Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 06, 2018, 02:32:18 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on September 06, 2018, 01:17:10 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on September 02, 2018, 11:13:27 PM
and why was tiaran mc cann givin the job of marking kilkenny? totally backfired. lee brennan actually ended up marking him late on when he got another point. we got a goal and a point directly from the 'hail marys' but we only started doin it when we were 8 points down with 5 mins to go. if we had of done it from the start we could easily have been 8 points up before Dublin started playing. game lost on the sideline.

No, you would have sacrificed our early points for low percentage goal chances. Colm cavanagh won one duel in the square, Dublin reacted by double marking him and the next ball was snuffed out in an instant. It would have been suicide to do what you suggest.

I disagree. Cavanagh knocked the second high ball down and Peter harte was fouled for tapover free. So 1-1 first two balls in. If we had done this first 5 mins then Dublin put 2 men in square on cavanagh surely then we would have an extra man out field? Then we really would have been in business.

Don't think that is true. Almost certain it was first ball that lead to penalty, second ball caught by Howard and cleared out and third ball went over Colly's head and Ritchy Donnelly got it and laid it out to Harte for the foul. I was right above goals in upper Davin.

A bigger problem was the type of ball played into him. It was coming too high and in a straight line. We should have been moving it out to the wing and playing it in with a lower trajectory.

Even Mattie Donnelly's accidental point came in on a straight line with a very high trajectory.

Baile an tuaigh

The low diagonal ball aimed at the extra man (the corner flag) is the hardest one to defend against. Armagh under Joe McKernan played it to great effect. They use it in hurling almost religiously. Corner forwards know instinctively to sprint to the corner flag when their team is attacking from opposite wing. Space means a little second more on the ball. You can turn and burn or draw the foul. The key is to aim for the side line side of the corner flag so you don't put it out of play thus handing the opposition the advantage again.

When is  Connor McKenna's contract up in Australia? Could some big Tyrone based company bring him back home? Look what JP McManus is doing with Limerick hurlers. It would be nice if Tyrone could bring him back.

bigtogs

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on September 06, 2018, 04:19:41 PM
The low diagonal ball aimed at the extra man (the corner flag) is the hardest one to defend against. Armagh under Joe McKernan played it to great effect. They use it in hurling almost religiously. Corner forwards know instinctively to sprint to the corner flag when their team is attacking from opposite wing. Space means a little second more on the ball. You can turn and burn or draw the foul. The key is to aim for the side line side of the corner flag so you don't put it out of play thus handing the opposition the advantage again.

When is  Connor McKenna's contract up in Australia? Could some big Tyrone based company bring him back home? Look what JP McManus is doing with Limerick hurlers. It would be nice if Tyrone could bring him back.

No lack of money in Tyrone i presume!! Club Tyrone trawled England and USA about 6 months ago and came home with bags of it...

southtyronegael

Omagh Gael, watched it again. First high ball, penalty. Second, Richie donnelly catches and recycles too Lee Brennan wide. 3rd high ball breaks and Peter harte fouled, point. So should have been 1-2 from 3 high balls. Not a bad return.also think it was hampsey scored the accidental point not Mattie Donnelly.

Rois

Quote from: bigtogs on September 06, 2018, 05:03:52 PM
No lack of money in Tyrone i presume!! Club Tyrone trawled England and USA about 6 months ago and came home with bags of it...
;D I love reading this stuff.

bigtogs

Quote from: Rois on September 06, 2018, 09:22:04 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on September 06, 2018, 05:03:52 PM
;D I love reading this stuff.

Is it lies??

omaghjoe

Quote from: Oghams Law on September 04, 2018, 11:06:04 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on September 04, 2018, 07:30:14 AM
Quote from: The Golden Years on September 03, 2018, 04:34:36 PM
Did the Tyrone players really believe they could beat Dublin yesterday?  I honestly think they didn't.  When Dublin scored the penalty which was only to level the game you could see Tyrones head drop.  Surely if the had of had belief they would have seen it for what it should have been, a score to level the game' composed themselves and went at again for next 15 or so mins the way they want at for the first 20. Instead it appeared as they said 'f*@k this, we gave them everything for 20mins and we are still level, we are not going to beat them'.

Quite possibly but its a fine line. Something I have been concerned about this Tyrone team is leadership.... When something like that happens especially against Dublin who just start riding the crest of a wave after a goal we need to reply immediately... when we score a goal we need to add the next point immediately. Dooher used to be a great man for recognising that and would often provide that moment of leadership that would lift the rest of the team. Its critical

Some really innovative thinking going on here. Try and score points...  This man must have managerial experience

???

Rois

What exactly were you told? What constitutes "bags"? It is no secret but these stories seem to snowball.

Therealdonald

On a side note, has the partying finished after we wo...I mean lost the biggest game of the year? Would hate to see the bar tabs if we ever win again.

southtyronegael

Quote from: Therealdonald on September 06, 2018, 10:08:39 PM
On a side note, has the partying finished after we wo...I mean lost the biggest game of the year? Would hate to see the bar tabs if we ever win again.
lads entitled to let loose I guess. been a long year and a lot of effort from players. having said that I seen a few pics in papers today and a lot of lads looked delighted with themselves for some reason. mc namee on r o neills shoulders with a smile from ear to ear and mc clure on the stage with a silly hat dancing a jig?

RedHand88

I can only imagine what we'd have seen if they had Snapchat and Instagram in 1995, or 86 for that matter  ::)

Under Lights

Apparently Harte gets a right slating in Seán Cavanagh's book. 

skeog

Sure he has to make people want to buy it so it has to have some controversy about his Manager.

Thebigdog

A collective sigh of relief could be heard around counties Antrim and Sligo as Tyrone manager Mickey Harte tells media he only likes to work with quality players! Oh dear.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Therealdonald on September 06, 2018, 10:08:39 PM

Is this a wind up mate?  I dont want to bite to wind ups.