Author Topic: Thinking of a new Tyrone "fan club"...  (Read 3354 times)

Low and Hard

• View Profile
Re: Thinking of a new Tyrone "fan club"...
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 01:18:08 AM »
Need to be quick lads be no fan clubs needed after youse meet the dubs. P.s could u imagine sitting beside a Tyrone fan club at a game, I'd be looking a refund!

In hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2017, 03:53:52 PM »
i see the large flags are banned from hill 16. no harm in gettin to work on an official spirit of oneil flag. will have to be red and white, have spirit of oneill printed on it and possibly an emblem or image  on it.
Good thinking,  ;D ;D

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2017, 11:43:16 PM »
i see the large flags are banned from hill 16. no harm in gettin to work on an official spirit of oneil flag. will have to be red and white, have spirit of oneill printed on it and possibly an emblem or image  on it.

I'm ordering a 5ft x 5ft waver with the T symbol that's on the Facebook page and it'll hopefully be ready in time for next week. I thought 6 x 6 would be a stretch to be able to wave. Any ideas for a hanging banner?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 11:47:12 PM by RedHand88 »

In hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 11:55:06 PM »

I'm ordering a 5ft x 5ft waver with the T symbol that's on the Facebook page and it'll hopefully be ready in time for next week. I thought 6 x 6 would be a stretch to be able to wave. Any ideas for a hanging banner?

'We're all part of Mickey's Army'

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2017, 08:18:15 AM »

Don't be writing "Mickey Out!" on it ffs. Your some boyo, you spend all year slagging the manager with personal, vindictive comments on a public forum.....we win a few games....and your heading up the supporters club.
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2017, 08:36:26 AM »
Its a Tyrone supporters club nothin to do with Harte. It will really take off next year when hartes gone.

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2017, 08:45:14 AM »
Its a Tyrone supporters club nothin to do with Harte. It will really take off next year when hartes gone.

With "supporters" like you on board...I'll give it a miss.

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2017, 09:38:40 AM »

sure why don't you set up a mickey Harte supporters club. See how long that lasts.

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2017, 11:03:07 AM »
Look there's pro-harters and anti-harters and both have good points. Personally I'm pro-harte but I understand why alot of people wouldn't be. This won't be used as a slanging match between the two factions.
I don't think a banner with anything harte would get much use, his contract is up and none of us know for sure what's going to happen next year.

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2017, 11:07:01 AM »

sure why don't you set up a mickey Harte supporters club. See how long that lasts.

Who's your flavour of the month now with you young STG? Is it still Mattie McGleenan? Cavan people are praying he is given the road! Mickey still the best option available in my opinion.

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2017, 11:42:44 AM »
Look there's pro-harters and anti-harters and both have good points. Personally I'm pro-harte but I understand why alot of people wouldn't be. This won't be used as a slanging match between the two factions.
I don't think a banner with anything harte would get much use, his contract is up and none of us know for sure what's going to happen next year.

Aye, but there's a way to go about your criticism with a bit of class and decency which was severely lacking by certain posters. Best of luck with the supporters club RedHand, fair play to you!

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2017, 01:02:16 PM »

Aye, but there's a way to go about your criticism with a bit of class and decency which was severely lacking by certain posters. Best of luck with the supporters club RedHand, fair play to you!

Thanks, keep an eye out for us!

Tyrone Gaa

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2017, 01:14:15 PM »
To move this away from the Harte in/out discussion which I hear is due to be discussed on Tuesday night,  I think this fan club is excellent.  County Down have this running well and may be worth while touch base with them to get advice.

How do we get involved with this?
Living the dream!!!

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2017, 01:31:21 PM »
To move this away from the Harte in/out discussion which I hear is due to be discussed on Tuesday night,  I think this fan club is excellent.  County Down have this running well and may be worth while touch base with them to get advice.

I didn't realise Down had a similar thing up and running. I know Mayo have Club 51 and it looks excellent. They have yet to get back to me...

I agree the Harte issue should be discussed here because it's never going to end well, whether you like with him or not it's a fan club, not a county board meeting!

With regards getting involved, the Facebook and Twitter were just set-up this week. All about spreading the word to begin with. I've talked about meetups before match next Saturday etc to get to know everyone and that as well. If we get the numbers then we should set up roles and that for next year for those who are interested (social media, treasurer, organise fund raisers for banners, etc) I could see maybe a supporters bus for away games in the league next year? I know there's enough go to the league games and it's the same faces you see at each game.

Cheers,
Stephen

https://m.facebook.com/spiritofoneill/?tsid=0.42626467422929193&source=result

@spiritofoneill

Tyrone Gaa

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2017, 01:36:58 PM »

I didn't realise Down had a similar thing up and running. I know Mayo have Club 51 and it looks excellent. They have yet to get back to me...

I agree the Harte issue should be discussed here because it's never going to end well, whether you like with him or not it's a fan club, not a county board meeting!

With regards getting involved, the Facebook and Twitter were just set-up this week. All about spreading the word to begin with. I've talked about meetups before match next Saturday etc to get to know everyone and that as well. If we get the numbers then we should set up roles and that for next year for those who are interested (social media, treasurer, organise fund raisers for banners, etc) I could see maybe a supporters bus for away games in the league next year? I know there's enough go to the league games and it's the same faces you see at each game.

Cheers,
Stephen

https://m.facebook.com/spiritofoneill/?tsid=0.42626467422929193&source=result

@spiritofoneill

Down definitely do because I think they had 3 busses to the Ulster Final, Some of the lads in the bar said they came up with the supporters club.  They all got the Rooneys bus so they maybe able assist with contact info.  Seemed to be well run
Living the dream!!!