semi's and comfortably so. Ballyroan are better defensively than Courtwood and I think they'll take them. Portlaoise and O'Dempseys probably the toughest of the lot to call. I think the extra game will serve Portlaoise well and they might edge it.

Courtwood, Emo, O'Dempseys and Port all kept apart in the draw. Be some craic in this neck of the woods if all 4 managed to reach the semi finals ;D
Most likely though that just Port will go through. I expect Portlaoise, Graigue and Ballyroan Abbey to win.

BallyroanAbu

Spiritof86

The won Intermediate in 73 so before that some time .

Robbo

Ballyroan v Courtwood

O'Dempseys v Portlaoise

Graiguecullen v Emo

Saturday:
I like Stradbally but I just think Port have a little too much about them. They don't have many weaknesses and I think they can hurt Stradbally whether they play defensively or go for it.

Emo are at their best when they go for it. They'll probably have Paul Lawlor back this week but I think they'd be nearly better playing with more speed in their forward line. Keep Paul as an option off the bench.
Graigue can mix it nicely. I think I rate them more than most and I think they'll win this one.

Sunday:
These are the games I'm going to make.

I fancy Ballyroan to outscore Courtwood. Two good teams and both have a nice mix of players at both end of the pitch but I feel like Ballyroan have the edge in the full-forward line. Don't think Niall Donoher has been at his best this year but if he can get on a lot of ball and start pulling the strings then my prediction could be shattered. As it is, I think Ballyroan will just about have enough.

The longer Portlaoise stay in the championship the better they should get. Ballyfin let them off the hook and they weren't great against Joe's. I do rate O'Dempseys but I think they could be a little too open which might suit Portlaoise's runners from midfield. Reckon there's a big game in Kieran Lillis and he might be the difference.