Laois Senior Hurling Championship 2021

Started by SCFC, August 29, 2021, 11:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

Quote from: Robbo on September 14, 2021, 01:39:16 PM
Colt-Shanahoe likely to go down. Be interesting to see if the amalgamation could withstand that.

To break up would be suicidal for both clubs.

Robbo

Quote from: burdizzo on September 14, 2021, 02:02:38 PM
Quote from: Robbo on September 14, 2021, 01:39:16 PM
Colt-Shanahoe likely to go down. Be interesting to see if the amalgamation could withstand that.

To break up would be suicidal for both clubs.

Perhaps but things don't seem great there.
A mid-Laois area team is something that needs to be considered.

Ogie

Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 29, 2021, 11:25:31 PM
I just read the report of their second team's game. Jesus that is an old team. There must be a large number of young lads hurling junior?

Dooley is tied up currently. He is hardly tied up on a permanent contract or for 12 months of the year at this stage? Or perhaps he is?

Borris Kilcotton done good work, getting lads to tog out and beat Clonad Intermediate to spare their Junior team to win they county final,
Will prob make the intermediate final now too, Ballacolla look to be well ahead of the pack & unlikely to lose anymore.

Rosenallis have to be dead certs to go down, very poor on Sunday didn't look like the wanted to be there, Ballacolla flying it at the moment but bigger tests to come,
Semi finals are still going to be the big 4, Ballacolla, Rathdowney Errill, Borris Kilcotton & Camross will beat Abbeyleix and re group.

County panel back on a gym programme since last Monday night.

Laois man

Laois man

Ogie

Camross, Borris Kilcotton, The Harps & Ballacolla with wins this weekend is by guesses!

Laois man

Very hard to call Aleix v Camross and Borris/kcotton vRdowney/Errill. Cbolla will beat Ctown but maybe not by as much as people think. Rosenallis have to perform or else there gone.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Camross to beat Abbeyleix by 2
Rathdowney-Errill to beat Borris-Kilcotton by 3
Clough-Ballacolla by 14 over Castletown
The Harps by 8 over Rosenallis

burdizzo

I dunno - I think Abbeyleix might beat Camross, and that R/E will beat B/K by a good bit.

Robbo

RE without Ross King weakens them to be fair.

I think BK will be more up for it with a point to prove.

Ballacolla will beat Castletown but hopefully it's tight for at least a half. And I think it will be.

I think The Harps could hammer Rosenallis and other game is too hard to call.

Anyone any thoughts on the Premier Intermediate?
Ballyfin, RE, Ballinakill and Slieve Bloom all with a win each.
I think Ballyfin will beat RE and Ballinakill will beat Slieve Bloom.
That would allow RE through in 3rd place with Ballyfin topping the group ahead of Ballinakill on head-to-head.

The other group should see comfortable wins for Portlaoise and Camross with them finishing 1st and 2nd respectively. Clonaslee will take 3rd and Colt/Shanahoe looked doomed already.

Keyser Söze

You'd say that Camross haven't been going well, and that they have played two very good teams and done ok
But so have Abbeyleix.
They are much faster & more mobile at the right end of the field.
I think the weekend will start with a "shock".
Abbeyleix by 5.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Spiritof86

Camross looked a different team last night than the previous 2 . Fitness and tactical prowess got them through which were lacking for the first two games .

Robbo

I think Borris will win tonight in a bit of a shock.

Robbo

Quote from: Robbo on September 24, 2021, 06:17:54 PM
I think Borris will win tonight in a bit of a shock.

And to add that it shouldn't really be a shock. They beat Rathdowney Errill last year.

Spiritof86

Excellent call . Borris/K to me are now favourites to me . Hit some
Serious wides nearing 20 but final quarter Never missed a thing.  Decent crowd for a Friday evening