The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Jd on March 12, 2022, 02:37:33 PM
Yes I'd agree that the amalgamation must be a long term one Stradbally parish gaels are 3 clubs joined for 30 years and St Pauls could be up to 50 and both seem to get on well. Amalgamations should be sensible (parish or adjoining clubs) and have a minimum term of time possibly 10 years which allows clubs to exist yet develop players at underage for the future
It might well be the guts of 50 years since St Paul's began but there was a period in the 90's when both clubs had their own underage and minor teams.
Similarly, Stradbally have left Annanough and Timahoe to their own devices a couple of different times.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Laois man

Any where I can follow laois U20 hurling game v offaly that's on now??

burdizzo

It's on the Clg Laois Facebook page. Laois winning 0-9 to 0-6 at half-time.

Laois man

Thanks. Just gave htime score but no up to date scores.

burdizzo

Yeah, well, looks like Leix lost again. 1-13 to 0-13 in the wind up. Typical. The u20s were supposed to be good, and all. I don't think we've 'ere a good underage hurling team on the horizon at this point.

Laois man

Any link to watch laois U20s hurlers today?

G@@

Good result V Antrim today, could have buried in a few more goals too.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

town1980

clonadmad

mcwregor

Bit of hope for the u20s. Look to be missing a few key players though that they will need. Fionan Mahony, Mossy Keyes, Ciaran Burke and Cathal Murphy are important players all of which started in last years championship. They are physical players too, we look a bit lightweight without them and we will need that against the bigger challenges to come. Keyes was an unused sub so hopefully he is working his way back in. None of the other 3 were on the 26. Anyone know of their progress?

clonadmad

Quote from: mcwregor on April 04, 2022, 09:16:45 PM
Bit of hope for the u20s. Look to be missing a few key players though that they will need. Fionan Mahony, Mossy Keyes, Ciaran Burke and Cathal Murphy are important players all of which started in last years championship. They are physical players too, we look a bit lightweight without them and we will need that against the bigger challenges to come. Keyes was an unused sub so hopefully he is working his way back in. None of the other 3 were on the 26. Anyone know of their progress?

Burke is out again

He's had an awful run of injuries in fairness to him

Home Boys Home

Fionán Mahony broke his foot in training the week before the Antrim match so he is out. Mossy Keyes dislocated his shoulder a few weeks ago but is on the way back, don't know if he will be available for Kildare match, hopefully if they get over that he will be available for quarter final. Pretty sure Ciaran Burke opted out a while ago to concentrate on football. Cathal Murphy not sure but I think he had a hamstring problem, he has been out a few weeks now,  and as he wasn't in the match day squad for Antrim it's probably unlikely he is available for this Saturday.

Kildare in Newbridge will be a tough match, they beat Wexford there last year if I remember correctly.

It's a pity the above injuries have undermined this team a bit. You are 100% correct above on the physicality especially as all 4 lads would operate in the middle third.

Diarmuid Dooley would also have been a great boost to this team.

Zooming around

Quote from: Home Boys Home on April 05, 2022, 09:54:20 AM

Fionán Mahony broke his foot in training the week before the Antrim match so he is out. Mossy Keyes dislocated his shoulder a few weeks ago but is on the way back, don't know if he will be available for Kildare match, hopefully if they get over that he will be available for quarter final. Pretty sure Ciaran Burke opted out a while ago to concentrate on football. Cathal Murphy not sure but I think he had a hamstring problem, he has been out a few weeks now,  and as he wasn't in the match day squad for Antrim it's probably unlikely he is available for this Saturday.

Kildare in Newbridge will be a tough match, they beat Wexford there last year if I remember correctly.

It's a pity the above injuries have undermined this team a bit. You are 100% correct above on the physicality especially as all 4 lads would operate in the middle third.

David??

Spiritof1915

Quote from: Home Boys Home on April 05, 2022, 09:54:20 AM

Cathal Murphy and mossy keyes should be good to go Saturday. Burke was never part of plans when he opted for laois senior footballers. But unfortunately injured he ankle recently and out for another few weeks. Fionan mahoney will be big loss.
2 big games Saturday. Hopefully we can come out the right side of both