The Official 2016 US Presidential election thread

Started by Eamonnca1, July 10, 2014, 05:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on December 19, 2015, 06:14:19 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2015, 05:35:17 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on December 19, 2015, 04:01:56 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2015, 02:03:46 PM
I wouldn't ever call sensationalist CNN a decent place to get one's news, but the idea that they're in the tank for a political party or viewpoint in the same manner as Fox News is just ludicrous. Doesn't mean that they might not lean liberal, but PR arm of the Democratic Party they are not.

You sir are talking through your arse. They are democrat through and through. You just have to check out their "panel" during election times. Biased as f**k.

Their regular programming is completely unbalanced towards democrats as well.

Given your track record of racist contributions, I'll not take your criticism to heart, but here is a list of political contributors to CNN. Straight from Wikipedia, so may be incomplete:

Someone pulling out the race card!! Quick...losing the argument so let's start accusing....
Evidence please?

CNN is biased. Face it.

You made a comment about Obama, South Africa and affirmative action last week, which I asked you to explain twice ( I can pull it back up if you want to clarify your point). Based on that and many other comments and positions you've espoused, you clearly seem to have an issue with black people.

CNN may well be biased, despite their pundit lineup, which you have not disputed. In Fox News' league it is not.

J70

Quote from: J70 on December 06, 2015, 12:57:06 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on December 06, 2015, 05:05:02 AM
Quote from: easytiger95 on December 05, 2015, 06:31:17 PM
Quote from: stew on December 05, 2015, 05:30:22 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 10, 2014, 06:15:16 AM
Another black liberal president? The fox news/tea party crowd will literally be up n arms!

Why would they be?

So in your world republicans are racist? is that it?

Catch yourself on ffs.

People are individuals and choose to be racist or not, there are plenty of liberal racists running around the USA and Ireland for that matter.

Stew you've seen the current clown car antics of the Republican primary race and you're honestly going to argue that there is not a huge racist aspect to the proceedings?

If it's all a matter of individuals, then there an awful lot of racist individuals who are currently associated with the GOP, and a lot of them are running for President. I suppose that is just a coincidence, and not a product of a rancid culture that has grown up around a party that is petrified that it is losing its demographic dominance?

Catch yourself on ffs (as you so eloquently put it)

If the last 8 years is the shape of things to come I'd be worried about the future of the USA.
Ask your South African friends how they've been faring out since they got "change". Affirmative action eh?

So what are you saying?

That South Africa was better off under apartheid?

That black people should not be in positions of political power?

There you go Foxcommander...

J70

A study of tone on cable news stories from the approach to the last presidential election:

Postive/negative spin on Obama (% of stories)
CNN - 18/21
Fox - 6/46
MSNBC - 39/15

Postive/negative spin on Romney (% of stories)
CNN - 11/36
Fox - 28/12
MSNBC - 3/71

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/01/14/five-facts-about-fox-news/

So CNN was evenly divided on Obama, and against Romney. Fox virulently against Obama and pro-Romney. MSNBC pro-Obama and with a murderous vendetta against Romney.

Hardy

Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2015, 09:39:10 PM
Another black liberal president? The fox news/tea party crowd will literally be up n arms!

Why would they be?

Catch yourself on ffs.

People are individuals and choose to be racist or not, there are plenty of liberal racists running around the USA and Ireland for that matter.

Stew you've seen the current clown car antics of the Republican primary race and you're honestly going to argue that there is not a huge racist aspect to the proceedings?

If it's all a matter of individuals, then there an awful lot of racist individuals who are currently associated with the GOP, and a lot of them are running for President. I suppose that is just a coincidence, and not a product of a rancid culture that has grown up around a party that is petrified that it is losing its demographic dominance?

If the last 8 years is the shape of things to come I'd be worried about the future of the USA.
Ask your South African friends how they've been faring out since they got "change". Affirmative action eh?

So what are you saying?

As for this one, I'd ask for a clarification if I thought I was dealing with a rational member of the community:

Quote from: foxcommander on December 18, 2015, 02:53:27 PM
Where do decent folk go to live when their homeland is overrun by vermin?

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2015, 09:33:40 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on December 19, 2015, 06:14:19 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2015, 05:35:17 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on December 19, 2015, 04:01:56 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2015, 02:03:46 PM
I wouldn't ever call sensationalist CNN a decent place to get one's news, but the idea that they're in the tank for a political party or viewpoint in the same manner as Fox News is just ludicrous. Doesn't mean that they might not lean liberal, but PR arm of the Democratic Party they are not.

You sir are talking through your arse. They are democrat through and through. You just have to check out their "panel" during election times. Biased as f**k.

Their regular programming is completely unbalanced towards democrats as well.

Given your track record of racist contributions, I'll not take your criticism to heart, but here is a list of political contributors to CNN. Straight from Wikipedia, so may be incomplete:

Someone pulling out the race card!! Quick...losing the argument so let's start accusing....
Evidence please?

CNN is biased. Face it.

You made a comment about Obama, South Africa and affirmative action last week, which I asked you to explain twice ( I can pull it back up if you want to clarify your point). Based on that and many other comments and positions you've espoused, you clearly seem to have an issue with black people.

CNN may well be biased, despite their pundit lineup, which you have not disputed. In Fox News' league it is not.

I will dispute.

Biased as fook in the last election. The only republicans that were on sparingly were Alex Castellanos and Geraldo Rivera.

