Laois ACFL Division 3

Started by SCFC, March 23, 2015, 10:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

The first round was completed yesterday with Spink beating Rosenallis.

You'd imagine Courtwood, Rosenallis, Stradbally and The Heath to be the contenders in this division.

Portarlington 2-15 Kilcavan 0-10
The Heath 0-9 Stradbally 0-4
Barrowhouse 1-7 Ballylinan 2-10
Portlaoise   0-6 O'Dempseys 5-4
Timahoe 2-5 Courtwood 1-12
Spink 0-7   Rosenallis 1-11

Heshs Umpire

O'Dempseys and Port will be strong in this division too.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

SCFC

O'Dempseys 2-18 Portarlington 0-8
Courtwood 3-17 Barrowhouse 0-5
Ballylinan 1-7 The Heath 3-10
Stradbally 2-10 Spink 2-7

SCFC

Rosenallis, O'Dempseys and Courtwood all unbeaten here. Any of them could win it. 

SCFC

Courtwood beat Rosenallis tonight by around 4 points. Decent game. Rosenallis will give the junior a rattle this year.

Heshs Umpire

Looking like Courtwood, Rosenallis and O'Dempseys for three of the semi final spots.
Bit of a scramble for fourth with The Heath there at the moment but Stradbally, Kilcavan, Spink and Portlaoise all in the running.

SCFC

Final this Saturday in HQ. Courtwood v O'Dempseys. Could be a decent game, local derby and all that.

clubjoe14

I fancy courtwood to win ACFL div 3 title, they have a good young team. I feel they will also be very competitive in the intermediate championship this year. As for Rosenallis in the junior a they are always competitive at this level but a lack of a top class forward and indiscipline will see them fall just short

SCFC

Rosenallis should be better than they are.
Have the players to win the junior but not getting there.
Park Ratheniska and Joseph's are my favourites for it this year though I hear Barrowhouse are getting players back and won't be bad.

clubjoe14

Park Ratheniska have struggled badly in Div2 league as they are a junior team playing against intermediate and senior teams, i think they are in decline and need to rebuild again. Barrowhouse have some decent young players like the 2 baldwins,brian daly,emmet malone etc...however they always seem to lack composure when most needed in important games. If they can begin to possess some leadership they have the potential to do well in the championship.

SCFC

Poor enough final last night.
It was a brutal night for football alright but the game never really took off.
Donoher was well above the level of all the other players.
Courtwood will need to improve a lot to threaten in the intermediate while O'Dempseys will get it hard to win the junior if they lose a few of their team to the seniors as I expect them to.

Cruella De Vil

Quote from: SCFC on July 10, 2015, 07:59:31 AM
Rosenallis should be better than they are.
Have the players to win the junior but not getting there.
Park Ratheniska and Joseph's are my favourites for it this year though I hear Barrowhouse are getting players back and won't be bad.

I think Joes will take beating, Whilst Park are in Div 2, its hard to turn around form that is as poor as they have, Rosenallis & Barrowhouse will occupy the semi final spots, but neither have what's required to close the deal.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: SCFC on July 12, 2015, 11:57:29 PM
Poor enough final last night.
It was a brutal night for football alright but the game never really took off.
Donoher was well above the level of all the other players.
Courtwood will need to improve a lot to threaten in the intermediate while O'Dempseys will get it hard to win the junior if they lose a few of their team to the seniors as I expect them to.
Not a great reward for winning Division 3 for us! We wind up next year in what's effectively the fourth tier (2B)!!!
Would've been nice to move up to the current style Division 2 with 3 or 4 senior teams but instead we'll be in a 6 team group with 3 or 4 junior A teams.
And before anyone says it, I know - no complaints, the clubs voted in the new format.

From the Terrace

Think thats a fair comment. But at least will be against Junior teams who will field competitive teams. On the Junior think Park have to be favourities with the heath/joes next best & barrowhouse/rosenallis with outside chances.