Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

put-it-up

Ah i was talking to someonee else who said it was poor.

By all means he said it was competitive but he did say quality was lacking.

i would say the game in virginia later will be similiar ;D

boojangles

Very poor fare indeed but very exciting all the same.Kill IMO were the better team,but missed a heap of chances. there was no lack of commitment from either side but the shooting and passing left alot to be desired. Barry Watters came on early for Drung but is definitely not near right yet,seemed to b still carrying a leg.Made no impact really.Patrick McEntee was marked well throughout but still scored 2 vital points. Kill could have won it in the dying seconds when James Reilly fumbled in his box but somehow a Drung defender got his leg to it.

put-it-up

Barry has awful luck with injuries and he is so good for them he prob was rushed back.

How did McKenna get on, any life left on those legs?

Anyone seen anybody making a case for a county-call up so far?

Have not seen to many myself to be honest

tierworker blue

Bailieborough won 1.14 to 1.12

put-it-up

Ramor bet Cucu's by two points in a scrappy enough game. Kingscourt drew with Ballinagh and there was no separating Lacken or Crosserlough either!

mylestheslasher

Tommy Carr on the radio commentating on the Kerry Meath game, do you think he'll spot much new talent for the panel down there ::)

Drung

Who was the ref in that game Red n Black?

put-it-up

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 30, 2009, 06:22:39 PM
Tommy Carr on the radio commentating on the Kerry Meath game, do you think he'll spot much new talent for the panel down there ::)

Haha, and Niall Lynch was playing against Ramor so the scouting would have been left to Peter today!

Havin seen too many standout performances in the last few weeks.

Damien Barkey from Ramor looks like he is developing into a nice corner-back.

When is the draw made for the semi's

boojangles

Quote from: put-it-up on August 30, 2009, 06:46:31 PM

We have enough of them.
You would hope that the scouting duties are being taken care off for all championship games but I just wouldn't be so sure.

put-it-up

Quote from: boojangles on August 30, 2009, 07:19:43 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on August 30, 2009, 06:46:31 PM

We have enough of them.
You would hope that the scouting duties are being taken care off for all championship games but I just wouldn't be so sure.

Now now boojangles, you know what I meant don't be such a smart arse :)

Think he has serious potential. No nonsense and is like ronseal....does exactly what it says on the tin!

put-it-up

IFC SF:
Bailieborough v Lavey
Drung v Cootehill

JFC:
Swad v Cornafean
Cavan Gaels v The Bridge

Lawrence of Knockbride

Denn beat the darlings of Cavan football Castlerathan tonight in a bit of shock. Fully deserved in my view. Denn epitomise what Cavan football doesn't have in general-balls and heart. They all give 100% and can tackle properly. The only negative thing to say about them is that Cahill spends the hour (and even some of the HT break) winding up his man. I was particularly impressed with Colin Kiernan for the second time this year. Probably a step below what's needed for the county but worth a look.
Methinks the boys from Ballyduff took this one for granted a little.

Babe Ruth 47

The boys from Ballyduff were over hyped and are notorious bottlers. Some lovely footballers but have never really made a decent impact in the championship. Denn are extremely difficult to play against, as lawerence said, work rate, tackling, and determination in spadefulls.

put-it-up

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on August 30, 2009, 09:16:18 PM
Denn beat the darlings of Cavan football Castlerathan tonight in a bit of shock. Fully deserved in my view. Denn epitomise what Cavan football doesn't have in general-balls and heart. They all give 100% and can tackle properly. The only negative thing to say about them is that Cahill spends the hour (and even some of the HT break) winding up his man. I was particularly impressed with Colin Kiernan for the second time this year. Probably a step below what's needed for the county but worth a look.
Methinks the boys from Ballyduff took this one for granted a little.

What wrong with winding up his man? I bet it was effective was it not?Another problem with Cavan football....a lot of the players are too nice.
You think Ryan McMenamin cares what peope think of him once he gets his job done?

Castlerahan are defo bottlers. Always hyped but never live up to expectation. How was Mackey? I imagine he did not enjoy Denn's swarm defence too much!!!!

put-it-up

Quote from: RednBlack on August 30, 2009, 09:45:33 PM
Quote from: Drung on August 30, 2009, 06:32:49 PM
Who was the ref in that game Red n Black?

John Smith

Was in at Denn CRahan game. Yes Denn were in their faces all night but I still think the off the ball stuff and mouthing is low. Especially at end of game when a few of their players got in the faces of the losers. Not on IMO.
Mackey took lots of stuff but still went over very easy at times. Heard Cusack pooped his hip out and another ambulance in for a Denn lad.

Lacken Crosserlough was poor but Raymond Galligan a very bright light. As sweet a free taker as there is around and is general play was very good. Impressed by Colm Smith last night and Pierce McKenna cleaned Ciaran Galligan on Friday night.

That must have been pretty sore on Cusack's behind. Never heard anything like that happening in a game before..Doubt his bum is the better of that experience  ;D ;D ;D

Aye Ray Galligan has something to offer, just not sure from what position though at IC level.

A lad from my own club is a serious man marker. Very old fashioned corner-back - no nonsense. I really think Carr and Co. need to find one or two of them.

Would McKenna still be up to county standard