Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilySavage

Won it handy in 1st gear having gone up in weight.

LilySavage

Yah, i doubt he would even spar him . Late replacement. Be interesting to see if they go ahead with Herring without a crowd. Herring towers over Frampton sizewise  but his record isnt all that. Beat a Japanese to get his strap.

gallsman

Quote from: LilySavage on August 16, 2020, 12:05:42 AM
Yah, i doubt he would even spar him . Late replacement. Be interesting to see if they go ahead with Herring without a crowd. Herring towers over Frampton sizewise  but his record isnt all that. Beat a Japanese to get his strap.

What on earth is that supposed to mean? You realise one of the best lb for lb boxers on the planet is Japanese?

LilySavage

Calm down. What was meant was there are sometimes softer World Titkes won when boxing against Japanese fighters who have strong domestic records. TJ Dohenys for example. Wayne McCullough to a lesser extent. My overall point is that Herrings CV is not as stellar as one may think.

nrico2006

Japan would have far more champions than us at the lower weights, seem to do very well. Frampton is on the slide and hasnt had a victory of note in some time, but would love to see him beat Herring.

See Breakhus lost last night to a girl Taylor beat before, McCaskill. Real opportunity for Taylor to get all 4 WW belts in one fight if she can be smart and box Persoon. Persoon is fitter than Taylor but she recently lost an amateur fight, dont think much can be read into that though. She seems a slow starter who comes on as the rounds progress.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

KT potentially in trouble here. Persoon winning plenty of rounds through sheer relentlessness.

Could be 6-4 to either of them or easily a draw.

nrico2006

Taylor's engine is poor, seems knackered after 3/4 2 minute rounds.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

mrdeeds

gallsman

No problem with 96-94 but 98-93 a bit wide. Either of them could have been given it. KT with the skills and better boxing as always, Persoon with unbelievable pressure and volume.

gallsman

Main Street

Well done to Katie, seemed a more definite  clear cut victory than last time,  more techincal skill and cleaner hits from Katie  probably impressed the judges. I think Persoon acccepted she was well beaten this time.

shyted

steve bunce what a p***k

gallsman

Quote from: Main Street on August 22, 2020, 10:37:16 PM
Well done to Katie, seemed a more definite  clear cut victory than last time,  more techincal skill and cleaner hits from Katie  probably impressed the judges. I think Persoon acccepted she was well beaten this time.
Do you get off on being a contrary f**k or what exactly is your deal?

She wasn't "well beaten" in the slightest, as acknowledged by basically everybody but you.

PadraicHenryPearse

will thrown and landed punch stats be available?

Main Street

Quote from: gallsman on August 22, 2020, 10:40:34 PM
Quote from: Main Street on August 22, 2020, 10:37:16 PM
Do you get off on being a contrary f**k or what exactly is your deal?

She wasn't "well beaten" in the slightest, as acknowledged by basically everybody but you.
Persoon acknowledged she was beaten, said she was well hurt and couldn't hurt Katie, one judge went 98 -93.
So, go fck yourself gobshite and wallow in your own bile, you have enough of it to spare.