Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC1

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on May 26, 2008, 01:24:26 PM
Kingscourt must be in disarray whats wrong with them?
Was talking to one of their older heads and he says that they are missing loads of players. He said that he went down to watch the game, and ended up having to play the game.

We're not in much better nick ourselves, missing lots of players at the moment. At training the other night myself and another player counted that in or around 90% of the 35 man squad had been injured for games at one stage or another this year so far. I got injured in the Drung game and the two other lads that could stand in are injured too... We're playing Drumgoon on Friday... :(

Also cavan4ever... Very sexy tracksuits it must be said... ;)
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

cavan4sam

Playing Belturbet tonight lads, hopefully with the three county men we should have enough to beat them and get ourselves off the bottom of the divsion. Then Ballyhaise on Saturday and hopefully get a win there 2 and then with Lavey, Drumalee, Killygary, Cuchulainns and Ballinagh to play it is in our own hands.

BH Man how do you guys think the game will go Saturday? Would you be hopeful of getting a victory?

Mr. Pain

No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

cavan4sam

The match tonight is in Ballyjamesduff at 8.

The match on Saturday is in Ballyhaise at 5.

Celt_Man

any of ye heading to parnell park tonight? was thinking about it headng up but I have a feelin if I do I know I'll end up in a certain nightclub on harcourt street drinking whiskey till 4 in the morning!!
All the same it would be nice if they got a win over a decent dublin outfit tonight.... perhaps get a good buzz back with the fans ahead of the armagh game
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Homer

Won't be making it myself due to other commitments but I wouldn't be expecting a win as its a fairly new development within the county and these things take time to get up and running. My main fear is that we get tanked and everyone abandons ship on the idea come next year.

cavan4ever

Quote from: CC1 on May 28, 2008, 09:08:12 AM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on May 26, 2008, 01:24:26 PM
Kingscourt must be in disarray whats wrong with them?

Yeah new manger insisted that tracksuits and training gear had to be got for the players. 

CC1

Quote from: cavan4ever on May 29, 2008, 08:09:18 AM
Quote from: CC1 on May 28, 2008, 09:08:12 AM
Yeah new manger insisted that tracksuits and training gear had to be got for the players. 
Looks good, don't think I've seen any other club in the county with them. Fair play.

Anyone have any word on how the Junior game went last night?
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

cavan4ever

Anyone have any word on how the Junior game went last night?

Wasn't at it but got text from a lad that was at it .

Lost by 4.  Had most of the ball but couldn't score.

North Longford

Small report lads..................

An Eoghan O'Gara goal for Dublin on 27 minutes was the score that ultimately separated these two teams at Parnell Park last night.

A Paddy Gumley point had put Cavan up by 0-6 to 0-3, only for Dublin to hold their opponents scoreless for the rest of the half.

Dublin led 1-9 to 0-6 at the interval. Although Cavan managed to cut Dublin's lead to three points in the second half, the Dubs rediscovered their form, with points from Ronan Joyce and Austin Denis breaking the back of Cavan's resistance.

SCORERS -- Dublin: W Finnegan 0-4(3f) K Connolly 0-3, E O'Gara 1-0, G Brennan 0-2, A Dennis, R Joyce, A Darcy 0-1 each. Cavan: K Brady (2f,1sl), P Gumley 0-3 each, T Crowe, S Maguire, S Clarke (1f), J Tierney, G Doyle 0-1 each.

cavan4sam

Lads, Castlerahan had a good win over Belturbet last night. 1-17 to 1-8.

Castlerahan had the 3 county men and looked a lot stronger than they had done in the league to date. Jason wasn't playing for Belturbet.

Hopefully we will get the win over Ballyhaise on Saturday.

cavan4sam

Updated table after last nights game

Team P W L D Pts
Cuchullains 8 5 1 2 12
Cavan Gaels 7 5 1 1 11
Lacken 8 5 2 1 11
Lavey 8 3 3 2 8
Killygarry 7 4 3 0 8
Gowna 8 4 4 0 8
Ballinagh 7 4 3 0 8
Mullahoran 8 3 4 1 7
Denn 8 3 4 1 7
Ballyhaise 7 3 4 0 6
Crosserlough 7 2 4 1 5
Belturbet 7 2 4 1 5
Castlerahan 7 2 5 0 4
Drumalee 7 2 5 0 4

boojangles

Dont wanna drag it up again but on that point made about McCabe and Gunner having a wee barney after the Antrim game,while I didnt indulge in the Lock-In that nite(I waited until last Sunday)I have it from a good source that it was actually McKeever who was having a go at Paul.I had heard about it the day after but dont think that kinda stuff should b talked about.But while we are acting like Desperate Housewifes-can anybody guess who was the only County Senior I met in Vision Sunday nite full-You guessed it-Mackey.

BallyhaiseMan

Cavan Team
Cavan - Fintan O'Reilly(Redhills); Michael Clarke(knockbride), Darren Smith(Lavey), K O'Neill(who is he); James Moynagh(Lacken), Alan Clarke(Kingscourt), Andrew McConnell(Buttlersbridge); Trevor Crowe(Lacken) (0-1), S Maguire (0-1)(Lavey); James Clarke(Killinkere), Seamus Clarke (0-1) (1f)(Cuchullains), Kevin Brady (0-3)(Lavey) (2f); Paddy Gumley(Redhills) (0-3), John Tierney(Knocbride) (0-1), Gavin Doyle(Arva) (0-1).

Subs: Dane O'Dowd(Drumlane) (29) for S Clarke, Paddy Brady(Mullahoran??) for Doyle (50), Alan Curran(Drung) for M Clarke (55), Colm Reilly(Ballyhaise) for J Clarke (58), P Smith for McConnell (59), Could be Philip Smith of Kingscourt or Padraig Smith(Castlerahan)

anyone fill in the blanks.

cavan4sam

It was Mackeys 21st at the weekend, didn't seem to have affected him that much as he played very well last night. I don't think havin a few pints on the 25th May is going to affect his performance on the 15th June.