RG at arms length

Started by seafoid, May 15, 2023, 11:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 15, 2023, 09:58:13 PM
Latest rumour now is that Gallagher took a session in Corduff club and had breakfast there after with team. And he was out in Dormans last night.

The Derry team weren't in Dormans last night?

OakLeaf

Latest rumour now is that Gallagher took a session in Corduff club and had breakfast there after with team. And he was out in Dormans last night.

That's total bullshit. The Derry team was in Dormans last night but Gallagher most definitely was not. There was a video doing the rounds but it was from last year in LTs. Gallagher has been no where near the Derry team since the announcement was made.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: OakLeaf on May 15, 2023, 10:21:17 PM

That's total bullshit. The Derry team was in Dormans last night but Gallagher most definitely was not. There was a video doing the rounds but it was from last year in LTs. Gallagher has been no where near the Derry team since the announcement was made.

The Derry team weren't in Dormans last night...

The video was LJ's last year...

trailer

Gallagher is finished in GAA circles. His name is toxic.
Nicola is an extremely brave and courageous woman.

OakLeaf

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on May 15, 2023, 10:28:35 PM

Yes LJs. Misheard my daughter. She was in Dormans last night and the team came in around 12.30 - 1.

smelmoth

Quote from: leenie on May 15, 2023, 09:04:45 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 15, 2023, 08:15:39 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 15, 2023, 07:48:55 PM
What does it matter if the accuser's father emailed the Derry board?  Surely if someone emailed my work with such an accusation they would be told wrong direction, contact the police.

Not really.

Do you think is all the responsibility a community sports organisation has?
Do you think that's what their members would want?
Do you think that what their sponsors would want?
Do you think that's what potential funding agencies would want?
Do you think that would be the best way to protect the game that you are there to nurture would be?

The matter will have to be fully investigated. Was the mail sent? Was it received? Who the did the recipient share it with? What they do next? These should not be difficult questions to answer.

Sponsorship and funding needs to go into domestic violence ... Nurturing your club and it's members also needs role models and lessons that no man \ woman has any right ever to lift their hand to someone ..

Genuinely think you are just being obtuse here.

Do you accept that Derry, if they received this warning, had a duty to act?

smelmoth

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 15, 2023, 09:34:40 PM
What does it matter if the accuser's father emailed the Derry board?  Surely if someone emailed my work with such an accusation they would be told wrong direction, contact the police.

Not really.

Do you think that would be the best way to protect the game that you are there to nurture would be?

The matter will have to be fully investigated. Was the mail sent? Was it received? Who the did the recipient share it with? What they do next? These should not be difficult questions to answer.

Eh? So your expecting GAA volunteers to perform criminal investigations?
Are they then expected to act as a jury on the outcome of said investigations? What about judge and executioner too while were at it?

The response can only be - "Sorry, you need to take this to the police. It is not appropriate or feasible that we be an investigator in these matters. With society here operating on an 'innocent until proven guilty' premise, Rory Gallagher will remain in charge of Derry unless we receive concerning information from the relevant authorities".

-----------------------

In general, a bit concerned about the trial by social media thing gathering pace. If people are going to condemn someone based only on accusations, that is an extremely slippery slope to start down. Hypothetical argument; if [a,b,c] happened, how would you like it if the other party made accusations and you were sacked and turned into a pariah off the back of the accusations (be they completely false, embellished or true) before even having the chance to defend yourself?

[a - you got promoted ahead of someone and they were livid about it.]
[b - your marriage broke down]
[c - neighbour feud]
[etc etc]

An incredible post. Show me where I said Derry had to conduct a criminal investigation?

Wildweasel74

I am gona go abit of track with one here, but I give a political example. Gerry Adams brother carry out was kept under wraps for yrs when things were said. Maria Cahill issue again kept under wraps. I didn't see anybody run a mile from backing Sinn Fein at the time. I seen to remember posters on here have a few choice words about Cahill. So Derry under the cosh here for sthing I don't think they really knew much about. What was Sinn Feins excuse at the time.

nrico2006

Not really.

The matter should be fully investigated by the police. Who cares about an email to a sporting organisation, why did the accuser, or her da, not go to the police?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

smelmoth

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 15, 2023, 11:00:01 PM

Not really.

The matter should be fully investigated by the police. Who cares about an email to a sporting organisation, why did the accuser, ir her da, not go to the police?

I don't know that they didn't.

But I do t think it takes too much intelligence to realise that if a county board receives such a serious allegation that they need to take steps to, to the best of their ability, reassure themselves that there is no truth to the allegation. If they cannot get that assurance then they sever ties.

STREET FIGHTER

Unbelievable to claim that RG was out celebrating with the Derry team last night.....

Unless he was and there are photographs??

If false..... a clear example on the dangers of rumours......the power of social media or whatever I suppose...

Crazy....

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: OakLeaf on May 15, 2023, 10:32:39 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on May 15, 2023, 10:28:35 PM

Yes LJs. Misheard my daughter. She was in Dormans last night and the team came in around 12.30 - 1.

Same guy owns both I think and so must have started off in Mary's and ended up in Dormans then...

Peter LaFleur

Quote from: Derryman forever on May 15, 2023, 09:48:17 PM
My two last words are " Caroline Flack ".
My two words are " jimmy saville ".

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: smelmoth on May 15, 2023, 10:48:30 PM

Not really.

Sponsorship and funding needs to go into domestic violence ... Nurturing your club and it's members also needs role models and lessons that no man \ woman has any right ever to lift their hand to someone ..

Of course they have a resposibility to act. If you have kids and they were bullied would you expect them to not act. But its a woman so they are open game. Of course they have a duty to act, and I would hope they would, and if you think its ok to say that then you are very much mistaken . Derry GAA have to stand up and finish this and not hide now. Too many people hiding.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

leenie

Quote from: smelmoth on May 15, 2023, 10:48:30 PM

Not really.

Can I get clarity on this .. Being a female poster and being called obtuse .. Am I ' annoyingly , insensitive, or slow to understand ' or am less than180 degrees "?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..