The North American / Canada GAA and Hurling thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, January 18, 2007, 08:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TyronePhilly

I was up in Boston last weekend in which I watched two games on the Saturday

Senior Football-----------Saint Christopher's versus Shannon Blues
         Shannon Blues disposed of St. Chris', with three points to spare at the end. Shannon Blues will be pushing for a spot in Senior Semis, with Chris' for Intermediate.
         Many men from Connaught for the Blues, and St. Chris' were well represented by players from Munster. Chris' could win the Intermediate.

Senior Football-----------Kerry versus Donegal
         Donegal, in my opinion, threw the game away. Donegal missed alot of chances. McNeilis starred in midfield, Molloy upfront was dangerous. Bonner injured.
         Kerry never laid down, and played extremely smart football maintaining possession under pressure, they drew level near the end, and finished off Donegal.
         Donegal will be back, and Kerry could be sitting at "three" come Semi-Final time. Donegal will be fighting for the number four (No.4) spot with others.

I missed the Junior "A" Men's Game between Connemara Gaels and Cork

then Sunday, I watched four games--------

Ladies Senior Football-----Boston Shamrocks versus Tir na nOg
         Down eight points at half time, the Shamrocks exploded in the second half to finish winners by two or three points---busting the net on four occasions.
         A game of two halves if there ever was one. Tir na nOg will disappointed they let the Shamrocks back. Their next encounter should be a cracker.

Senior Football-------------Wolfetones versus Connemara Gaels
         Connemara should have made this a closer affair---Tones were tough in halfback line, blocking numerous shots, and decent upfront in the forward lines.
         Gaels won alot of possession through Carlin, Niblock & Crossey, but couldn't capitalize on it. Tones won by six, handy enough.
         Tones should be into the Semis without a bother, whereas the Gaels will be pushing for the fourth seed with the Blues, Armagh NDs, and Donegal.

Senior Hurling--------------Father Tom's versus Tipperary
         Very good game, Tipp's goal inside the last ten minutes proved to be the difference....Tipp won by about four points

Senior Football-------------Aidan McAnespies versus Cork
         Never even a contest, sorry Rebels. McGourty and Lafferty led the way for the Macs, with support from Lally and McBride. Macs missed Lynch in the backs.
         Kerr played well until taken off, and the two cornerbacks struggled at times, Kerr was moved back to help before his early exit.
         Macs are head and shoulders above anything I saw at the weekend. Cork would need alot of hard work to stay up just.

I missed the Junior "B" Men's Game between the Celtics and the Shannon Blues

Other contenders-----Armagh Notre Dames had the weekend off, heard they lost a class keeper to a work injury. They have the two (2) Kielt brothers, Digney (Down U21s),
Brendan Quinn (Tyrone), and Marty Donaghy (Derry).

Tir Eoghain Philadelphia
Started in 1949
Folded in 2008

Amalgamated with the Four Provinces GAC Philadelphia---competing in New York Senior Championship

centre 3/4s

Can you tell me some down men that were at your club tyrone philly cause i think there were a few years ago i can remember reading something in irish news

TyronePhilly

We've had numerous Down men over the years.

Our club were instrumental in bringing the Down team of 1960/1961 fame over for a tour of several cities.

Anyone specifically?

Tir Eoghain Philadelphia
Started in 1949
Folded in 2008

Now amalgamated with the Four Provinces GAC Philadelphia----competing in the New York Senior Championship

Flirtyflan

Well Done to Carmen Stateside and New Devil on their big Victory on Sunday.
;D
Tyrone 2-11 Roscommon 0-8
Knock-out Final.

Niall Quinn

Toronto Mens Final League Table

P  W   D   L Pts
Durham   7   6   1   0   13
Mikes      7   5   2   0   12
Vincents  7   4   2   1   10
Gaels      7   4   0   3   8
Ottawa    7   3   1   3   7
Pats        7   2   0   5   4
Buffalo    7   1   0   6   2
Brampton7   0   0   7   0

Weekend:
Ottawa Gaels 0-9 v Durham 1-9
St. Vincents W St. Pats L
Buffalo L Toronto Gaels W
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Gabriel_Hurl

Should be an interesting last month to the season, eh Niall?

Niall Quinn

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 17, 2008, 02:34:23 PM

Yeah, it's the closest season I can rememeber here. In my book the Championship could go to any of 5 locations, with Pats not that far away either.
Do you know if plans for the Championship have been finalised yet? I'd assume it's league position based with 3v6 (Vincents/Pats) and 4v5 (Gaels/Ottawa), winners playing Mikes and Durham respectively in the semis.
Do you guys play Mikes in the league semi this weekend? If so, what time?

dodgy umpire

where could i watch the ulster final on sunday in manhatton around west 44th street?
The Boys in Red and Black are back

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Niall Quinn on July 17, 2008, 03:42:00 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 17, 2008, 02:34:23 PM

Yeah, it's the closest season I can rememeber here. In my book the Championship could go to any of 5 locations, with Pats not that far away either.
Do you know if plans for the Championship have been finalised yet? I'd assume it's league position based with 3v6 (Vincents/Pats) and 4v5 (Gaels/Ottawa), winners playing Mikes and Durham respectively in the semis.
Do you guys play Mikes in the league semi this weekend? If so, what time?

That's it exactly - I thought it was an open draw for the semi's though

Yeah - we've got Mikes in the semis - think we are the second game (3:50pm)

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Flirtyflan on July 14, 2008, 11:12:30 PM
Well Done to Carmen Stateside and New Devil on their big Victory on Sunday.
;D
Tyrone 2-11 Roscommon 0-8
Knock-out Final.