On the other side Roland Martin, Donna Brazille, James Carville were constantly on with biased mediating from the likes of Anderson Cooper, Wolf Blitzer and Don Lemon.

It felt like a constant democrat political broadcast. All they needed to do was have Romney pictured with horns, a pitchfork, a tail and a hell background.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

Why would they be?

Catch yourself on ffs.

So what are you saying?

I know quite a few south Africans who've had to leave their homeland because they were discriminated against when going for jobs even though they were more than qualified.

I never mentioned apartheid. I think that sort of discrimination is wrong. Shame on the south African government for implementing it if that's their idea of creating a shared country.

But try twist that whatever way you like. Try again....

foxcommander

Quote from: Hardy on December 20, 2015, 01:19:05 AM

Why would they be?

Catch yourself on ffs.

So what are you saying?

As for this one, I'd ask for a clarification if I thought I was dealing with a rational member of the community:

Quote from: foxcommander on December 18, 2015, 02:53:27 PM
Where do decent folk go to live when their homeland is overrun by vermin in meath jerseys?
Fixed that.

ballela-angel

Question to Foxcommander, Whitey and Stew - Which of you have a vote in the upcoming presidential election?
That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on December 20, 2015, 01:26:41 AM

Why would they be?

Catch yourself on ffs.

So what are you saying?

I know quite a few south Africans who've had to leave their homeland because they were discriminated against when going for jobs even though they were more than qualified.

I never mentioned apartheid. I think that sort of discrimination is wrong. Shame on the south African government for implementing it if that's their idea of creating a shared country.

But try twist that whatever way you like. Try again....

You mentioned South Africa  since'they got "change"', following your claim that Obama is f**king up the US. Given that the main significant change in South Africa was the fall of apartheid, what the hell else would any reasonable person interpret that sentence as referring to? You constantly refer to Obama as the "Kenyan muslim". You whined for a week that you couldn't use the N word. You're always talking disparagingly about black victims of American police. That someone might have suspicions about your attitude towards black people is far from unreasonable.

omaghjoe

Im lost lads, yous seem to excel at quibbling

Anyway I watched bits and pieces of the Democratic debate tonight, I thought yous would be all into it.

Bernie seems genuine and sensible, for what I seen and heard by far the closest to my politicial outlook, tho not sure if he's a great politician.

Hillary never seems to give over, she seemed to talk 80% of the debate. She knows what she talking about, knows the game and more importantly knows how to air brush things. Does any1 else think she looks like the fake Santa Claus from the Santa Clause?

The O'Malley chap never seems to blink

J70

Quote from: omaghjoe on December 20, 2015, 05:55:00 AM

Anyway I watched bits and pieces of the Democratic debate tonight, I thought yous would be all into it.

Bernie seems genuine and sensible, for what I seen and heard by far the closest to my politicial outlook, tho not sure if he's a great politician.

Hillary never seems to give over, she seemed to talk 80% of the debate. She knows what she talking about, knows the game and more importantly knows how to air brush things. Does any1 else think she looks like the fake Santa Claus from the Santa Clause?

Why?

Its Hillary's nomination. Nothing to see here!

Eamonnca1

Fox et all are very upset that reality has a liberal bias.

seafoid

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 20, 2015, 07:26:09 PM
Fox et all are very upset that reality has a liberal bias.
Echo chamber effect
This is from the NY Review of Books

"In this way, the Internet, which isn't the press, but often functions like the press by disseminating news and information, begins to cut us off from dissenting opinion and conflicting points of view, all the while seeming to be neutral and objective and unencumbered by the kind of bias inherent in, and embraced by, say, the The Weekly Standard or The Nation.

Edward Gorey Charitable Trust
Why this matters is captured in a study in the spring issue of Sociological Quarterly, which echoes Pariser's concern that when ideology drives the dissemination of information, knowledge is compromised. The study, which examined attitudes toward global warming among Republicans and Democrats in the years between 2001 and 2010, found that in those nine years, as the scientific consensus on climate change coalesced and became nearly universal, the percentage of Republicans who said that the planet was beginning to warm dropped precipitously, from 49 percent to 29 percent. For Democrats, the percentage went up, from 60 percent to 70 percent. It was as if the groups were getting different messages about the science, and most likely they were. The consequence, as the study's authors point out, was to stymie any real debate on public policy. This is Pariser's point exactly, and his concern: that by having our own ideas bounce back at us, we inadvertently indoctrinate ourselves with our own ideas. "Democracy requires citizens to see things from one another's point of view, but instead we're more and more enclosed in our own bubbles," he writes. "Democracy requires a reliance on shared facts; instead we're being offered parallel but separate universes."
It's not difficult to see where this could lead—how easily anything with an agenda (a lobbying group, a political party, a corporation, a government) could flood the echo chamber with information central to its cause. (This, in fact, is what has happened, on the right, with climate change.) "

omaghjoe

Quote from: J70 on December 20, 2015, 02:17:27 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on December 20, 2015, 05:55:00 AM

Why?

Its Hillary's nomination. Nothing to see here!

Are you being serious or are you continuing the squabble with foxie etc?

One thing I find truely bizzare coming from the mainstream, white, middle class democrate voters who pride themselves as voting on conscience, is that they keep saying... " well I agree with Bernie more but I think that Hillary has a better chance of getting elected" Strange outlook if you ask me.

You gotta give the GOP voters credit for voting instinctively, instead of tactically

Hardy

Yes, because we should value instinct over intellect.  ::)