Ticket Scam

Started by Mac Eoghain, April 10, 2008, 02:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac Eoghain

I suppose this could affect all counties:

Strabane Sigersons Press Release:

It has been brought to the clubs attention that a person or persons purporting to be representatives of Strabane Sigersons G.A.A. have been selling tickets for a Development Draw in the Altamuskin/Ballygawley areas of Tyrone.
The tickets bearing the club logo were being sold at £20.00 each or three for £50.00 with a prize fund of £25,000 for a draw to be held on 29th November 2008.
The club have received a copy of one of the tickets purchased and wish to point out that Strabane Sigersons G.A.A. do not have a draw ongoing at present and urge anyone approached to refuse to purchase such, unfortunately it appears that some people have already been conned into doing so!
We have spoken to the Tyrone County Board, our club solicitor and to the P.S.N.I. in Strabane regarding the matter and are appealing to everyone to spread the word that this is a bogus draw.
We urge anyone with any information on the matter to contact the club without delay."

supersarsfields

I received an email earlier warning about this.
I suppose it would be very easy for someone to do alright. I know the tickets would be easily enough to replicate and it's just preying on the trust many of us would have for people in the GAA. I know generally I wouldn't really have gave people a second thought if people appeared with Club tickets, just have assumed that they were legit. It'll not help Strabane with any future draws they plan to do.

rrhf

May their balls be hung off the clothes line when they're caught!

amallon

About a year ago a few lads were in the Bridge club selling tickets for an East Down club, think it was Dromara or someone but they didn't seem to know a lot about the club.  Not even what division they were in.  We still bought the tickets but it could have easily been a scam.  I never heard any more about it.

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

supersarsfields

What's a bit much about it HS? Once people hear about the fake tickets it might put them on awares in the future regarding any draws. No fault of Strabane's or anything but It's not hard to imagine how it might affect sales.

ziggysego

Quote from: supersarsfields on April 10, 2008, 04:23:08 PM
What's a bit much about it HS? Once people hear about the fake tickets it might put them on awares in the future regarding any draws. No fault of Strabane's or anything but It's not hard to imagine how it might affect sales.

Well why only Strabane? Could easily happen to any club draws.
Testing Accessibility

magpie seanie

Must be really scummy fucks the guys who are doing this.

supersarsfields

Course it could Ziggy. But unfortunately for Strabane it happened to them. Can you not see how if Strabane ticket sellers go out at some point in the future selling tickets and people recall this here how it might affect their sales? Sure it'll prob end up having an effect on all GAA clubs. Too be honest I'm surprised this hasn't been tried before by some scumbags out there.

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteAbout a year ago a few lads were in the Bridge club selling tickets for an East Down club, think it was Dromara or someone but they didn't seem to know a lot about the club.  Not even what division they were in.  We still bought the tickets but it could have easily been a scam.  I never heard any more about it.

Think that was legit amallon. Fella I know bought a ticket as well off a friend of his.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

winsamsoon

Take your points hard station will never forgive you for that post  :D :D Thunderbirds reactions
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.