Laois Senior Hurling Championship 2021

Started by SCFC, August 29, 2021, 11:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ottoman

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on November 08, 2021, 01:39:50 PM
Hopefully C/B go on now and give the Leinster championship a good go as I think they are a well balanced outfit. They would have been disappointed not to get the chance to represent Laois in 2020, so fair play to them for coming back and winning it again. They showed massive guts to come out on top of the last two games against R/E and B/K where their backs were against the wall.

I believe they face Rapparees of Wexford in the opening round. Can't say I know a lot about them but they had a big win in their own county final so I'd imagine they're decent and C/B will have to be at their best.

Laois clubs are due a good run in the Leinster championship. There has not been much to cheer about in it over the last number of years so hopefully CB can curve that in a few weeks. It wont be easy though as Rapparees are a very good outfit!

redsetanta

Willle Hyland is some man still playing, he's been on the go for a long time now. Any reason Corby hasn't come in to the Laois set up? He was a very good minor and Cheddar would know him well.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Robbo

Aidan Corby is on the panel for this year I'm pretty sure.
Think him and David Connolly are midfield additions.

burdizzo

Quote from: ottoman on November 08, 2021, 02:40:03 PM
Hopefully C/B go on now and give the Leinster championship a good go as I think they are a well balanced outfit. They would have been disappointed not to get the chance to represent Laois in 2020, so fair play to them for coming back and winning it again. They showed massive guts to come out on top of the last two games against R/E and B/K where their backs were against the wall.

I believe they face Rapparees of Wexford in the opening round. Can't say I know a lot about them but they had a big win in their own county final so I'd imagine they're decent and C/B will have to be at their best.

Laois clubs are due a good run in the Leinster championship. There has not been much to cheer about in it over the last number of years so hopefully CB can curve that in a few weeks. It wont be easy though as Rapparees are a very good outfit!

I think they're quietly confident, which is certainly a good start. But then, winning two county titles in a few months would give you a certain swagger!

Robbo

Quote from: burdizzo on November 15, 2021, 07:54:47 AM

I think they're quietly confident, which is certainly a good start. But then, winning two county titles in a few months would give you a certain swagger!

A lack of confidence or swagger was never Ballacollas problem.
Winning close games under adversity was. They've cracked that nut with an outsid emanager who seems to have energised their most important forwards.
You'd have to give them a chance against any Leinster team outside of Ballyhale or whoever wins dublin. A chance...but probably still as underdogs the next day.

clonadmad

Quote from: Robbo on November 15, 2021, 03:12:01 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on November 15, 2021, 07:54:47 AM

A lack of confidence or swagger was never Ballacollas problem.
Winning close games under adversity was. They've cracked that nut with an outsid emanager who seems to have energised their most important forwards.
You'd have to give them a chance against any Leinster team outside of Ballyhale or whoever wins dublin. A chance...but probably still as underdogs the next day.

Kilmacud won Dublin on Saturday night

Went to extra time on the Tv on Saturday night

A very lose game of hurling little or no intensity

Laois man

I must of being watching a different game I taught the Dublin County final was a great game. Not to many teams in laois would  test kilmaced.

ottoman

Apparently Wille Dunphy is confirmed as been unavailable for this weekends game, absolute massive loss. I'd fancied CB to cause an upset but not now without Dunphy.

redsetanta

Shite, he'll be a big loss alright.

What has him out?

Game being shown on TG4 as well.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

ottoman

Quote from: redsetanta on November 23, 2021, 03:07:49 PM
Shite, he'll be a big loss alright.

What has him out?

Game being shown on TG4 as well.

Think the game is actually on RTE? Must be a first for a Laois club to be on RTE live!!

Not sure what has him out, had a fella from Clough on site with me yesterday and he was telling me that he's gone.
Big loss to them for the weekend.

Laois man

Best of luck to Cbolla /Ballinakill and Trumrea this weekend in the leinster club Cship 3 tough games.

Ballygowen

Hopefully C/B can get a result, been a good few weeks since raperees played their final, so CB should have a slight advantage that way. Dont think Ballinakill have much of a chance against Glenmore if honest. dont know anything about the team trumera plays.

but heres hoping 3 results for the laois teams

zoner

Trumera will have their work cut out for them against Maynooth. They are really a kildare senior team,  back to back intermediate for them over Naas. The promotion to senior is stupid in kildare,  they got caught in promotion game a few days after celebrating 2020 win. Tadgh Forde, cathal mccabe  and David Qualter are the main men to be minding. 

Keyser Söze

Clough Ballacolla have a decent chance you know!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

burdizzo

Quote from: zoner on November 27, 2021, 03:38:15 PM
Trumera will have their work cut out for them against Maynooth. They are really a kildare senior team,  back to back intermediate for them over Naas. The promotion to senior is stupid in kildare,  they got caught in promotion game a few days after celebrating 2020 win. Tadgh Forde, cathal mccabe  and David Qualter are the main men to be minding.

That game was postponed for some reason.