Senior Football Championship 2015

Started by redsetanta, March 06, 2015, 09:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

It was Ballyroan and Josephs I was referring to regarding relegation.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

BallyroanAbu

What we have been building towards county final all year.  Relegation ??? What sort of stuff you on 👌🏻. Last team to win county before Portlaoise.  Before I run away with myself we have a nice young team who will come on a lot from yesterday.  I am sure we will give the Heath a good test. 

Helix

No doubt Ballyroan will be stronger than what Emo came with: they were quite poor on Saturday. The Heath only in second gear at best, plenty more football in them. Some win for Killeshin also!
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Unlaoised

Can't understand How Seamus Mulhare is a senior referee after only starting two years ago...I've seen him twice this year before yesterday and he has been out of his dept in big games..

Yesterday was no exception I had my doubts going in and like many was proved right.He lost total control of the game and in the brawl to pick out the players he did was remarkable.

I thought like the Port and Heath man sitting beside me he was extremely harsh on Ballyfin for the 60 minutes and this lead to him loosing total control of the game.

I hear he jumped a few ranks due to been proposed by his own Club man at a meeting at the start of the year.

Its a pity for him and the games he will ref because clearly he needs more experience to be able to ref at this level.
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

Arles v Graigue replay fixed for O'Moore PArk on Thursday evening.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

From the Terrace

Agree with statement on seamus mulhare to say he let the brawl spiral out of control is an under statement, the brawl was coming a mile away. Not jumping on a dishing of seamus mulhare bandwagon, who i think has potential but has been through into senior too early. But as far as i know seamus plays midfield for the heaths junior a team & is referring in junior a championship. Is there not a conflict of interests here??

Hospital Pass

Mulhare is miles off the standard you expect for the top tier. Not really his fault in my view. the referee panel or county board, whoever appoints the referee's to games is responsible. He has no experience and i think St josephs and Ballyfin deserved better. if a referee was going to be given a shot at the senior I think Clifford Ward deserves a go, Never much fuss when he refs a game from what i have seen. The frustration in that josephs/Ballyfin game was always building.
A row on the field is one think but the substitutes should be punished severely for getting involved.

Unlaoised

Quote from: Hospital Pass on August 10, 2015, 07:39:36 PM
Mulhare is miles off the standard you expect for the top tier. Not really his fault in my view. the referee panel or county board, whoever appoints the referee's to games is responsible. He has no experience and i think St josephs and Ballyfin deserved better. if a referee was going to be given a shot at the senior I think Clifford Ward deserves a go, Never much fuss when he refs a game from what i have seen. The frustration in that josephs/Ballyfin game was always building.
A row on the field is one think but the substitutes should be punished severely for getting involved.

Good post yes the subs should be punished...It was a pity as a previous poster said you could see this row coming its not like there is any bitterness between the clubs the players wouldn't even know each other all the tension was cause by what I thought poor a very poor ref on the day.Joe Brennan on the line didn't help him as much as he could have in the row either.

I feel sorry for Mulhare as he jumped a few ranks through no fault of his own to ref at this level and was clearly not up to the task.As Hospital pass said Ballyfin and Joes deserved better and it was a pity for Ballyfin in the first game ever as senior that the game decended into such a farce.

Joe's were the better team on the day and will be relieved to be up in the senior ranks again.

Ballyfin will struggle with out very important players the next day in what will be a battle against Crettyard.

LAOIS ABÚ

Uisce

Some shocks over the weekend. Most notably, Mountmellick beating Port and Killeshin beating O'Dempseys.. Serious wins for those teams.

Strad obviously had Portlaoise slightly rattled but they really seemed to turn it on in the second half, holding Strad to a point. The Heath looked good and should go far this year.

Big talking point was probably the row in the Josephs/Ballyfin game. I was at the game and although it looked very bad there didn't seem to be any serious injuries after it bar one of Josephs guys. Not sure who. It will be interesting to see what action is taken on this though.

As a previous poster said Ballyfin lost some big players and could potentially lose more so it's hard to see them troubling anyone else in the senior ranks now which is unfortunate for them.  Agree that the referee was poor in the game. A thankless job but he didn't seem to have control of the game at all.

