Darragh O Se to retire

Started by magickingdom, February 17, 2010, 10:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

strong rumours around last night that Darragh O Se will announce his retirement today. Will have to wait a few more hours to see if its true or not. 6 All Ireland medals is some haul if its to end at that

orangeman

Quote from: magickingdom on February 17, 2010, 10:42:19 AM
strong rumours around last night that Darragh O Se will announce his retirement today. Will have to wait a few more hours to see if its true or not. 6 All Ireland medals is some haul if its to end at that

I had heard he was going to give it one more go.

But he's had a long and fruitful careeer, 6 AI medals in the modern era is unreal.

T Fearon

Without doubt the player of the modern era, and 12 years between your first and last (if he is indeed to retire) All Ireland medals speaks volumes for his commitment in the modern era. One of the all time greats

full back

A dirty big fcuker but an unreal player and a some man for the big occasion

orangeman

Quote from: full back on February 17, 2010, 11:45:39 AM

Wouldn't have called him dirty - he could mix it and play it whatever way you wanted.

A man you'd always have wanted on your own team.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: orangeman on February 17, 2010, 11:50:24 AM
Quote from: full back on February 17, 2010, 11:45:39 AM

Wouldn't have called him dirty - he could mix it and play it whatever way you wanted.
A man you'd always have wanted on your own team.
the footballers down round waterville call him a dirty hoor !!

I heard last week (from a Tralee lad) that both Darragh and Tomas were set to retire
I dont think tomas will, hes too young !
that woul dbe a savage blow for Kerry to lose one of them  - but two..would be a disaster and Cork odds on !

mackers

There was some debate on the James Nallen thread about whether he was a "legend" or not, Darragh is a legend without doubt. The best midfielder of his generation.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Official:

Kerry legend Ó Sé retires

Kerry legend Darragh Ó Sé today announced his retirement from intercounty football, though admitted it will be difficult to hang up the boots after such a distinguished career with the Kingdom.

And some player he was, go n-éirí an bóthar leis.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

INDIANA

Quote from: T Fearon on February 17, 2010, 11:36:16 AM
Without doubt the player of the modern era, and 12 years between your first and last (if he is indeed to retire) All Ireland medals speaks volumes for his commitment in the modern era. One of the all time greats

for once tony is right.

Zapatista

Great player. I wish him the best of luck in his retirement from County football.

turk

Darragh O'Se got better as the years went on. If he was dominated in a game then most likely Kerry would lose, but this didn't happen too often. A big loss for Kerry, even though the legs may not have carried him for another season. Great leader psychologically for Kerry.

Trevor Hill

Kerry footballer Darragh Ó Sé has confirmed his retirement from inter-county football.

Ó Sé has been a member of the Kerry squad since 1994, winning six All-Ireland titles and being named an All Star three times.

Speaking on An Saol ó Dheas today on RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta, Ó Sé said that he is looking forward to being able to spend more time with his wife Amy and his family.

Ó Sé admitted that it would be difficult to be in the audience for the big matches and not on the field, but was confident that Kerry had a very strong team and that they would continue to do well into the future and wished them all the best.

Celt_Man

and so ends the IC career of one of the greatest players, never mind mid-fielders, of the modern era
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

mannix

well thats a big hole for kerry to fill, he saved them several times from losing big games.good luck to him and this makes the chance of a new champion more realistic, cork and dublin will be taking note.

Zapatista

Quote from: mannix on February 17, 2010, 01:22:47 PM
well thats a big hole for kerry to fill, he saved them several times from losing big games.good luck to him and this makes the chance of a new champion more realistic, cork and dublin will be taking note.

Without sounding like I don't appreciate O'Sé's importance I think this is a little OTT. Kerry will fill the hole.