2018 NFL Division 2

Started by tippabu, December 31, 2017, 11:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippabu

Quote from: Rossfan on March 05, 2018, 11:31:38 AM
Time to get this thread back to the limelight.
All to play for still.

It is, looks like Cavan need two win to go up, tipp and roscommon look like they may well need to win all their games to guarantee it but have it in their own hands, the rest will need to win 3 on the bounce to have a chance and hope for some help I think.

Looks like 1 from 6 teams could go down.

Everything should become abit more clearer after this weekend

Itchy

Predictions

Cavan to narrowly beat down
Clare to beat Roscommon
Cork to beat Meath
Tipp will hammer Louth

Cunny Funt

Down to beat Cavan sure aren't Down better on the road?

Clare and the rossies to draw that would be Clares 3rd home draw in a row.

Tipp to beat Louth by about 9 points though my Louth friend tells me they beat Tipp in Semple Staduim on their last visit

Meath v Cork if Meath have got over the hard hitting Paddy O Rourke comments they might win this home game.

Westside

Down to beat Cavan by 3
Roscommon to roll over Clare with minimal fuss.
Tipp will struggle but beat Louth.
Meath and Cork to draw.

Orchard park

which county really believes they will survive in div 1

Blowitupref

Quote from: Orchard park on March 05, 2018, 04:53:10 PM
Galway after spending 6 years in Div 2 were told they wouldn't survive and are now one win away from reaching the Div one final. Good job Monaghan didn't have that lack of belief when they were a Division 3 team in 2013.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

An Watcher

Hard to work out which down team will turn up.  Either way I can't see them beating a Cavan team on the up.

Syferus

Maybe the one that did it two years ago?

I'd suspect Cavan might come back down to earth before they have to make the trip to the Hyde next week. Two losses on the trot would leave the Tipp game in a very precarious spot for them. This isn't the division where teams do it the easy way.

tippabu

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 05, 2018, 04:39:23 PM

Down to beat Cavan sure aren't Down better on the road?

Clare and the rossies to draw that would be Clares 3rd home draw in a row.

Tipp to beat Louth by about 9 points though my Louth friend tells me they beat Tipp in Semple Staduim on their last visit

Meath v Cork if Meath have got over the hard hitting Paddy O Rourke comments they might win this home game.

Yep, last year, 2nd last game. The winners of louth tipp in thurles was going to be promoted, we were complacent and poor as we had been the whole year and i think we took the match for granted. Played them again in the final and won comfortably. Looks like Louth have fallen back a bit where as we have pushed on, really hoping lessons have been learned and we dont make that same mistake again.

tippabu

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 05, 2018, 05:57:07 PM
Galway after spending 6 years in Div 2 were told they wouldn't survive and are now one win away from reaching the Div one final. Good job Monaghan didn't have that lack of belief when they were a Division 3 team in 2013.

Even Kildare have been very competitive, lost well against dublin which can happen anyone, lost the other 3 games by 1, 1 and 2. They are on 0 points but you wouldnt say they were out of their depth

Itchy

Quote from: Westside on March 05, 2018, 04:45:27 PM
Down to beat Cavan by 3
Roscommon to roll over Clare with minimal fuss.
Tipp will struggle but beat Louth.
Meath and Cork to draw.

Tipp 1/12 to beat Louth. Id be very surprised if they don't win by 10 points or more. Id be disappointed if we don't get over Down. Mcveety is the key, he is in fantastic form and has really developed his decision making. With the 2 weeks without a game I'd expect gearoid and Mackey to start this game. Also Mcglennan has mentioned a number of times he is very keen to turn breffni into a fortress again. That means 4/4 wins and I think the players are motivated well to that end. Now if we can win the last 2 games are very tough. I could see us beat Down and lose the next 2 matches.

Orchard park

Quote from: Syferus on March 05, 2018, 06:11:24 PM

I'd suspect Cavan might come back down to earth before they have to make the trip to the Hyde next week. Two losses on the trot would leave the Tipp game in a very precarious spot for them. This isn't the division where teams do it the easy way.

The one which failed miserably in  Div1 in 2017 is it

Syferus

Quote from: Orchard park on March 05, 2018, 07:49:36 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 05, 2018, 06:11:24 PM

The one which failed miserably in  Div1 in 2017 is it

Yeah, the ones that are Connacht champions.

Orchard park

Discussing league here......

My opinion is none of the teams in D2 are capable of s sustained  spell in D1 yet and all would be bettefvserved in D2 for development.   Galway had 6 years under their belt before going up. Ross went from 4 through to 1, had a sensational season, had a nihhtmarevamdvsrdvprobsbly at their realistic level now....... very hard blood new players in key positions in D1 and this applies to all the current D2 teams Most of whom are rebuilding of searching for key personnel still......

Syferus

Quote from: Orchard park on March 05, 2018, 09:44:12 PM
Discussing league here......

My opinion is none of the teams in D2 are capable of s sustained  spell in D1 yet and all would be bettefvserved in D2 for development.   Galway had 6 years under their belt before going up. Ross went from 4 through to 1, had a sensational season, had a nihhtmarevamdvsrdvprobsbly at their realistic level now....... very hard blood new players in key positions in D1 and this applies to all the current D2 teams Most of whom are rebuilding of searching for key personnel still......

Your opinion isn't very well supported by facts. Roscommon won a Connacht title (and very nearly two) off the back of two seasons in D1. The likes of Kildare, Monaghan, Donegal and Galway are hardly much better than Tipp or Cork or Roscommon, especially given they going hell for leather in the league while the D2 teams aren't, at least we most certainly haven't been.

I hate this nonsense about it being better to be in D2. I remember the same shîte when we went up two seasons ago and we're now a much better side for the experience than we were ending 2015 knocked out by Sligo and Fermanagh. There's little to fear in D1 apart from Dublin.

Players and supporters want to play the best - end of sentence.