Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

If u look to the right Brick it gives 6 and 7.45.

BallyhaiseMan

Tickets just been ordered  :)
Looking forward to taking over Croker Saturday Night.

The Bottom Brick

QuoteIf u look to the right Brick it gives 6 and 7.45.

Not so bad!

It shouldn't be hard to get tickets sorted???
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

shotstopper1

The Bottom Brick

33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

cavan4ever

Quote from: The Bottom Brick on April 16, 2007, 02:02:37 PM

Not so bad!

There won't be many problems in getting tickets.  It might be better of staying than driving home cos with meath and monaghan playing the traffic will be serious.

bingobus

Quote from: Ryano on April 16, 2007, 01:45:41 PM
Mon and Meath @ 6pm
Cavan and Ros @ 7.45pm

Are you sure that this? I was told by a member of the Monaghan panel this morning thats its the otehr way about. He could be wrong though, have you a link?

cavan4ever

Heard it on the radio there about 30 mins ago.

cavan4ever

Croke Park will host both NFL semi-finals on Saturday evening with the Monaghan-Meath game starting proceedings while the floodlights will most definitely be needed by the time Cavan and Roscommon throws in at 7.45pm.

The first game throws in at 6pm and is a repeat of the 2005 NFL Division 2 decider which Monaghan won in they dying seconds thanks to an own goal from Meath's Mark Ward.

There is likely to be huge interest in Cavan as it will be the first time they have played in GAA Headquarters since 1997 when they took on Kerry in an All-Ireland semi-final.

Both games will be shown live on TG4.

bingobus

Cheers, should have known he'd get it arse ways.

CC1

Quote from: cavan4ever on April 16, 2007, 03:18:19 PM
Quote from: The Bottom Brick on April 16, 2007, 02:02:37 PM

Not so bad!

There won't be many problems in getting tickets.  It might be better of staying than driving home cos with meath and monaghan playing the traffic will be serious.
That's what myself and the folks are doing. I remember 97 and the traffic that day was killer, so you could just imagine the traffic on the M1, N2 and N3. Which ever way you go, you're going to have serious traffic.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

BallyhaiseMan

Lads
it may be a while before we get to Croke Park again,so i think for even if only for the novelty factor of seeing us in Croke,Its worth the trip.

CC1

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 16, 2007, 07:42:04 PM
Lads
it may be a while before we get to Croke Park again,so i think for even if only for the novelty factor of seeing us in Croke,Its worth the trip.
Absolutely, but make sure to be there early and stay late or stay over night would be the right way to go about it.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

mylestheslasher

Well lads. i hope to get there but not 100% sure if I can make it due to other commitments. I think we will be beaten, we are playing too poorly  for me to be too optimistic. Ros have a big lad Mannion at FF, apparently he is playing crap this year but if the ball is remotely good we know that forde won't be able to compete. You can always rely on a Maughan team to be fit too and by all accounts that is how they beat Offaly at the weekend. They have there bad performances too so maybe it will go our way. Would be great to get to a final against meath or monaghan for a bit of serious slagging.

BallyhaiseMan

Cavan stars Sean Brady, Darren Rabbitte, Nicholas Walsh and Seanie Johnston are battling to be fit for Saturday evening's NFL Division 2 semi-final against Roscommon at Croke Park.

Rabbitte is suffering from a hamstring complaint, and is the biggest injury concern ahead of the Breffni County's first appearance at GAA headquarters since 1997. Lorcan Mulvey is ruled out through suspension, but wing back Ronan Flanagan is available again. Micheal Lyng is pushing for a starting place after a two-year injury layoff.

Cavan manager Donal Keogan is playing down the significance of Cavan's first appearance in the new-look Croke Park. Until now, they were the only county not to have played at the stadium since its redevelopment a few years ago.

"It's not something we'll be dwelling on. Obviously the majority of our players haven't played there but it's not a big deal to us," he said.

Myles
if Mannion is FF there is no conceiveable way Forde can be left at full back on him,i f**kin hope not anyway  :o
You could possibely see Nicholas Walsh in there marking him,if fit.