Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigRipper89

Great championship draw. Few nice match ups and should be plenty competitive matches by all accounts. Im assuming its back door like pervious years?

Cavan this weekend- Down priced at 6/1 in some places. I think cavan will squeeze past us but you would get abit of value for your money I reckon. Cavan coming from division 4 football rememeber. Any thoughts?

ck

Quote from: BigRipper89 on May 25, 2022, 09:05:22 AM
Great championship draw. Few nice match ups and should be plenty competitive matches by all accounts. Im assuming its back door like pervious years?

Cavan this weekend- Down priced at 6/1 in some places. I think cavan will squeeze past us but you would get abit of value for your money I reckon. Cavan coming from division 4 football rememeber. Any thoughts?

The odds are correct. Cavan are not as good as some make out but they'll hammer Down. Down football has never been in a worse place.

Truth hurts

Quote from: thewobbler on May 25, 2022, 08:47:40 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on May 25, 2022, 08:35:52 AM
the county board always pull one or two big draws out in the first round of the SFC  ;)
You strike me as the kind of person who would also complain about dark arts if the big sides were kept apart in an open draw.

Hard to please people who approach everything with an agenda.

The dark arts will be out in force tonight in Father Lynch Park.

Truth hurts

Where are the Cumann na mBunscol finals and where are they taking place. This used to be a great occasion with 7, 9, 11 and 15 aside finals played to a packed Newcastle.

SamFever

Div 2 shaping up after last week's results and approaching the 2nd round.

Truth hurts

Bredagh looked to be cruising but maybe they are not invincible and there is a lot of ball to be played

SamFever

Quote from: Truth hurts on May 26, 2022, 04:41:06 PM
Bredagh looked to be cruising but maybe they are not invincible and there is a lot of ball to be played
We were beating them at halftime only to concede an early 2nd half penalty and two soft goals.

Truth hurts

Loughinisland v Carryduff should be a cracker tonight and I think whoever loses will be in serious trouble. This bottom eight will be interesting and a complete dog fight

upandwin

Island and C'duff is a massive game is right. Also Ford v The Point will be very close I reckon. Losers of those two games will be in for a scrappy couple of months ahead. I think RGU will beat Clonduff for some reason. Tough place to go and Clonduff are prone to a wee slip against teams they should beat on paper. Burren and the bridge should win handy but the bottom 8 is going to the wire, no one safe by the looks of it so far. Making for a great season tbf to the County Board

Truth hurts

By all accounts the Point are improving week on week so I expect them to win that one. Was there rows in the RGU and Bryansford match last weekend?

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: Truth hurts on May 27, 2022, 10:57:58 AM
Loughinisland v Carryduff should be a cracker tonight and I think whoever loses will be in serious trouble. This bottom eight will be interesting and a complete dog fight

Not sure about it being a cracker. One team is in decline & the other seems to have lost its way.

I heard there's a bit of unrest in both Downpatrick & Bryansford camps. Seems early in season for management changes though.

Lot at stake when the league splits. Four down makes it a dogfight.

SamFever

Quote from: Truth hurts on May 27, 2022, 01:03:36 PM
By all accounts the Point are improving week on week so I expect them to win that one. Was there rows in the RGU and Bryansford match last weekend?
Did you not say last week you were going to the RGU/Bryansford game?Will you take in a game in tonight?

Hard2Listen2

Is the game today on radio anywhere?

TakeTheMark

Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on May 28, 2022, 01:18:49 PM
Is the game today on radio anywhere?

Apparently this crowd are doing radio service of the game:

https://www.northernsound.ie/sport/consistency-the-key-for-cavan-in-tailteann-cup-195206

"Throw in for that game as noted is at 2pm and we will have full live coverage on Saturday sport"

An Watcher