The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

Blow-in

A challenge match for the tipp development squad who will make up the panel numbers 32 to 40 for training.

georgedoylesrightleg

only eihgt of them, no wunder we won

Laois man

Any updates on management for our Senior and Senior B club teams for the year ahead?

Galtee1

Borris & Ossory have appointed Paudie Bourke and Shane Scully from Jk Bracken Templemore.

burdizzo

Quote from: Galtee1 on December 14, 2023, 02:45:47 PMBorris & Ossory have appointed Paudie Bourke and Shane Scully from Jk Bracken Templemore.

What about Kilcotton?! I'm joking; but I had heard a rumour (which I didn't believe) that Kilcotton were going on their own and that Borris were joining with Kyle!!

Blow-in

Quote from: Galtee1 on December 14, 2023, 02:45:47 PMBorris & Ossory have appointed Paudie Bourke and Shane Scully from Jk Bracken Templemore.

A shrewd appointment by B/K by all accounts. They come with good reviews as an upcoming management team.

Ogie

Was lucky enough to be at a Laois Hurling academy parents morning last Saturday,
Presentations from Shane Keegan and managers of each
County 16 & 15s squads continuing their gym work from last year, panels finalised with plenty of new lads on board which is great see it's not a closed shop, struggling to attract / finalise management teams

U14s trial process finished and panel picked,
excellent presentation and management team

Football trials just concluded last weekend also, panels tbc

New games manager bringing good energy around the squads good to see

redsetanta

That's great to hear Ogie.

Usually it's about the lack of organisation and apathy when it comes to underage groups.

Shane Keegan seems to be making a difference.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Spiritof1915

Shane keegan is the right man for the job and hopefully gets everything he needs from the county board.
My only concern is that he commits to the job for the foreseeable future. Its will take several years to get the underage squads moving again.

ottoman

Quote from: Spiritof1915 on December 19, 2023, 06:00:27 PMShane keegan is the right man for the job and hopefully gets everything he needs from the county board.
My only concern is that he commits to the job for the foreseeable future. Its will take several years to get the underage squads moving again.

Shane is a smart, shrew operator who if given time and support will implement a top class system. My main concern would be, will he get the time and support from those at the upper level?

I've dealt with Shane on a few items through work and team related issues down through the years, and he doesn't strike me a someone who will be taking for a fool. So I'd imagine if things are moving along to his liking, he might move on elsewhere.

georgedoylesrightleg

anywan here wunderin bout shane need to call him n get in n support him. hes pushin hte stone up de hte hill, help him