A family affair

Started by hows she cutting, November 22, 2006, 02:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hows she cutting

I saw this on the hoganstand website
many instances of this in mens game?
fathers and sons on the same team, whats the highest level this has occured at?

fair play to Brenda by the way.

It's family affair for Emyvale
22 November 2006

Monaghan ladies football great Brenda McAnespie and her 16-year-old twin daughters Aoife and Ciara will make a small piece of history on Sunday when they line out together for Emyvale in the All-Ireland ladies junior football final.

Supermum Brenda, who has six children ranging from 16 to five in age, will line out at midfield, while Aoife and Ciara will feature at half back and half forward respectively.
Brenda is a revered figure in Monaghan ladies football circles, having already won one junior and three senior All-Ireland medals with Monaghan. The twins were born a year before her first All-Ireland win in 1991.

Brenda transferred from here native Monaghan Harps to join them on the Emyvale team this year and she is now hoping to add to her haul of All-Ireland medals. The twins won All-Ireland under 19 and under 16 medals with St. Louis' College, Monaghan already this year and Ciara scooped the 'Ulster Youth Player of the Year' at the All-Stars banquet last weekend.

While the McAnespie feat is not a first – only four years ago Eileen McNally came on as a late sub to join her five daughters on another Farney outfit, Tyholland, who annexed this championship – it is unusual that Brenda remains Emyvale's driving force at the age of 40 while her daughters also have integral roles.

Emyvale meet Eadestown of Kildare in the final at Dromard in Co. Longford.

brokencrossbar1

TAC can maybe confirm if he is still about, but the McConville family had 3 sons, Gary(mad man), Neil and the other one who wasn't as good as the other two played on the same team as their father Brendan in a few games.

full back

Maybe some of the hurling lads can help me out-but I think Sunday past or the previous one. it was the Leinster club hurling that a son came off the beanch and scored a point or 2 and his father was playing.Could have been the Offaly champions?

magpie seanie

Crossmolina last year had a father and son combo - the Leonards I think.

The Bottom Brick

Brian Whelehan's son is about twenty and came on for Birr in the Leinster club SHC, while Sid himself was playing wing back!!
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

Mayo4Sam

Laim O'Neill & Chuckie played on the same knockmore team
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

venter

Both Leonards played for Crossmolina against St. Brigids the last day - Johnny Rep and his son Mark.

DoYerJob Linesman

Our club saw 4 men win Senior Championship medals in the same year as their sons in 2006:

Malachy Conway (James / Darren / Brendan)
Pat McGuckin (Kevin n)
Adrian McGuckin (Ronan)
Martin Muldoon (Enda / Fabian)

Surely this is unique in Gaa History!
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

Hardy

I'd say a good few lads in some clubs I know of might have been playing on the same team as their fathers. But they mightn't have known.

Uladh

How did adrian win a senior championship medal this year?

the green man

something to do with 82