Down New manager

Started by Down1234, July 04, 2018, 05:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Kilcoo v harps tonight 8-8
Defending from the poachie school of excellence

Targetman

Quote from: thewobbler on July 06, 2018, 05:12:28 PM
Sean Rooney, Jack Devaney, Danny Hughes, Liam Doyle and Gerry Dougherty have been appointed to seek and interview candidates for the job.

Nice mix in there. Good luck lads.
Seriously with no input from the county secretary?

downjim

thewobbler

Quote from: Targetman on July 06, 2018, 10:25:35 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on July 06, 2018, 05:12:28 PM
Sean Rooney, Jack Devaney, Danny Hughes, Liam Doyle and Gerry Dougherty have been appointed to seek and interview candidates for the job.

Nice mix in there. Good luck lads.
Seriously with no input from the county secretary?

He will of course have an input, as will Diarmuid Cahill when numbers need analysed. But that's the headhunting contingent.

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: downjim on July 06, 2018, 04:10:23 PM
I'm not saying we have the best facilities in Down be we are up there and tbh the majority of the best facilities are within 10 miles from Burren(Bridge, Saval,Shamrocks, Clonduff, Kilcoo).

I'm saying take a look through the leagues in Down, look at every club and say is their house in order?
Are your members working hard enough?
It's easy to fundraise and get money. People will always be generous with money.

Good volunteers who spend upteem hours at the pitches cleaning, cutting , coaching, meeting. They are the cornerstone of our association.

So can we stop the yapping about county boards  unless you can look at yourself and say I do enough.
This small club mantra is shite as well, you can be small in membership but you can still create top class facilities for our kids. Entice the kids to your clubs first, then Down will change.

You are taking the speck out of other clubs' eyes before you take the log out of your own Jim.
Look at the clubs you named and we can look at the starting lineup for Down/Cavan and the number of players from these fine examples of structure and facilities:
Burren - 1
Mayobridge -0
Saval - 0
Shamrocks - 0
Clonduff - 1
Kilcoo - 1

A total of 3! Thank you for helping to prove my point. It isn't the small clubs that you look down on who are the issue in Down, its the large clubs who are killing the county.
Facilities help attract players and help nurture talent, but if players are being lost and not developed to senior level properly by these big clubs, then whats the point?
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Smurfy123

3 of those clubs you say are not bringing through talent from underage to seniors have dominated Down club football for the past 25 years I think. Correct me if I'm wrong

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 07, 2018, 12:03:55 PM
3 of those clubs you say are not bringing through talent from underage to seniors have dominated Down club football for the past 25 years I think. Correct me if I'm wrong
I'm talking development to county standard

Smurfy123

thebar

Whats your point? What have we won the past 25 years that was worth a winning...nothing.

BarryBreensBandage

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: thebar on July 07, 2018, 01:07:08 PM
Whats your point? What have we won the past 25 years that was worth a winning...nothing.

Precisely - how have Down county champions fared in the Ulster Club championship?
How are the Abbey and the College doing at McRory level?

Solo_run

More importantly Jim Wells will never be attending a game and so he can be ruled out.

downjim

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on July 07, 2018, 11:20:30 AM
I'm not saying we have the best facilities in Down be we are up there and tbh the majority of the best facilities are within 10 miles from Burren(Bridge, Saval,Shamrocks, Clonduff, Kilcoo).

I'm saying take a look through the leagues in Down, look at every club and say is their house in order?
It's easy to fundraise and get money. People will always be generous with money.

Good volunteers who spend upteem hours at the pitches cleaning, cutting , coaching, meeting. They are the cornerstone of our association.

So can we stop the yapping about county boards  unless you can look at yourself and say I do enough.
This small club mantra is shite as well, you can be small in membership but you can still create top class facilities for our kids. Entice the kids to your clubs first, then Down will change.

You are taking the speck out of other clubs' eyes before you take the log out of your own Jim.
Look at the clubs you named and we can look at the starting lineup for Down/Cavan and the number of players from these fine examples of structure and facilities:
Burren - 1
Mayobridge -0
Saval - 0
Shamrocks - 0
Clonduff - 1
Kilcoo - 1

A total of 3! Thank you for helping to prove my point. It isn't the small clubs that you look down on who are the issue in Down, its the large clubs who are killing the county.
Facilities help attract players and help nurture talent, but if players are being lost and not developed to senior level properly by these big clubs, then whats the point?

You should be banned from this board after that post. Take a look at division one and the SFC champions since 1980 please

thebar

Quote from: downjim on July 07, 2018, 03:58:47 PM
Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on July 07, 2018, 11:20:30 AM

Burren - 1
Mayobridge -0
Saval - 0
Shamrocks - 0
Clonduff - 1
Kilcoo - 1

You should be banned from this board after that post. Take a look at division one and the SFC champions since 1980 please

I think Barry put manners on you Jim and you didnt like it!

Samforever

It's coming home boys! It's coming home!