The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G@@

Quote from: Laois man on May 09, 2022, 02:08:57 PM
Home leinster final next Monday night great news. County board should try encourage all clubs to bring there juvenile teams to it for support and show the juvenile teams they can be there down the line. Surely we could do some deal on tickets for the underage teams.

All U16s free, €15 otherwise - no concessions for students/OAPs. Online sales only: https://www.universe.com/events/electric-ireland-leinster-mhc-final-2022-laois-v-offaly-tickets-XGWL5Q

Quote from: clonadmad on May 09, 2022, 03:48:27 PM
Couldn't agree more

There's a full program of u13 hurling and u17 hurling games for next Monday night

They should be all rescheduled and a plan put in place now to get every juvenile in the county into OMP next Monday nigh

Yes, those U13 games should be rescheduled, I'd imagine the U17 games are a given to be rescheduled anyways?
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

G@@

"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Laois man

Should be only one game on next Monday night and that's in O Moore Park.

clonadmad

Quote from: G@@ on May 09, 2022, 04:56:36 PM
Quote from: Laois man on May 09, 2022, 02:08:57 PM
Home leinster final next Monday night great news. County board should try encourage all clubs to bring there juvenile teams to it for support and show the juvenile teams they can be there down the line. Surely we could do some deal on tickets for the underage teams.

All U16s free, €15 otherwise - no concessions for students/OAPs. Online sales only: https://www.universe.com/events/electric-ireland-leinster-mhc-final-2022-laois-v-offaly-tickets-XGWL5Q

Quote from: clonadmad on May 09, 2022, 03:48:27 PM
Couldn't agree more

There's a full program of u13 hurling and u17 hurling games for next Monday night

They should be all rescheduled and a plan put in place now to get every juvenile in the county into OMP next Monday nigh

Yes, those U13 games should be rescheduled, I'd imagine the U17 games are a given to be rescheduled anyways?

they are u17 football but you would hope they would be

Laois Rising

Winning a provincial title at home against our near neighbours in front of a large passionate Laois support having already beaten Wexford and Kilkenny in the earlier rounds. It's the stuff of fairytales for Laois hurling.

However, this Offaly team dismantled a strong Dubin team in their semi-final. They seemed to have upped a few gears since they beat us earlier in the year. Granted we have done the same. It should be a right battle on Monday night. Hopefully the Laois lads can play to their potential on the night. 

burdizzo

Yes, hopefully, indeed. Should be a great occasion. Offaly will be favourites, I reckon - they beat Dublin well after starting poorly, and Dublin beat Kilkenny by a point earlier on. I know form at this level isn't all that reliable, but this Offaly team has been touted as a strong one from quite far out, whereas I think our lads have come in under the radar, somewhat.
In any case, best of luck to them!

Helix.

Being underdogs has suited them so far vs Wexford and Kilkenny. A home support and play to their potential and have a great chance. Positive signs and hopefully becomes more of a regular occurrence going forward getting to finals. A nice few from previous Laois minor finalists went on to reach senior level. Hopefully more of the same with this lot. 

Watched back highlights of both semi finals on TG4 Adam Screeney from Offaly corner forward very talented hurler 2-3 from play.

Spiritof1915

In the region of 160 u10s present for the first night of new Setanta programme. Well done to all involved. Absolutely fabulous initiative

clonadmad

Quote from: Spiritof1915 on May 12, 2022, 10:04:36 AM
In the region of 160 u10s present for the first night of new Setanta programme. Well done to all involved. Absolutely fabulous initiative

That's Brilliant

It's a pity it can't be extended all the way up to u15

Well done to al the coach's involved who have lit a candle rather than curse the dark

Jd

From what I hear this years setanta is u10 next year is u10 and 11 the following u10 11 and 12 and so on until they are in development squads teaching basic skills at first and improvinv on them all the way up. Will take a while but should lead to a good supply of kids coming through in the future

marty34

Quote from: Spiritof1915 on May 12, 2022, 10:04:36 AM

What way for the Setanta programme work?

Is it football and hurling?

Laois man

What's coaches are involved?

Spiritof1915

Setanta is a hurling programme for the time being. Not sure is football being considered. It was the initiative of Brendan Phelan that got the ball rolling. The county gdos involved but the sucees of it depends on the hurling clubs sending in qualified coaches to cater for the large numbers.  Wednesday albeit the first night was an overwhelming success in the uptake from kids and coaches alike.

redsetanta

Anyone know how the ticket sales are going for the final tonight?

I assume they are expecting a big crowd.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Laois man

They better have a few more turn stiles opened up tonight last 2 game the was a queue and feck all stiles opened.