The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: laoislad on June 02, 2019, 09:11:51 AM
Good Morning lads.

Morning dude, I'm missing a couple of my mates up here in Antrim, I'm starting to get worried as they are not on social media and no show at mass this morning if you see them round the midlands give me shout. They are both wearing red shirts with Chevrolet on them
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

RedHand88

Awful awful match.

Do i care?

No.

laoislad

Just rewatching it here now. Was so tense last night but watching it now with a clear head its surprising how comfortable Liverpool were. They didn't dominate the game but they controlled it. They never looked panicked for any period of the game. The exciting football got them to the final but the final was all about winning the trophy.
Spurs had plenty of the ball but apart from a few shots near the end they created fcuk all really good chances.
Liverpool actually had the better chances over all.
This nonsense that Spurs deserved to win is actually laughable.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Denn Forever

They shouldn't have played Kane from the start.  He was bossed and seemed to f-ch up the system they had been using when he wasn't there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLhN__oEHaw
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

BennyCake

Quote from: laoislad on June 02, 2019, 10:56:02 AM
Just rewatching it here now. Was so tense last night but watching it now with a clear head its surprising how comfortable Liverpool were. They didn't dominate the game but they controlled it. They never looked panicked for any period of the game. The exciting football got them to the final but the final was all about winning the trophy.
Spurs had plenty of the ball but apart from a few shots near the end they created fcuk all really good chances.

Many teams don't deserve to win a game, and still do so. United in 1999 didn't deserve to win it, but still did.

brokencrossbar1

I've posted as little as possible in here in recent times as I've always been terrified of putting the scud on us. I've been lucky enough to have follow the club since 1983 when I started getting an interest in sport...kinda followed on ironically from NI in the 1982 World Cup and my best friend being a nephew of Pat Jennings and we both were budding goalkeepers. I have seen some great Liverpool teams. The 1984 team was the left overs from the late 70's along with the new additions from the early 80's. It was a team that constantly evolved.  I think if Heysel hadn't happened we'd be sitting now on about 10 Big Ears such was the class of that group and the team that Kenny built. Then Hillsborough. That broke the club. Then Ged's heart attack when things seemed like they were building nicely.  2005 was a snatch and grab and the 2007 team was actually much better but so were Milan. Despite the performance though this has been the sweetest. This has been a build, this has been a squad development, this has been a proper creation of something special. I know from my own personal experience what it's like when something like this happens, it creates belief in yourself and fear in others. I think this is what is scaring other clubs' fans so much. This is the proper awakening moment I feel. We have the players and the likes of Madrid and Barca are not the draw anymore. We have one of the best managers in the world, some of the best players in the world and let's face it probably the most fanatical and loyal bunch of fans you could ever imagine. There is nothing this club and team cannot do. Forget the performance, Spurs were shite too. This competition was only completed last night, it was won against PSG in Anfield, Napoli in Anfield, Bayern Munich and Barca in Anfield. Last night was just the topping on a fantastic season. #YNWA #6times

J70

Quote from: laoislad on June 02, 2019, 10:56:02 AM

I agree completely. Both teams more or less cancelled each other out, which was fine for Liverpool who were winning. That said, Liverpool could have been much better in the first half when they couldn't string three passes together and kept losing the ball to Spurs pressure. Second half was much better until the five or ten minutes before the second goal when Spurs started to create a few chances (they were absolutely dreadful in the final third up to that). Couldn't understand why they took Delle Alli off around then - he was repeatedly finding Son on the edge of the area with passes straight up the middle and then they just whip him off for Llorente. Trippier took great advantage of the narrowness of Liverpool's middle three, always finding that pocket of space between Robertson and Mane on the Liverpool left, but apart from Delle Alli's header over the bar, nothing came of it. The early goal dictated the flow of the game thereafter - Liverpool were content to play conservatively, especially given the conditions, and gave up very few openings until those few chances towards the end. But even then, Allison was never really stretched, and Milner was inches from putting the game away before Origi's brilliant finish.
Bottom line though... who gives a f**k! ;D

