The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

Quote from: clonadmad on November 02, 2021, 10:51:18 PM

And yet all their playing lives they've been registered as Mountrath players

No, that's not quite true. However, I know what you mean - they certainly have been for the last few years.

On top of that, Trumera are developing a knack of attracting players that aren't quite 'theirs'.

clonadmad

Quote from: burdizzo on November 02, 2021, 11:09:03 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on November 02, 2021, 10:51:18 PM

And yet all their playing lives they've been registered as Mountrath players

No, that's not quite true. However, I know what you mean - they certainly have been for the last few years.

On top of that, Trumera are developing a knack of attracting players that aren't quite 'theirs'.

And I'm not having a pop at Trumera here

Far from it

There are doing everything in their power to survive and prosper and fair fucks to them for getting out of intermediate this year

But wouldn't they and ever other club in the county be better off if instead of farming lads out

They could train them in their own field,coached by their own mentors and wear their own jersey in 15/13/11/9 a side competitions

Keyser Söze

In fairness, in some of those cases I think it is generally accepted by both sides that they will end up playing with Trumera.
Automatically entitled to a transfer under the parentage rule in Laois bye laws.
Somewhat of an unspoken, mutually beneficial arrangement
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

clonadmad

Quote from: Laois man on November 02, 2021, 09:11:44 PM
So who are mrath with U20?

Mountrath arent in with anyone is what I've heard and havent entered a team.

Spiritof1915

Heywood well beaten by Johnstown in first round of senior schools championship today. A strong Heywood team out containing a lot of laois minors over the last 2 years. A bad sign for Laois hurling unfortunately.

town1980

yes because all them will be called up to the senior panel this year by chedder

Robbo

Johnston probably have a few Harps lads to be fair.

clonadmad

U15 last night

Laois A beat Wexford by 2 points

Laois B took a bit of trimming from the other Wexford team.

U14

Both laois teams took a hiding from the 2 kilkenny teams in Dunmore on Saturday last while we had another 2 Laois teams playing 2 Wicklow teams at the same time in the Centre of Excellence

Laois man

U20 Cship starting tomorrow you would be thinking Harps will have too much for Camross and Cbolla will have too much for Ctown.

clonadmad

Borris Kilcotton advertising a Games Promotion officer position

Helix.

Quote from: clonadmad on November 12, 2021, 05:01:57 PM
Borris Kilcotton advertising a Games Promotion officer position

There's a few clubs taking up the option of Games Promotion Officer in Laois. I know my own club are sharing one among 3 clubs as a start. 1-2 town clubs clubs I think exploring on their own from what I heard.

A good addition providing the GPOs are decent at coaching.

Spiritof1915

Quote from: Laois man on November 12, 2021, 04:46:42 PM
U20 Cship starting tomorrow you would be thinking Harps will have too much for Camross and Cbolla will have too much for Ctown.
Huge wins for The harps and castletown in today's U20 quarters. Surely that is a big surprise castletown beating CB. Thought they might get to the final meself

Laois man

Ctown won easy Cbolla had 2 late goals Ctown were hungry and hurled very well. Harps to win the final do.

Zooming around

Good win for Mountrath over Castlecomer yesterday in the schools hurling.

clonadmad

Quote from: Zooming around on November 17, 2021, 12:59:06 PM
Good win for Mountrath over Castlecomer yesterday in the schools hurling.

Portlaoise Cbs beaten by 4 points by Bagnelstown in the Senior Schools C yesterday

Given the population of that school and the number of clubs feeding into the school,it's abysmal to say the least the state that Gaelic games is in there

Across all levels in hurling they are in C and bar senior football where they are in the B,they are in the C at every other grade of football as well.

Compare and contrast with the Girls school on the same campus and what they have achieved across 3/4 codes