The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zooming around

Quote from: Laois man on October 19, 2021, 03:48:37 PM
Are you sure he was doing all the coaching? I seeing the minors train and there was other lads doing drills while McGarth looked on. Should be no bother to get a new County Chairman a lot of people on here know all the wrongs so they might be able to get it all right if they go for the chair 😂

You'll never have a problem getting a chairman

clonadmad

The Harps out in group 2 in Division 2 of the National hurling Feile tomorrow

Playing Borrisileigh in Borrisileigh at 10:30 and Cashel in Borrisileigh for 12

if they top the group they play the group 1 winners which contain Naas, Bredagh and Roscrea in Borrisileigh for 1 in the cup semifinal.

It will be interesting to see how they get on.

Laois man

Laois Rising

There may be a clear 'Big Four' in Laois hurling at the moment but with the conveyor belt of talent that is already starting to come through and will come through over the next 5/6 years you can see the Harps breaking that monopoly in Laois sooner rather than later. 

clonadmad

Quote from: Laois Rising on October 27, 2021, 03:29:42 PM
There may be a clear 'Big Four' in Laois hurling at the moment but with the conveyor belt of talent that is already starting to come through and will come through over the next 5/6 years you can see the Harps breaking that monopoly in Laois sooner rather than later.

The Harps have had the best run juvenile hurling set up for the past number of years

I expect them to win the u13 and u15 A again in 2022 with an At the Age Camross team potentially halting them at Minor A

if they keep doing what they are doing

It's only a matter of time before they win a senior title

Laois man

Big step up from Under age to Adult. Camross have 2 or 3minor final won but have 26 seniors won. I know lads who have lots of talent at underage and never played with thee first Adult team in the club after. Best of luck to the Harps i hope it works out for them but it's not easy.

clonadmad

Harps have won 2 from 2

Wins over borrisileigh and Cashel

Into Div 2 semifinal

Helix.

Quote from: clonadmad on October 28, 2021, 01:22:16 PM
Harps have won 2 from 2

Wins over borrisileigh and Cashel

Into Div 2 semifinal

2 relatively convincing wins this morning. Naas in semi final at 2. Final at 5 in Semple Stadium. Would be great to see them winning it out after being so convincing in Laois.

clonadmad

Bet Naas 4-9 to 1-3

Into the Div 2 Final

Feile Final at 5 pm in Semple Stadium against Oisins GAC Glenariffe (Antrim).

ottoman

Quote from: Laois man on October 27, 2021, 05:21:32 PM
Big step up from Under age to Adult. Camross have 2 or 3minor final won but have 26 seniors won. I know lads who have lots of talent at underage and never played with thee first Adult team in the club after. Best of luck to the Harps i hope it works out for them but it's not easy.

Wouldn't The Harps have been one of the main opposition along with RE to the Clough Ballacolla underage teams that won a lot during the 00's? I maybe wrong but I do have a recollection of a Harps team stopping a Ballacolla 3 in a row in a final at either u16 or minor.

clonadmad

The Harps beaten in the Div2 Feile Final by Oisin Og Glenariff

Spiritof1915

Quote from: ottoman on October 28, 2021, 05:23:12 PM

Wouldn't The Harps have been one of the main opposition along with RE to the Clough Ballacolla underage teams that won a lot during the 00's? I maybe wrong but I do have a recollection of a Harps team stopping a Ballacolla 3 in a row in a final at either u16 or minor.
They lost a lot of good players off that team in their early 20s if I remember correctly and a good few that played with Laois - Brian galvin, Sean Burke, 2 delahuntys, ciaran Fitz.. They seemed to have problems with their best players underage not fulfilling their true potential

ottoman

Quote from: Spiritof1915 on October 28, 2021, 06:40:58 PM
Quote from: ottoman on October 28, 2021, 05:23:12 PM

They lost a lot of good players off that team in their early 20s if I remember correctly and a good few that played with Laois - Brian galvin, Sean Burke, 2 delahuntys, ciaran Fitz.. They seemed to have problems with their best players underage not fulfilling their true potential

There is a few names id forgotten. Brian Galvin was a great player, deffo one that could have featured more at inter county level if he was around.

Laois man

Brian is over in Australia a good few years now.

Laois man

Q. In the U20 hurling Cship what teams make up Raheen parish Gaels? And what teams make up Na Fianna?Harps should be strong at this grade.