Armagh v Tyrone U20

Started by screenexile, June 09, 2018, 12:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 14, 2018, 08:57:52 AM
Why was Darragh Canavan not on panel?

I heard his da was worried he'd end up getting bate up by armagh officials - good call in the end!!!

smelmoth

Quote from: outsideoftheboot on June 13, 2018, 02:07:20 PM
Quote from: The Bearded One on June 13, 2018, 02:01:27 PM
At the end of extra time Armagh had a third player sent off (after the row and the equalising score). They commenced extra extra time with 15 players when they should have had 12 and Tyrone 13.

I have stated this numerous times.. one argument above was that one of the players was already subbed off..

What does he mean though? Was he substituted and committed the red card offence before exiting the field? Did he leave the pitch but return on to it and commit the offence or was he subbed off and then sent to the stands for an offence along the sideline?

Under Lights

Can we appeal the 1995 final while we are at it.

smelmoth

Quote from: Jayop on June 13, 2018, 10:14:41 PM
I wonder will there be the same level of critique for Donegal appealing the red card at the weekend? Will there fk.

Has the Ulster Senior Final been postponed?

If it was then the pointless McGee appeal will be equally criticised.

Remember McGee is guilty. If somehow he gets off it will look bad on The GAA/Ulster Council and on Donegal. And it won't make him innocent.

smelmoth

Quote from: rrhf on June 14, 2018, 06:12:43 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on June 13, 2018, 10:53:57 PM
Fermanagh are also appealing the suspension dished out to their water boy during the semi final. Let's not be hypocrites here, all counties are as guilty as each other. However the Tyrone appeal is slightly different in that they were not put at any clear disadvantage numerically. I think it is as a result of the ill feeling created from the brawl involving team management. I can't understand why you would want to try and win in this manner.
I hate appeals. But Strangely there is too much scope for abuse.  What stops an 11 aside game taking place - the ref. Potential mutiny all over the shop.  Getting the numbers right is The refs most important role.

Scope to abuse the rules does not compel a team to abuse the rules. That is a choice

smelmoth

Quote from: hardstation on June 14, 2018, 08:37:40 AM
There seems to be some confusion. Can somebody clear this up:
For the period in question, should Tyrone have had more men on the field than Armagh, if the rules had have been applied correctly?

If yes, the appeal is justifiable.
If no, the appeal is pathetic.

In a nutshell

DuffleKing

I really do despair with people sometimes.

Appealing a red card after the fact in an attempt to have a player participate the next day is entirely different (and usually a chance of the arm) than appealing the result of a match based on a technicality.

redzone

Quote from: Itchy on June 13, 2018, 11:06:50 PM
Quote from: under the bar on June 13, 2018, 09:30:53 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 13, 2018, 09:28:46 PM
Quote from: WT4E on June 13, 2018, 09:13:57 PM
Have it on good authority that the most likely outcome of this will be a replay at a neutral venue.

The GAA should review the fighting footage and issue suspensions to 10 Tyrone players.  Since they are such stickers on the rules. Tyrone should be ashamed of themselves.

Since you're from Cavan you'll know all about being ashamed of your team then?

Why would I be ashamed. We've been beaten fair and square. But id be disgusted if our county appealed a result in which they did not concede any unfair advantage. Ref made a mistake which effect both teams equally.  You can see the difference in genuine sportsmen from Tyrone who want none of this shite and well then win at ALL costs brigade. I actually cannot believe your county board has stooped this low
Geroid v wylie. Remember that incident. No you don't cause Yous f**king denied it ever happened

nrico2006

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 14, 2018, 09:10:22 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 14, 2018, 08:57:52 AM
Why was Darragh Canavan not on panel?

I believe he had the decision to stay off it this year as he was playing too much football. Hopefully we see him out next year.

Thanks for the response.  I did hear about him concentrating on minor club which will be a good decision in the long run as he has another 2 years at this grade anyway.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

general_lee

Just man up and take your batin ye shower of bog dwelling midgets

BennyHarp

Quote from: general_lee on June 14, 2018, 10:32:53 AM

I'll refer you to the Armagh supporters response after 2003. We had to beat you again in 2005 to hammer home the point.
That was never a square ball!!

illdecide

In fairness most Tyronies are happy enough that Armagh won and don't want anything done about it, I'm surprised the Co Board done it as someone stated it would be different if you were trying to get a player cleared for a final or something like that but trying to change the outcome of a match result is a bit low. The row at the end obviously had a bearing on this decision to appeal the result on a technicality.

C'mon Tyrone it's noyt that often we get to beat Tyrone, ffs let us have our we bit of glory
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Armamike

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 14, 2018, 11:10:01 AM

I'll refer you to the Armagh supporters response after 2003. We had to beat you again in 2005 to hammer home the point.

We didn't like it but we didn't appeal the result! 
However, if Tyrone are successful in their appeal I feel its incumbent on Armagh County Board to take a stand and launch some counter appeals.  The 03 final where Marsden was later found to be incorrectly sent off.  Armagh have grounds here for being unfairly a man down.  Also in 05 Canavan wasted an inordinate amount of time on that final free. The time should have been added on. It wasn't. There was time for Armagh to get an equaliser.
That's just, like your opinion man.

WT4E

Quote from: Armamike on June 14, 2018, 11:18:52 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 14, 2018, 11:10:01 AM

We didn't like it but we didn't appeal the result! 
However, if Tyrone are successful in their appeal I feel its incumbent on Armagh County Board to take a stand and launch some counter appeals.  The 03 final where Marsden was later found to be incorrectly sent off.  Armagh have grounds here for being unfairly a man down.  Also in 05 Canavan wasted an inordinate amount of time on that final free. The time should have been added on. It wasn't. There was time for Armagh to get an equaliser.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

redhandofgod

i don't think any appeal will matter, good chance both teams will be thrown out!