J70

Quote from: Over the Bar on May 01, 2019, 10:58:51 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 01, 2019, 10:33:37 PM
Disappointing result and score line a bit harsh, Messi and Suarez just more clinical.
Can't believe some tw.ts on here laughing at a team that is 26 points better than theirs. Complete pr..cks

26 points but it looks like f**k-all trophies yet again!  Even Wigan have won a major since you guys!  ;D

Does it make you feel better that I had a bet on Barca to win and both teams to score? Yes? Good!  Now dry your wee eyes and shuffle off to bed.  Next year is yours ...maybe 8)

;D 8)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: J70 on June 02, 2019, 12:40:54 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on May 01, 2019, 10:58:51 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 01, 2019, 10:33:37 PM
Disappointing result and score line a bit harsh, Messi and Suarez just more clinical.
Can't believe some tw.ts on here laughing at a team that is 26 points better than theirs. Complete pr..cks

26 points but it looks like f**k-all trophies yet again!  Even Wigan have won a major since you guys!  ;D

Does it make you feel better that I had a bet on Barca to win and both teams to score? Yes? Good!  Now dry your wee eyes and shuffle off to bed.  Next year is yours ...maybe 8)

;D 8)
He's the gift that keeps on giving.

Good posts from BCB, Laoislad and J70.

Have we seen the last of Moreno, Sturridge, Lallana etc?

BennyCake

Some people need to cut out the United-Liverpool childish pettiness.

Over the Bar

Well done. I'm £190 the richer which makes it a bit easier to take as does the sight of Delli Alli and Kane on the losing side. Spurs fans might feel hard done by on the peno but their team had 88 mins to put that right and failed to justify a place in the final by their performance.   Best team won a dour encounter.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hound on June 02, 2019, 09:33:00 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 02, 2019, 12:19:45 AM
Quote from: laoislad on June 02, 2019, 12:07:40 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 01, 2019, 11:52:01 PM
I see the European Super Cup Final is in  Beşiktaş Vodafone Stadium in Istanbul.
Have a World Club Cup to play for now as well...

Are you sure? I was under the impression all the English teams have boycotted that.
Interesting. I don't many people pay any attention to it, unless they're only club is in it, and even then it's more a pain in the swiss, with extra traveling and matches.

Liverpool do have to play in the Community Shield, which I'd forgotten about. Doesn't mean a whole lot in the scale of things, but Liverpool are the only team to have won both the Shield and Super Cup in the same year, 1977 (Shield shared) and 2001 (Houllier's 5 trophies in 5 months 😆)

The Charity Shield will be a better sell with the League Champions playing the European Champions.

Over the Bar

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 02, 2019, 12:17:38 PM
I've posted as little as possible in here in recent times as I've always been terrified of putting the scud on us. I've been lucky enough to have follow the club since 1983 when I started getting an interest in sport...kinda followed on ironically from NI in the 1982 World Cup and my best friend being a nephew of Pat Jennings and we both were budding goalkeepers. I have seen some great Liverpool teams. The 1984 team was the left overs from the late 70's along with the new additions from the early 80's. It was a team that constantly evolved.  I think if Heysel hadn't happened we'd be sitting now on about 10 Big Ears such was the class of that group and the team that Kenny built. Then Hillsborough. That broke the club. Then Ged's heart attack when things seemed like they were building nicely.  2005 was a snatch and grab and the 2007 team was actually much better but so were Milan. Despite the performance though this has been the sweetest. This has been a build, this has been a squad development, this has been a proper creation of something special. I know from my own personal experience what it's like when something like this happens, it creates belief in yourself and fear in others. I think this is what is scaring other clubs' fans so much. This is the proper awakening moment I feel. We have the players and the likes of Madrid and Barca are not the draw anymore. We have one of the best managers in the world, some of the best players in the world and let's face it probably the most fanatical and loyal bunch of fans you could ever imagine. There is nothing this club and team cannot do. Forget the performance, Spurs were shite too. This competition was only completed last night, it was won against PSG in Anfield, Napoli in Anfield, Bayern Munich and Barca in Anfield. Last night was just the topping on a fantastic season. #YNWA #6times

Just as well Liverpool are doing the business for ye BCB as that Armagh team must have ye boking yer ring out!!

laoislad

Some scenes in Liverpool right now!
#6times
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.