Senior Football Championship 2015

Started by redsetanta, March 06, 2015, 09:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heshs Umpire

Mountmellick v Port
Think Port will win this. Mountmellick without Darren Fitz, Eoghan Keogh, Eoin George as far as I know. Port have Barry Mitchell back, he's a good forward. Port by 5.

Arles v Graigue
Should be Graigue. Arles are without the Stynes brothers, Stephen Miller and Mick O'Shea this year. Glen Ryan will have them up for it no doubt but surely the pick of players Graigue have even without Chris Hurley and Ian Fleming will tell. Graigue by 3 or 4.

Emo v The Heath
Could be very close. I hear Costello will play for Emo which will be massive boost to them. I'm going to sit on the fence and call a draw!

Portlaoise v Stradbally.
Portlaoise are without Adrian Kelly, Brian Glynn, Stuart Nerney and Paul Cotter from last year's county final team. They have plenty of lads itching for a chance though and should have enough to beat Stradbally who will miss Shiel a lot. Portlaoise by 5.

Ballyfin v Joseph's
Joe's won't have two or three of the Campions. This could be closer than some people think. Ballyfin will be full strength. Joes by 2.

Crettyard v Ballyroan Abbey.
Hard to call. Ballyroan seem to have some good young lads to go with Tierney, McMahon and Marty Scully so I'll say they'll edge it by 3.

Killeshin v O'Dempsey's
On all known form O'Dempsey's should win this but losing to Timahoe in the Division 2 final wasn't a great sign. Still, they should take Killeshin who had a bad league.  O'Dempsey's by 5.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

redsetanta

Fair play Hesh, you seem to be well informed regarding various players availability etc. Eoin George would be a big loss to MM. Are most of these casulties because of injury or being out of the country. I know the story with the Arles lads!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Hospital Pass

Decent game last night, Arles system really nullified Ballylinan scoring threat well. Joe Mulhare gave a very disciplined performance in taking Gary Walsh out of the game. Nice too see Donie play on the edge of the square, Ballylinan tried in vein to double mark him to little success. From Ballylinans point of view i wouldnt be too concerned. some good young players and looking forward i think they will be safe.
Hesh thats a big loss for mountmellick, they aren't picking from a big pool as it is. i heard training numbers are poor. Port will be without Jason Moore who is apparently on holiday. 
Midfield could be a weakness for Portlaoise so looking at the players missing.
Ballyfin wont be at full strength, from what i have heard they are missing at least 2 if not 3 of the starting 6 backs from last years intermediate win     

The Monument Road

Kileen won pulling up with a defensive system that is honed to the last. Something very noticable last night was their short kick out system which worked brilliantly for them. it reqires a lot of effort which was in abundance with them. When Ballylinan kicked it long from their kick outs kileen were cleaned at midfield through the Great efforts of Jamie Farrell and the evergreen John(Bailer) Kealey. Donie K was untouchable last night and kicked marvelous scores although he looked like he was working on one leg. In saying that Ballylinan missed 3 goal chances one of which was a sitter from Gary Walsh. He had a poor game last night. Ballylinan are very young and this showed against a seasoned mature Kileen team. it will be interesting when stronger teams play them man to man as they are very limited in the midfield area due to the seemingly long term absence of Enright who is out with a fractured cheek.

BallyroanAbu

Dave like the tv channel

Hospital Pass

redsetanta

Draw between Arles and Graigue. 8 apiece. Graigue were 5-1 up at half time.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Dave like the tv channel

Stradbally are up by one point at HT, having played against the wind. Portlaoise kicked eight wides.

BallyroanAbu

Mountmellick best of the weekend sofar

BallyroanAbu

Just saying here I think Ballyfin are a bet at 7/2 to beat Josephs it's much more like 50/50

Helix

Joseph's beat Ballyfin 1.9 to 7 points. They wont need the rulebook this year to keep them up senior so!
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

From the Terrace

fair brawl near the end of this poor enough game joes strolled through it for the most of it. 4 sent off.

redsetanta

Some unlikely results over the weekend. MM beating Port and Killeshin beating O'Dempseys.

Arles rescued the draw and should they win the replay it's a game against their nearest neighbours and rivals. A loss and it's O'Dempseys which would be a tough one. They will need to beat Graigue or they could be dragged into a relegation battle.

Big wins for Portlaoise and The Heath with Ballyroan and Josephs safe from relegation this year.

BallyroanAbu

Doubt the Heath and Portlaoise were ever worrying about relegation.