Wrightbus

Started by Hereiam, November 27, 2014, 08:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: amanda on December 02, 2014, 11:34:46 PM
Had a B/F who worked there, though that was 15 years ago.
Now that is a very uninteresting first post!

well it's really good of you to come out of the closet with your first post... :)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

michaelg

Quote from: T Fearon on December 03, 2014, 07:07:23 AM
Michaelg I was merely looking back nostalgically to my Young days.Working in a factory in Portadown in the early part of the 20th century my grandmother experienced plenty of bigotry and sectarianism but despite all of this I never heard her say a bad word about anyone.
I think you have just proved my point!

T Fearon

Proved what point? Ffs when I was a child the saying "looks like a Protestant (or Catholic)" was very common and non derogatory,as was the saying in my first job when a problem was resolved "it's more Protestant looking now" which nowadays would probably land the person saying it in a tribunal

MoChara

screenexile

Smokin Joe

Don't think there is long left now.

NAG1

Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 24, 2019, 01:39:11 PM

Any suggestions for a re purposing of the big white elephant the Pastor has built?  :D

imtommygunn

Surely there are quite a few illegal deeds in there??

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 24, 2019, 01:47:04 PM
Surely there are quite a few illegal deeds in there??

Illegal deeds in the new Building? Sure the Pastor hasnt even got into yet  :D
Maybe in the old one  ;)

Smokin Joe

It certainly wouldn't be the norm that an almost £300m turnover organisation would have a small accountancy firm as their auditors.  Their auditors are Stevenson and Wilson from Ballymena, it would be more normal to have a Big 4 firm as auditors once you get to that size.

red hander

Read somewhere during week, can't remember where, that employees had part of their salary deducted to go to the religious nutters' planned Ballymena Disneyland. Apparently one guy objected and promptly lost his job. ASFAIK, it's illegal to deduct anything from salary that is not tax/national insurance without the employee's permission. Added to that, their buses are supposed to be absolute shite and hated by many commuters in London

MoChara

Quote from: NAG1 on September 24, 2019, 01:45:25 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 24, 2019, 01:39:11 PM

Any suggestions for a re purposing of the big white elephant the Pastor has built?  :D

Talk of moving Casement to the edge of Harryville, real cross community job.  ;D ;D

TabClear

Quote from: red hander on September 24, 2019, 03:21:06 PM
Read somewhere during week, can't remember where, that employees had part of their salary deducted to go to the religious nutters' planned Ballymena Disneyland. Apparently one guy objected and promptly lost his job. ASFAIK, it's illegal to deduct anything from salary that is not tax/national insurance without the employee's permission. Added to that, their buses are supposed to be absolute shite and hated by many commuters in London

There are a lot of wtf stories floating round about some of the employment practices they used. But sure when you've got God as a shareholder its all for the greater good  ::) ::)

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/The-Wright-Group-Reviews-E764171.htm

https://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Wrightbus/reviews?fcountry=GB&floc=Ballymena

trailer

What a pathetic comment. Apparently, can't remember, supposed and shite.

markl121

Quote from: trailer on September 24, 2019, 04:48:09 PM

What a pathetic comment. Apparently, can't remember, supposed and shite.

Well the guy posted on twitter about salary deductions so you can check there princess.

Whats the craic with the sale of the land for 4 million? was the sale legit? I read a bbc news article about it from 2012 stating the land was on the open market and noone wanted it so I think if thats the case then it was fair game and it cant really be used as a stick to beat them with. Although funding the 4 million purchase with the sale of their church to wrights is dodgy.  If it wasnt on the open market then surely the big contractors in the north could demand an investigation into the sale?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19555107