Cheers Flirty! Heres a little report from Hoganstand

John Brady Knockout title for Tyrone
14 July 2008

Sunday July 13th Gaelic Park New York
Tyrone 2-11
Roscommon 0-07

Tyrone became the third winners of the John Brady Knockout championship when they defeated last year's winners Roscommon with a clinical display of finishing at Gaelic Park on Sunday.

Scoring outbursts of 1-02 to finish the first half, and 1-03 to 0-01 at the end of the second half were the reasons for the comprehensive victory. The first half opened with the sides splitting six points. Mickey Travors had all the Ross scores, while Tyrone had Pakie McMullen, Paul Tierney and Barry McElduff on the scoreboard.

The momentum changed radically when Garth McCrory was hit by Seamus Skeffington who had just finished a fifty yard solo run, and the big full forward drilled low to the net. The second half also opened with six equally distributed points before McCrory again set the final alight when he finished a Barry McElduff pass to the net. He could have had a hat trick but his penalty went wide when he was fouled.

Three of the last four points of the final went to Tyrone with an advancing Martin Hamill, John and Pakie McMullen all hitting the mark to close out the first cup win for Tyrone in at least twenty years.

McCrory was clinical with his finishes but he had a host of helpers in the win. Damien Corrigan was cool in goal, Seamus Skeffington, Hamill and Sean Coyle before he left the field injured all impressed at the back. Gary Reilly did trojen work in the center, Pakie McMullen, Barry McElduff and Paul Tierney all had major roles.

Manager Fergus Daly won his third cup in succession after his exploits with Down and certainly has the midas touch. Roscommon's cause was hurt when Darren Hagen got hurt ten minutes in and he was not the same when he returned. James Faherty, Darren Beirne, Michael Travors and Declan Coyne were their best performers.

Scorers Tyrone Gareth McCrory (2-00) Pakie McMullen (0-03) Barry McElduff (0-03) Fintan McKearney (0-02) Martin Hamill (0-01) Paul Tierney (0-01) John McMullan (0-01)
Roscommon Michael Travors (0-04) Darren Beirne (0-02) Darren Hagan (0-01)
Referee John Fitzpatrick (Rockland)
Man of the Match Garth McCrory (Tyrone)

Carmen Stateside

Updated New York tables as of last night:
SENIOR FOOTBALL DIVISION  SENIOR HURLING DIVISION
"A" section   
Team         P W L T Pts                         Team P W L T Pts
Down         7 5 2 0 10                    Tipperary  3 3 0 0 6
4 Provinces  6 4 2 0 8                     Offaly       3 2 1 0 4
Kerry          5 4 1 0 8                      NJ/Kilkenny  3 1 2 0 2
Cavan         6 4 2 0 8                     Galway      3 0 3 0 0
Leitrim        5 4 1 0 8 
Cork           5 3 1 1 7
Barnabas     6 2 4 1 5 
Donegal      6 1 4 1 3
Sligo           6 0 5 1 1
Derry          6 0 6 0 0

JUNIOR FOOTBALL DIVISION 
"A" section                                   "B" section 
Team                  P W L T Pts                         Team    P W L T Pts
Tyrone                6 4 0 2 10                        Rockland  4 3 0 1 7
Astoria Gaels        8 4 3 1 9                          Offaly       4 3 0 1 7
St. Raymonds      7 4 3 0 8                          Cavan       4 3 1 0 6
Armagh              6 3 2 1 7                           Barnabas  4 1 2 1 3
Roscommon        6 3 2 1 7                           FDNY      4 1 2 1 3
Brooklyn/LI Gaels 6 3 3 0 6                           Donegal   3 1 2 0 2
Kerry                 6 3 3 0 6                         Monaghan  5 0 5 0 0
Dublin                7 2 3 1 5                       
Rangers             7 2 5 0 4
Mayo                 6 2 4 0 4 

TyronePhilly

Carmen Stateside,

You boys had a good win against Roscommon.......hopefully Sean Coyle is okay.
Heard through the grapevine you have a couple extra guns coming from an enemy area for you in Tyrone. HAHAHAHA

Two good forwards to be honest...Kelly and Tierney.
I tried Tierney last year....with no luck, big club man. Fair play to you boys.
Watching that game against Roscommon, I think two forwards are what you needed...up front with yourself, Deion,
Packie, and either Toner or McCrory, from Omagh

Best of Luck with the Rest of the Championship.........must get a night up there with some of our boys.

Tír Eoghain Philadelphia

........now amalgamated with the Four Provinces GAC Philadelphia...competing in the New York Senior Championship

Niall Quinn

Toronto Mens League Play Offs

Semis:
Durham W TO Gaels L (15 odd point game)
Vincents W Mikes L (AET - 1 point game)

Final:
Durham W Vincents L (5 point game)

Gabriel_Hurl

Niall Quinn

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 28, 2008, 08:11:39 PM
You missed a score there  ;)

Don't like to publicize the undercard! We could barely pull together a team, though Pats were very deserving of their win.
That was a hell of a performance you guys put in to beat Mikes on Sat - you should have beat them out the door and not needed ET though - need to fine tune your finishing..
Shane Boyd and your blonde #11 played some games - great footballers to watch and Shane's was the best individual performance I've seen at the park in years. You guys always seem to have Mikes number, eh? You should run a course on that for the other clubs!