Potential Arles derby in the next round sounds good but think it'll be a Killeen/Town final, with Portlaoise to sneak it! Not a mindblowing prediction  ;)

The Monument Road

People arae a bit hard on Seamus Mulhare. Players have a responsibility and if they misbehave they have to be dealt with. I hope the culprits are suspended longterm. The only blot on Mulhare was that the row could have been avoided if he had dealt with the Ballyfin player for the tackle on the josephs sub Kelly and which led to the row. He actually sent him off on a straight red a few minutes later for a similar dangerous tackle. Players coming from the stand should get a longer suspension. As for the game it was bordering on intermediate standard and josephs have a long road ahead of they are to survive.
Best game of the weekend was the Port/MM game. Great game with great scores. Coss 7 Mullen were. exceptional

Next best although onesided was Heath/Emo. the heath looked a very settled and well trained team. their movement was great to watch.

Portlaoise / Stradbally. Only one team in it when Portlaoise decided to play.

Arles/Graigue. poor enough although i was very impressed with kevin meaney. He was head and shoulders above everyone else. Ross is still suffering from his summer woes with Laois. Mark Timmons was Graigues best although young Reilley also showed well.

I missed the other games and have already spoken about Kileen/ballylinan

Unlaoised

Quote from: The Monument Road on August 11, 2015, 06:25:40 PM
People arae a bit hard on Seamus Mulhare. Players have a responsibility and if they misbehave they have to be dealt with. I hope the culprits are suspended longterm. The only blot on Mulhare was that the row could have been avoided if he had dealt with the Ballyfin player for the tackle on the josephs sub Kelly and which led to the row. He actually sent him off on a straight red a few minutes later for a similar dangerous tackle. Players coming from the stand should get a longer suspension. As for the game it was bordering on intermediate standard and josephs have a long road ahead of they are to survive.
Best game of the weekend was the Port/MM game. Great game with great scores. Coss 7 Mullen were. exceptional

Next best although onesided was Heath/Emo. the heath looked a very settled and well trained team. their movement was great to watch.

Not hard on Mulhare I felt sorry for him but for him not to even ref a division 1 game all year and be thrown in at the deep end like this was madness.

He didn't have control of the game at any stage and the players picked up on this going in harder each time on the tackle.

He was harsh on Ballyfin for most of the game and this lead to them getting very frustrated near the end.In saying that he made a few poor calls on Joe's as well.

Ballyfin haven't much hope of staying up now which is a real shame they have some nice young footballers and deserved more than what could turn out to be a farce of a year in the senior ranks.

Joe's will be happy to be safe for another year but don't look to be going anywhere fast.

On a side note James Doyle is a great player to watch his movement off the ball and on it is as good as is in the county!

Portlaoise / Stradbally. Only one team in it when Portlaoise decided to play.

Arles/Graigue. poor enough although i was very impressed with kevin meaney. He was head and shoulders above everyone else. Ross is still suffering from his summer woes with Laois. Mark Timmons was Graigues best although young Reilley also showed well.

I missed the other games and have already spoken about Kileen/ballylinan
LAOIS ABÚ

Jimmy P

Hard to fathom a comment about  people being hard on Mulhare ::) ::) He was absolutely and utterly out of his depth and was completely at fault for 5 red cards in what was over all a very poor game. He let some heavy tackles go early on which went unpunished against St Josephs and frustration grew from there. Would Mulhare have been given Arles/Graigue or Portlaoise/Stradbally over the weekend? Of course not a complete lack of respect shown to both Josephs and Ballyfin by the county board and we wonder about the standard of football in the county then

Unlaoised

Quote from: Jimmy P on August 13, 2015, 09:29:43 AM
Hard to fathom a comment about  people being hard on Mulhare ::) ::) He was absolutely and utterly out of his depth and was completely at fault for 5 red cards in what was over all a very poor game. He let some heavy tackles go early on which went unpunished against St Josephs and frustration grew from there. Would Mulhare have been given Arles/Graigue or Portlaoise/Stradbally over the weekend? Of course not a complete lack of respect shown to both Josephs and Ballyfin by the county board and we wonder about the standard of football in the county then

I'm afraid I have to agree with most of this...

Mulhare was giving this game as they thought it would be an easy on to ref that Joe's would walk all over Ballyfin with little fuss.

The chap never even got to ref a division one game this year what sense does it make?
LAOIS ABÚ

Timmy

He did referee division one games this year

SCFC

Player power has reared its head in O'Dempseys! Manager Mick Moore was "sacked" by the players this week and former player Kieran Kehoe is now in charge.