The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laois man

This Thursday I hear will know the venue later.

redsetanta

Just looking at results there is the SH A semi finals. Kierans and KK CBS beaten. I can't remember when either of these were not in a final.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Laois man

2001 since no kkenny team have being in the Senior School A final.

Laois man

Mountrath CS v Birr Cs in Senior B semi final is fixed for COE plaois this Thursday at 12 noon.

Spiritof1915

Mountrath CS very unlucky against Birr. Very even game but they got fortuitous goals at key times. Lots of talented hurlers on show for Mountrath which hopefully bears well for the future.

tippmaninlaois

Quote from: Spiritof1915 on February 03, 2022, 02:49:24 PM
Mountrath CS very unlucky against Birr. Very even game but they got fortuitous goals at key times. Lots of talented hurlers on show for Mountrath which hopefully bears well for the future.

Will ya stop

Birr had 3 goals chances in the first half that they should have put away and killed it there and then

2 one on one with young O'Reilly,which in fairness to him he saved brilliantly and one they shot inches wide

Mountrath had how many goal chances in the first half?

They did hit 5/6 scorable wides

Lack of pace as in most laois teams and ran out of ideas and puff in the last 20 mins which allowed birr to take over

mountrath1

Everyone are entitled to opinions. That's the reason it's a forum. In terms of the game itself, birr were the better team in the first half creating some good goal chances. You still have to take them and unfortunately they didn't. Brochan o reilly was very much to the fore there.
To say tho mountrath ran out of ideas and steam I think your a small bit off course there.
Il give you a heads up in that area
Mountrath Cs very much dealt a huge blow with the unavailability of Kevin Byrne from centre back and Aaron Phelan who at the start of the year took up an apprenticeship. 2 serious underage County players.
Having to move a young lad like Tom Cuddy (16yrs) into a pivotal position and move a scoring threat like C Mckelvey back into a defensive position takes away a scoring threat. The grade itself is actually u19. Of the age Mountrath had 1, Birr had a few more. Of the starting 15 for mountrath, 8 are still there next year. The junior squad at the moment are still competing in leinster championship (semi final stage)
So to answer your ran out of ideas element. They moved to one up top, to crowding out middle to stop birr running game in 2nd half nullified it to an extent. The goal birr got was fortunate to say the least.. Communication was not efficient at that point to shepherd ball over line, but instead came free and a forward was found loose inside. Prior to this goal, mountrath had 2 poor wides when a draw and a very scorable goal chance.
Overall I'd say it was a very enjoyable game.

tippmaninlaois

Quote from: mountrath1 on February 04, 2022, 08:18:26 AM
Everyone are entitled to opinions. That's the reason it's a forum. In terms of the game itself, birr were the better team in the first half creating some good goal chances. You still have to take them and unfortunately they didn't. Brochan o reilly was very much to the fore there.
To say tho mountrath ran out of ideas and steam I think your a small bit off course there.
Il give you a heads up in that area
Mountrath Cs very much dealt a huge blow with the unavailability of Kevin Byrne from centre back and Aaron Phelan who at the start of the year took up an apprenticeship. 2 serious underage County players.
Having to move a young lad like Tom Cuddy (16yrs) into a pivotal position and move a scoring threat like C Mckelvey back into a defensive position takes away a scoring threat. The grade itself is actually u19. Of the age Mountrath had 1, Birr had a few more. Of the starting 15 for mountrath, 8 are still there next year. The junior squad at the moment are still competing in leinster championship (semi final stage)
So to answer your ran out of ideas element. They moved to one up top, to crowding out middle to stop birr running game in 2nd half nullified it to an extent. The goal birr got was fortunate to say the least.. Communication was not efficient at that point to shepherd ball over line, but instead came free and a forward was found loose inside. Prior to this goal, mountrath had 2 poor wides when a draw and a very scorable goal chance.
Overall I'd say it was a very enjoyable game.

Is the B grade not u19.5?, the same as A schools hurling

Birr had lads out hurt as wel,in case you didn't know

Ye can complain all ye want about injuries,the reality is that ye had very little depth to the overall squad when ye had to bring in an u15

Birr much the better outfit

Laois man

This form is a chat about Laois hurling not about running down laois hurling. I was at the Schools game birr the better team and got goals at the right time. Birr should focus on the final now instead of coming on here running down Mrath Schools hurling. I think offaly hurling has enough problems of there own. And best of luck to birr in the final i hope they win it out and as a gaa I will be attending it👍

tippmaninlaois

Quote from: Laois man on February 04, 2022, 01:38:37 PM
This form is a chat about Laois hurling not about running down laois hurling. I was at the Schools game birr the better team and got goals at the right time. Birr should focus on the final now instead of coming on here running down Mrath Schools hurling. I think offaly hurling has enough problems of there own. And best of luck to birr in the final i hope they win it out and as a gaa I will be attending it👍

Takes the high moral ground about "running down" Laois Hurling and then in the next sentence runs down Offaly hurling with a "they have enough problems of their own jibe"

Remarkable

Laois man

I said offaly has problems where did I run them down.???

Smellyball

Quote from: Laois man on February 04, 2022, 06:51:49 PM
I said offaly has problems where did I run them down.???
Don't bother interacting with him Laois man. That bellend was on a few weeks ago arguing Tipp have a richer recent football tradition than Laois , sure they're flying in the league alright 👍 👌

Zooming around

Is it true the Minors beat Kilkenny yesterday?

Spiritof1915

Quote from: Zooming around on February 14, 2022, 09:06:00 AM
Beaten by about 2 points in the end. I reckon near enough full strength on both sides with the exception of 1 or 2 prominent players. Derek Mc grath very vocal on sideline. Hopefully we have a better performance this year than the calamities of the previous two

clonadmad

Quote from: Spiritof1915 on February 16, 2022, 10:02:09 AM
Quote from: Zooming around on February 14, 2022, 09:06:00 AM
Beaten by about 2 points in the end. I reckon near enough full strength on both sides with the exception of 1 or 2 prominent players. Derek Mc grath very vocal on sideline. Hopefully we have a better performance this year than the calamities of the previous two

Were the Kierans crew involved?

They have one fine corner forward playing with the school who would be probably their best inter county forward also.