The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiritof1915

Quote from: clonadmad on February 16, 2022, 10:17:56 AM
Quote from: Spiritof1915 on February 16, 2022, 10:02:09 AM
Quote from: Zooming around on February 14, 2022, 09:06:00 AM
Is it true the Minors beat Kilkenny yesterday?
Beaten by about 2 points in the end. I reckon near enough full strength on both sides with the exception of 1 or 2 prominent players. Derek Mc grath very vocal on sideline. Hopefully we have a better performance this year than the calamities of the previous two

Were the Kierans crew involved?

They have one fine corner forward playing with the school who would be probably their best inter county forward also.
They were missing 3 starters I believe not sure of names although they had a son of Brian 'tots' mcevoy at centre forward who looks a good prospect.
Limerick gave kilkenny a serious trimming the week before so talking to a kk connection there not expecting much from their Minors thus year. In fact there's alarm bells ringing down there about the quality they've been producing over the last few years.
Still for laois to be competing with them at any grade is a positive.
I believe laois Minors have beaten wexford and possibly Claire over the last few weeks. Only practice games but still the right practice games to be playing

Laois man

blueandwhite1

For years you would hear of Laois beating KK in practice matches at minor level only to find out later that it was an experimental KK south or something which bore zero resemblance to their championship team that would beat us by 30 points. Hopefully this isn't the case this year but sounds like it is not. We don't need a strong minor team every year but would be good to have one every 2-3 years. 

mcwregor

did the u20s play carlow in the development league at the weekend or was it postponed? When are they playing again? Any word on how the minors are doing?

Laois man

Ye U20s played Carlow Sat won well. I think there playing kildare this weekend at a laois venue. There's a match report from Carlow game on Laois today.

mcwregor

Only see a report for the football on laois today. Throw up the link here if ya wouldn't mind pls

redsetanta

Had a big win over Kildare as well. Playing against either Westmeath or Offaly in the final.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

mcwregor

Good to see the u20s going well. They have a nice team. Missing the likes of duggan, burke, keyes and mahony against kildare too. Leinster will be tough though with some good teams in there.
The minors were hammered by tipp last night which isnt good but i dont have any specifics in terms of who they were missing etc. Think St fergals have a schools final today U16.5

clonadmad

Quote from: mcwregor on March 03, 2022, 08:50:50 AM
Good to see the u20s going well. They have a nice team. Missing the likes of duggan, burke, keyes and mahony against kildare too. Leinster will be tough though with some good teams in there.
The minors were hammered by tipp last night which isnt good but i dont have any specifics in terms of who they were missing etc. Think St fergals have a schools final today U16.5

1.17 to 0.09 it finished

They played Tipps second team, lads that wouldn't be in the matchday 26

A fine facility down there,a lot of money being pumped in by Coolmore,from talking to the locals there last night

mcwregor

So thats our first team against tipps 3rd?? I thought our minor team were handy enough?

clonadmad

Quote from: mcwregor on March 03, 2022, 11:15:32 AM
So thats our first team against tipps 3rd?? I thought our minor team were handy enough?

It was the tipp lads outside of the 26 that played or were involved in their game v Wexford last Sunday,that played against Laois last night,I was told that before throw in

And I dont think Tipp have high hopes for their minors winning an All Ireland this year

Laois were beaten by KK 3 weeks ago by 3 Points

KK were missing the Kierans contingent that day not sure about the KK CBS or Johnstown players

but that KK team had received a walloping off limerick a week before they played Laois

clonadmad

Laois Juvenile Hurling amalgamations 2022

Under 11 Hurling –

o Ballinakill & Ballypickas (plus 2 St Joseph's players & 2 Crettyard players)
o Park Ratheniska Timahoe (plus 1 Ballylinan player ; 1 Arles Killeen player  & 2 Arles Kilcruise players)

Under 13 Hurling –

o Ballinakill & Ballypickas (plus 2 St Joseph's players & 3 Crettyard players)
o Clonad & Trumera
o Mountmellick & Clonaslee St Manmans (plus Kilcavan & The Rock)
o Park Ratheniska Timahoe (plus 2 St Joseph's players & 1 Arles Killeen player)
o St Pauls (Courtwood & Emo)

Under 15 Hurling –

o Ballinakill & Ballypickas (plus 2 St Joseph's players; and 2 Crettyard players )
o Clonad & Trumera
o Mountmellick & Clonaslee St Manmans
o Park Ratheniska Timahoe (plus 3 St Joseph's players & 1 Arles Killeen player)
o Raheen Parish Gaels (Colt-Shanahoe & St Pauls (Courtwood & Emo))
o Rosenallis (plus 1 Kilcavan player)

Under 17 Hurling –

o Ballinakill & Ballypickas
o Na Fianna (Ballyfin, Clonaslee St Manmans, Mountmellick & Slieve Bloom)
o Park Ratheniska Timahoe (plus 3 St Joseph's players)
o Raheen Parish Gaels (Clonad, Colt-Shanahoe, Trumera, Emo & Courtwood)
o Rosenallis (plus 3 Kilcavan players)

mcwregor

Quote from: clonadmad on March 09, 2022, 09:55:54 AM
Laois Juvenile Hurling amalgamations 2022

Under 11 Hurling –

o Ballinakill & Ballypickas (plus 2 St Joseph's players & 2 Crettyard players)
o Park Ratheniska Timahoe (plus 1 Ballylinan player ; 1 Arles Killeen player  & 2 Arles Kilcruise players)

Under 13 Hurling –

o Ballinakill & Ballypickas (plus 2 St Joseph's players & 3 Crettyard players)
o Clonad & Trumera
o Mountmellick & Clonaslee St Manmans (plus Kilcavan & The Rock)
o Park Ratheniska Timahoe (plus 2 St Joseph's players & 1 Arles Killeen player)
o St Pauls (Courtwood & Emo)

Under 15 Hurling –

o Ballinakill & Ballypickas (plus 2 St Joseph's players; and 2 Crettyard players )
o Clonad & Trumera
o Mountmellick & Clonaslee St Manmans
o Park Ratheniska Timahoe (plus 3 St Joseph's players & 1 Arles Killeen player)
o Raheen Parish Gaels (Colt-Shanahoe & St Pauls (Courtwood & Emo))
o Rosenallis (plus 1 Kilcavan player)

Under 17 Hurling –

o Ballinakill & Ballypickas
o Na Fianna (Ballyfin, Clonaslee St Manmans, Mountmellick & Slieve Bloom)
o Park Ratheniska Timahoe (plus 3 St Joseph's players)
o Raheen Parish Gaels (Clonad, Colt-Shanahoe, Trumera, Emo & Courtwood)
o Rosenallis (plus 3 Kilcavan players)

Good interesting post @clonadmad. Are ballyfin stand alone all the way up to minor and then joined with 3 other clubs? Looks like there is an obvious issue
with player drop out in certain areas
Would you have the full list of teams entered in each competition or is that too much to ask?

Laois man

So Trumrea and gone with Clonad this year after having a good year with Mrath last year getting to theU15A final. Why? In the U17 Cship you have Na fianna with 4 Clubs together a catchment area from just outside Mrath over nearly to kinntty and they are probably in the B aswell. Crazy shit and all short term fixes. County board should have a good look at themselves for allowing this to happen.