Laois Senior Hurling Championship 2021

Started by SCFC, August 29, 2021, 11:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippmaninlaois

Quote from: Zooming around on December 21, 2021, 01:11:45 PM
Quote from: Laois man on December 21, 2021, 12:45:30 PM
Great year for Cbolla but folks they got a serious trimming Sunday unfortunately I think the biggest beating every in a leinster club final. They standard of kkenny club hurling and Laois club hurling is miles apart wheather we like it or not.

The Shamrocks look to be exceptional.

I'd fancy any of our top clubs to compete with the rest of the Kilkenny clubs.

Completely delusional even laughable comment

For the Last 20 odd years the Kilkenny coupled with the Galway Championships have been the 2 highest quality Senior Hurling Club Championships in the Country

Ballacolla got an absolute whipping in the leinster final breaking the 1991 record set by Birr v Ballyhale.

As a line of Form

Ballyhale beat Ballacolla by 27 points

in the Kk championship

They beat OLG by 4 Points in the Final

In the Semi Final James Stephens by 6 points

in the quarter final Bennetsbridge by 9 points

Are lads seriously thinking that either Ballacolla or Borris  Kilcotton would break into the top 8-10 Senior clubs in Kilkenny?

as for the remainder of laois senior clubs they would be very lucky if any of them were to survive the intermediate grade.

Zooming around

Quote from: tippmaninlaois on December 22, 2021, 05:31:48 PM
Great year for Cbolla but folks they got a serious trimming Sunday unfortunately I think the biggest beating every in a leinster club final. They standard of kkenny club hurling and Laois club hurling is miles apart wheather we like it or not.

For the Last 20 odd years the Kilkenny coupled with the Galway Championships have been the 2 highest quality Senior Hurling Club Championships in the Country

Ballacolla got an absolute whipping in the leinster final breaking the 1991 record set by Birr v Ballyhale.

As a line of Form

in the Kk championship

Are lads seriously thinking that either Ballacolla or Borris  Kilcotton would break into the top 8-10 Senior clubs in Kilkenny?

as for the remainder of laois senior clubs they would be very lucky if any of them were to survive the intermediate grade.

The Shamrocks skew everything. You conveniently left out that they beat Tullaroan (semi Finalists) by about 30 points and beat a very good Dicksboro team in last years final by 20.

I'd be pretty sure that Ballacolla or Borris could beat Erins Own or The Rower Inistioge or Lisdowney or Clara or Graigue Ballycallan.

A better line of form would be how close Ballinakill (without Cha) got to Glenmore. Glenmore won the KK intermediate and therefore could conceivably be considered top ten in Kilkenny. Ballinakill are 8th or 9th in Laois.

Laois man

And Naas beat Glenmore by a nice bit in the leinster intermediate Sfinal by all accounts glenmore and the kilkenny intermediate cship was poor this year. I just offer wonder would we in laois be better off to go back to a junior/intermediate and senior Cship for get this Senior B thing. Maybe have ten senior teams then a very strong intermediate and junior grades could only be good for the game what do people think? And maybe who ever goes up senior gets 2 years up there to find the level of senior hurling. It would take a bit of work but it's do able.

tippmaninlaois

Quote from: Zooming around on December 22, 2021, 05:53:08 PM

As a line of Form

in the Kk championship

The Shamrocks skew everything. You conveniently left out that they beat Tullaroan (semi Finalists) by about 30 points and beat a very good Dicksboro team in last years final by 20.

I'd be pretty sure that Ballacolla or Borris could beat Erins Own or The Rower Inistioge or Lisdowney or Clara or Graigue Ballycallan.

A better line of form would be how close Ballinakill (without Cha) got to Glenmore. Glenmore won the KK intermediate and therefore could conceivably be considered top ten in Kilkenny. Ballinakill are 8th or 9th in Laois.

The 9th best team in laois "got close" to the 13th best team in Kilkenny

That the problem here ye confuse moral victories with actual victories

Zooming around

Quote from: tippmaninlaois on December 22, 2021, 06:42:46 PM
Quote from: Zooming around on December 22, 2021, 05:53:08 PM

As a line of Form

in the Kk championship

The 9th best team in laois "got close" to the 13th best team in Kilkenny

That the problem here ye confuse moral victories with actual victories

No. Nobody mentioned anything about moral victories.

I used that example to blow your "Are lads seriously thinking that either Ballacolla or Borris  Kilcotton would break into the top 8-10 Senior clubs in Kilkenny?" comment out of the water and expose it for the bullshit that it is. Ballacolla and Borris would compete well with most senior teams in Kilkenny (outside of the shamrocks and O'Loughlin Gaels).

tippmaninlaois

Aye

"Compete well"

I noticed you said

not beat

The reality is that as I said Ballacolla and Borris previously would be in a relegation battle every year in the KK senior championship.

The rest of laois senior teams would be facing the same in the kk intermediate championship

A laois club gets to a Leinster first time in 20 years and ye lads lose all perspective on things

Remind me again how many times laois intermediate and junior teams get to and win those Leinster titles versus Kk teams

Never mind all ireland wins

The reality also is Ballyhale last Sunday would beat Laois and there's no guarantee they will win the club all ireland.

Zooming around

Quote from: tippmaninlaois on December 23, 2021, 11:32:36 AM
Aye

"Compete well"

I noticed you said

not beat

The reality is that as I said Ballacolla and Borris previously would be in a relegation battle every year in the KK senior championship.

