Tragedy in Tyrone

Started by oakleafgael, September 05, 2007, 01:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone realist

Haven't heard specifics but its been confirmed. Ardboe v Coalisland and Brocagh v Fintona are off tomorrow in an email from the CCC.

RIP.

Elias

Holy Mother of God, another lad dies within a week   :'( :'(

Totally astonishing what is happening here.

TractorTom

It is true unfortunately. The boy was 13 years old and played his football for Ardboe.

Just awful.

J70

Awful news again, but I hope people don't overreact and start pulling their kids out of sports. The average person is at a far, far greater risk of dying of heart problems through lack of exercise than through these very rare heart conditions.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

FL/MAYO

Just terrible news. RIP to all the children that died this week...very very sad.

loughshoregirl

It's an awful sad week. My father had seen the ambulance leaving the football field and the word was then that things didn't look good. The wee fella had health problems and had just finished warming up when he collasped. My sympathies go out to the Devlin family.  Everyone in Ardboe is in deep shock. RIP wee man.

loughshoregirl

The Rossas have a message displayed on their website : http://www.ardboegfc.com/

The Forfeit Point

what an awful week, my heart goes out to all the families, friends and relatives of the deceased. RIP

john mcgill

Two children in Tyrone and two in Westmeath in one week.  Dreadful. For me prayers for those affected are my only answer.

Square Ball

terrible, terrible news. this is the first I have heard of the children from Westmeath dieing as well.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

orangeman

Terrible news - Tyrone seems to have got more than their fair share of tragedy all down the years - or perhaps it just seems that way -

In any case, it puts football into perspective.

RIP.

Farrandeelin

Absolutely shocking news about the two young lads collapsing. RIP. Terrible week for Tyrone football and the wider community in general. :'(

Shocking news about the two 16 year olds from Westmeath too. RIP
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tyrones own

Heartbreaking week alright, Poor families.
   RIP
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Norf Tyrone

We were just literally about to start our minute's silence prior to our U16 game v Aghyaran this afternoon when the word came through from Ardboe! Tottaly crazy...

Thoughts with all concerned...
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone