The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Bad faith is a sustained form of deception which consists of entertaining or pretending to entertain one set of feelings while acting as if influenced by another.

It is associated with hypocrisy, breach of contract, affectation and lip service.

J70

Quote from: five points on September 10, 2020, 05:28:31 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 10, 2020, 05:26:20 PM
Are you disputing the figures?
I can't even read them. Have you nothing better?

From the BBC link, as of March 2019:

During Mr Obama's eight years in office, 1,878 drone strikes were carried out, according to researchers. Since Mr Trump was elected in 2016, there have been 2,243 drone strikes. The Republican president has also made some of the operations, the ones outside of war zones, more secretive. As a result, things have different today: under Mr Trump, there are more drone strikes - and less transparency.

Figures from the Sun Times link, authored by SE Cupp, a conservative journalist BTW, tell a similar story.

But again, given that YOU are the one who brought up the drones to defend Trump and attack Obama, you must have some basis for your assertions.

If the data presented by the BBC and SE Cupp, via the Daily Beast, is wrong, go ahead and show it.

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 10, 2020, 04:19:03 PM
Good to see the important things being discussed to deflect away from yesterday's revelations

Yesterday its him intentionally lying about what he really knew about the coronavirus.

A few days ago it was him disparaging those who serve in the armed forces.

This weekend it will be something else.

There is no bottom with this lowlife.

five points

Quote from: J70 on September 10, 2020, 05:39:35 PM

During Mr Obama's eight years in office, 1,878 drone strikes were carried out, according to researchers. Since Mr Trump was elected in 2016, there have been 2,243 drone strikes. The Republican president has also made some of the operations, the ones outside of war zones, more secretive. As a result, things have different today: under Mr Trump, there are more drone strikes - and less transparency.

Figures from the Sun Times link, authored by SE Cupp, a conservative journalist BTW, tell a similar story.

But again, given that YOU are the one who brought up the drones to defend Trump and attack Obama, you must have some basis for your assertions.

If the data presented by the BBC and SE Cupp, via the Daily Beast, is wrong, go ahead and show it.

Drone strikes. No mention of other air strikes (which we were actually discussing all day). No mention of bombs dropped on civilians.

five points

Gabriel you came a bit late to this to accuse anyone of moving goalposts.

6 hours too late.

Quote from: five points on September 10, 2020, 12:10:56 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 10, 2020, 12:03:53 PM
at least he was preaching a message of inclusion

... while going on in the next 8 years to launch ten times more air strikes on foreign targets than GW Bush did during his 8 years.

Some "inclusion" that.

J70

Quote from: five points on September 10, 2020, 05:49:29 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 10, 2020, 05:39:35 PM

Drone strikes. No mention of other air strikes (which we were actually discussing all day). No mention of bombs dropped on civilians.

You're the one who zeroed in on drones.

"Obama's drone attacks barely cost him a vote"

You are free to present whatever data you wish.

five points

Quote from: J70 on September 10, 2020, 05:58:44 PM

Give over, I mentioned them in passing. And I stand over that. They didn't do him a blind bit of harm.

J70

Quote from: five points on September 10, 2020, 05:59:47 PM

Give over, I mentioned them in passing. And I stand over that. They didn't do him a blind bit of harm.

Trump's drones won't cost him either.

five points

Quote from: J70 on September 10, 2020, 06:08:16 PM
Quote from: five points on September 10, 2020, 05:59:47 PM

Trump's drones won't cost him either.

Correct.  Not a vote.

screenexile

It'll start getting cooler... you just watch!!

Roesider

I see Joe Biden is being accused of reading scripted answers from a teleprompter on the James Corden show. Is he capable of beating Trump in a debate or at least hold his own?

J70

Quote from: Roesider on September 15, 2020, 01:17:30 AM
I see Joe Biden is being accused of reading scripted answers from a teleprompter on the James Corden show. Is he capable of beating Trump in a debate or at least hold his own?

Depends how you define "beat".

And also whether the fact checkers can keep up with Trump's lies.

sid waddell

Quote from: J70 on September 15, 2020, 01:43:26 AM

Depends how you define "beat".

And also whether the fact checkers can keep up with Trump's lies.
Biden: "President Trump did not take the thread of Coronavirus seriously, called it a hoax, said it would go away like a miracle and cost many thousands of American lives..."

Trump: "SHUT UP SLEEPY JOE, YOU ARE A DANGEROUS RADICAL COMMUNIST PAEDOPHILE AND YOU HAVE A TINY PENIS! YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE IT! YOU HAVE A MICRO DICK! I KNOW BECAUSE I FUCKED YOUR DEAD WIFE THE NIGHT BEFORE SHE DIED IN A CAR CRASH AND SHE TOLD ME!!!"

Eamonnca1

I prefer to watch Trump reading from the teleprompter and you see those little moments where he's obviously reading some well-known fact for the first time, and he says "nobody knew that," or "wait, can we go back and read that again?"