The rest of laois senior teams would be facing the same in the kk intermediate championship

A laois club gets to a Leinster first time in 20 years and ye lads lose all perspective on things

Remind me again how many times laois intermediate and junior teams get to and win those Leinster titles versus Kk teams

The reality also is Ballyhale last Sunday would beat Laois and there's no guarantee they will win the club all ireland.

"Compete well" means win some lose some. Hence the word compete ie the result is not known in advance. The Ballinakill result showed that our 2nd tier champions can compete well with the Kilkenny 2nd tier champions so to say that Borris and Ballacolla would be in a relegation battle every year or that the rest of our senior clubs would be in an intermediate relegation battle is way off the mark and laughable.

tippmaninlaois

Quote from: Zooming around on December 23, 2021, 11:40:16 AM
Quote from: tippmaninlaois on December 23, 2021, 11:32:36 AM
Aye

"Compete well"

I noticed you said

not beat

"Compete well" means win some lose some. Hence the word compete ie the result is not known in advance. The Ballinakill result showed that our 2nd tier champions can compete well with the Kilkenny 2nd tier champions so to say that Borris and Ballacolla would be in a relegation battle every year or that the rest of our senior clubs would be in an intermediate relegation battle is way off the mark and laughable.

Ballinakill the 9th best team in laois couldn't beat Glenmore the 13th best team in Kilkenny this year

That's the reality

Plain and Simple

Tell me this

How many times have kilkenny and laois clubs played each other in junior intermediate and senior Leinster club championships down the years ?

How many times have Laois clubs won out of that total

Maybe we should do similar with Offaly,Wexford,Dublin?

What county have ye a greater win than loss% against?

Even your senior clubs record against other county's senior club representatives have been laughable since the turn of the century.

If the laois senior club championship was in any way comparable to the kilkenny one,laois clubs would be winning Leinster championships

Not appearing in one in 20 years and then setting all sorts of unwanted records

Zooming around

You're all over the place.

You started off by belittling our two best teams. I dismantled that argument so you're now gone back to trawling through 20 years + of records. Make up your mind. which is it?

Robbo

Hard luck to ballacolla. I was in Croke park on saturdag but couldn't swing getting away twice.

Lot to be proud of thos year.
I like many didn't think they'd win 1 let along 2 finals but they had some great performances. Rathdowney, Borris and crokws games were serious and fair play to them.

No shame in losing to that shamrocks team.
Nice day, fast pitch and serious forwards. Tough way to end the year. But they brought lots of positivity to laois hurling over the last few weeks.

Hopefully they keep up a big laois turnout.

tippmaninlaois

Quote from: Zooming around on December 23, 2021, 01:59:16 PM

You started off by belittling our two best teams. I dismantled that argument so you're now gone back to trawling through 20 years + of records. Make up your mind. which is it?

Your a delusional fool

Get back to me when a laois club beats a Kilkenny club at senior intermediate or junior club level in Leinster.

You seem to labour under the impression that the Laois championship is anyway comparable to the Kilkenny one

Leinster club wins speak otherwise

Zooming around

Quote from: tippmaninlaois on December 23, 2021, 07:01:51 PM

Your a delusional fool

Get back to me when a laois club beats a Kilkenny club at senior intermediate or junior club level in Leinster.

You seem to labour under the impression that the Laois championship is anyway comparable to the Kilkenny one

I seem???? Don't make assumptions. They make an ass out of you and me. Although, you have managed the first half of that all on your own.

You're now gone on to make yet another separate claim. I suppose we should be thankful that you've accepted that your original claims where you belittled CB and BIOK are bullshit.

tippmaninlaois

Quote from: Zooming around on December 29, 2021, 09:22:13 AM

Your a delusional fool

I seem???? Don't make assumptions. They make an ass out of you and me. Although, you have managed the first half of that all on your own.

You're now gone on to make yet another separate claim. I suppose we should be thankful that you've accepted that your original claims where you belittled CB and BIOK are bullshit.

Deflect Deflect Deflect

How many times have laois clubs beaten kilkenny clubs in senior intermediate or junior Leinster club championships?

How many times have kilkenny clubs beaten laois clubs in this 3 competitions

Since the junior and intermediate Leinster club championships were brought in,how many times have laois clubs won it?

We all know what Laois clubs have done in the senior club championships,one Leinster final appearance in 20 years.

Maybe look at the actual facts Son and stop deluding yourself

Zooming around

Quote from: tippmaninlaois on December 29, 2021, 12:06:52 PM
Quote from: Zooming around on December 29, 2021, 09:22:13 AM

Your a delusional fool

Deflect Deflect Deflect

How many times have laois clubs beaten kilkenny clubs in senior intermediate or junior Leinster club championships?

How many times have kilkenny clubs beaten laois clubs in this 3 competitions

Since the junior and intermediate Leinster club championships were brought in,how many times have laois clubs won it?

We all know what Laois clubs have done in the senior club championships,one Leinster final appearance in 20 years.

Maybe look at the actual facts Son and stop deluding yourself

So after endless pontifications which have been dismantled you finally come up with numbers and somehow this makes your original argument where you belittled our two best clubs valid??? I don't think so. How do these numbers mean that CB and BIK would be dragged into relegation in KK. They don't. You are of course correct in that Laois clubs haven't won these competitions or beaten KK clubs along the way but that was not your original point which was way off the mark. Tipp haven't won a club all ireland in God knows how long. Are they deluded too?

Deflection is right!

The PRO

So Rathdowney Errill and Camross would be lucky to survive the intermediate grade in Kilkenny? Hmm....