Laois Senior Hurling Championship 2021

Started by SCFC, August 29, 2021, 11:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbo

Quote from: redsetanta on December 10, 2021, 11:04:28 AM
Ballacolla at 3/1 to beat Crokes with a +4 handicap. Definately worth a flutter.

Best of luck to Ballacolla tomorrow.

Great year for them. Nothing to lose. No pressure. Have a craic at them.

Hopefully Picky and Dunphy can bkth catch fire.

Laois man

ottoman

Quote from: redsetanta on December 10, 2021, 11:14:20 AM
Just for clarity, 3/1 for the win and evens with the handicap.

It will take a Laois type performance from 2019 game against Dublin for CB to get something from this. This is a seriously strong Crokes team, I'm living up in Dublin myself these days and from talking to a few of local GAA lads in the know the talk is this Crokes team are fancying there chances at taken down Ballyhale and going strong for the All Ireland.... hopefully that is in their thoughts tomorrow and they slightly underestimate the CB lads!

Helix.

Quote from: ottoman on December 10, 2021, 11:31:19 PM
Quote from: redsetanta on December 10, 2021, 11:14:20 AM
Just for clarity, 3/1 for the win and evens with the handicap.

It will take a Laois type performance from 2019 game against Dublin for CB to get something from this. This is a seriously strong Crokes team, I'm living up in Dublin myself these days and from talking to a few of local GAA lads in the know the talk is this Crokes team are fancying there chances at taken down Ballyhale and going strong for the All Ireland.... hopefully that is in their thoughts tomorrow and they slightly underestimate the CB lads!

Full forward line for Kilmacud look very dangerous. If Clough Ballacolla manage to contain Ronan Hayes and Considine for as long as possible they'll have a great chance. I see Kilmacud winning by 5-6 points but I hope I'm proved wrong!

blueandwhite1

I give CB a chance. Very balanced side and when on form they can be very good. If it's close in the second half they have a knack of bringing it home. Saw Kilmacud on TV a couple of times and thought they looked about the same standard as our top 4 teams.

Spiritof86

Was at the Dublin final when Crokes beat Na Fianna . They weren't anything special to be honest that day . They conceded 2-25 granted AET and Na Fianna should have put them away .
Can't see Ballacolla conceding as soft goals as the Westmeath champions the last day . Don't think there will be much in it in the end .
Best of luck to C/B

blueandwhite1

Well that was some performance by Clough Ballacolla. Were the better team and had brilliant performances all over the pitch. Hurled like men possessed. The whole county will be behind ye in the final.

Keyser Söze

Great win. Very much deserved. I was wrong.
A big upturn for Clough Ballacolla and Laois teams in a very short space of time.
The Wexford & Dublin champions in consecutive games is great going.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

The Boy Wonder

Clough-Ballacolla did Laois proud this evening - the best of luck to them in Leinster Final.

ottoman

Never as happy to be wrong about a pre match prediction in my life. Huge congrats to CB, I felt they were the better team all over on the night and thoroughly deserved their win. Darren Maher was outstanding on their main man.

G@@

Delighted for C/B tonight - hurled a super brand of hurling and should give the final a good lash of it - wouldn't be surprised to see them win it out either.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

burdizzo

Actually, if they play with that tenacity and skill, I wouldn't be shocked, either. Their first touch was way better than Kilmacud's, and they weren't one bit afraid of the physical stuff, either. Croker might suit Ballyhale a bit better, though.
Still and all, super, super win for them. Well done!

Ogie

Congratulations to all in Clough Ballacolla,
Unbelievable to be heading to Croke Park with your club to hurl a Leinster final.
Great for Laois hurling too to be in the spotlight for the right reasons, & as Declan Laffan said afterwards two of the toughest games they've had was in the semi final and final in Laois.

Good luck for the massive week ahead
I think a lot of Laois hurling people will travel next Sunday.

High Fielder

Great stuff. Congratulations to all involved with the club. Delighted also for the wider hurling community.

Spiritof1915

A serious serious achievement, first team since 2001. To compete with a semi professional outfit like kilmacud in this day age when S & C is just as important as first touch is some going. Hopefully CB have another serious fight left in them.