The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

And try and make a big deal of the final. It's a pity the profile of the minor championship has slipped a bit.

Giovanni

Having the final on a Monday evening probably doesn't help the profile very much.

BobbyBoucherJr

Quote from: mcwregor on May 07, 2022, 10:34:37 PM
While we can admire these young men and hope they will become senior co hurlers some day, NOW is the time to start driving all other areas of hurling development in the county. Development squads need more, setanta programme must be supported, financed and expanded, secondary schools need assistance, a new juvenile hurling club in portlaoise is needed, more GPO's in clubs, portarlington hurling progress must continue etc etc etc

Don't think a new hurling club is needed, the hurling clubs already picking players out of portlaoise just need more support and work in the schools. I doubt Clonad would be happy if a new hurling club was set up in portlaoise.

G@@

Quote from: Giovanni on May 07, 2022, 11:28:23 PM
Having the final on a Monday evening probably doesn't help the profile very much.

To be honest I think it's better, many folks would have planned their weekend days well ahead and not at all factored in a Leinster Minor Hurling Final featuring Laois. A few folk I know who wouldn't be known for going to matches very much are going to the final because the day and time is convenient for them.

"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

redsetanta

Brilliant win.

Read somewhere that TG4 will be showing the game.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Laois man

Any update on when there are tossing coin for the venue?

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

G@@

Think it's tonight the coin toss is
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Laois man

clonadmad

Laois v Offaly

Tipperary v Clare

Galway and the 2 provincial losers play a round robin to decide top 2 who then go into an all ireland semifinal

The lads have a minimum of 3 more games to look forward to

Giovanni

Quote from: G@@ on May 08, 2022, 08:18:25 PM
Quote from: Giovanni on May 07, 2022, 11:28:23 PM

To be honest I think it's better, many folks would have planned their weekend days well ahead and not at all factored in a Leinster Minor Hurling Final featuring Laois. A few folk I know who wouldn't be known for going to matches very much are going to the final because the day and time is convenient for them.

That's great if it turns out like that. It's not the best for people like me who live outside the county,  trying to get to midweek matches shortly after work. Anyway, I hope as many people as possible will travel to support them!

Joeythelips

Laois man

Home leinster final next Monday night great news. County board should try encourage all clubs to bring there juvenile teams to it for support and show the juvenile teams they can be there down the line. Surely we could do some deal on tickets for the underage teams.

marty34

Is Derek Mc Grath still 'helping out'?

clonadmad

Quote from: Laois man on May 09, 2022, 02:08:57 PM
Home leinster final next Monday night great news. County board should try encourage all clubs to bring there juvenile teams to it for support and show the juvenile teams they can be there down the line. Surely we could do some deal on tickets for the underage teams.

Couldn't agree more

There's a full program of u13 hurling and u17 hurling games for next Monday night

They should be all rescheduled and a plan put in place now to get every juvenile in the county into OMP next Monday night